• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose Idiot Wins?

Ellen Brown

I've not been following the political news today, so feel so much better not hearing the continuous bog about Brexit. This evening I see that there appears to be some sentiment that Trump didn't purposely collude with the Russians. So, perhaps that means he is simply a Russian Mafia puppet?

I have no excuse to offer for feeling that Putin is cute and sings better than Trump perhaps. I heard Putin singing the Russian National Anthem. It is quite pretty and um dignified to me.

With American politics, perhaps it is the case that all the rich guys look around for an idiot that they can boss around and that is who they put in. It seems that is not the case with Putin, though I do not entertain the delusion that he is an Angel.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Many people have a lowkey Putin crush. No-one admits it.

8569412-3x2-700x467.jpg

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've not been following the political news today, so feel so much better not hearing the continuous bog about Brexit. This evening I see that there appears to be some sentiment that Trump didn't purposely collude with the Russians. So, perhaps that means he is simply a Russian Mafia puppet?

I have no excuse to offer for feeling that Putin is cute and sings better than Trump perhaps. I heard Putin singing the Russian National Anthem. It is quite pretty and um dignified to me.

With American politics, perhaps it is the case that all the rich guys look around for an idiot that they can boss around and that is who they put in. It seems that is not the case with Putin, though I do not entertain the delusion that he is an Angel.
Putin was an KGB secret agent. You don't become that and then go on to become the head of Russian state without capability. He is also ruthless and corrupt and amoral. Basically a Bond villain I guess.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Putin was an KGB secret agent. You don't become that and then go on to become the head of Russian state without capability. He is also ruthless and corrupt and amoral. Basically a Bond villain I guess.
The thing that annoys me about this is that Churchill was a drunk who over-saw a wholly stoppable mass-murder upon India owing to hunger; he was a terrible person and yet he's glorified because he also had legitimate achievements. Judging leaders like this is very hard because it's very push-pull ends-means sort of thinking and where you as a person stand, what your morals are, the rules you're prepared to break/see broken and those you're not &c.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If we are talking creepy old men then Biden wins by default. I mean the man can't even resist creeping on himself!!
20190411_060438.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think that Trump is a puppet. For one thing, he's wealthy enough that he doesn't need to kowtow to anyone for donations. If the Russians wanted him to win, it wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with collusion or having some sort of control over him. It's just as likely that they wanted someone who was outside of the control of the US ruling establishment, which seems to be most people's main problem with Trump.

In other words, the Russians may have wanted to throw a monkey wrench into the system, but that doesn't mean that they would have direct control over that monkey wrench or how it actually affects the system.

It seems clear that the US ruling elite have grown so accustomed to having the deck stacked in their favor that once a wild card (or monkey wrench) like Trump enters the game, panic sets in and it's like Chicken Little and the sky is falling. That's what we've been seeing these past couple of years since Trump's election.

Ever since America was founded, there have always been those who have had concerns about the "wiles of foreign influence" (as George Washington put it). During Washington's time, there were Americans who took a pro-British view while others took a pro-French view - since France and Britain were the two main superpowers at the time, and it was felt that America should have to fall within one or the other's hegemony. Washington and others wanted America to remain neutral and detached from such matters.

It worked well for us up until the World Wars, at which time there were pressures from outside entities to get us involved and take sides with one European power against another European power. Big money has also been part and parcel of the electoral process and the manipulation of the masses' votes - and we haven't been very particular lately about where that money comes from, just as long as it spends.

For generations since then, we've had a political system in which it's been largely okay with the Powers That Be that foreigners have influence and that money buys elections. The most prominent foreign influence over America by far has come from Britain, but we've also seen influence from China, Japan, the Arab world, and many other countries.

Heck, even the Iranians were alleged to have colluded with the Reagan campaign to help Reagan get elected in 1980 - and few people even knew about, that let alone made a big deal about it. (The irony is that the Iranians were so naive and clueless about American politics that they didn't realize they were enabling right-wing militarism which still persists today, especially in US policies towards the Middle East.)

As for the Russians, I don't think they're really much of a direct threat to the U.S. They're not the "evil empire" that they once were. Ever since the end of the Cold War, our military has been gallivanting around the world as if we think we own the whole planet. If there's any Russian hostility towards us now, it's only because they're ostensibly trying to remind us that we don't control the entire world. The sooner Americans can realize this and come to terms with it, the better off we'll all be.

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
The thing that annoys me about this is that Churchill was a drunk who over-saw a wholly stoppable mass-murder upon India owing to hunger; he was a terrible person and yet he's glorified because he also had legitimate achievements. Judging leaders like this is very hard because it's very push-pull ends-means sort of thinking and where you as a person stand, what your morals are, the rules you're prepared to break/see broken and those you're not &c.
Churchill was afraid to sleep more then 3 hours or be alone with his thoughts and used alcohol as an escape.

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
I don't think that Trump is a puppet. For one thing, he's wealthy enough that he doesn't need to kowtow to anyone for donations. If the Russians wanted him to win, it wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with collusion or having some sort of control over him. It's just as likely that they wanted someone who was outside of the control of the US ruling establishment, which seems to be most people's main problem with Trump.

In other words, the Russians may have wanted to throw a monkey wrench into the system, but that doesn't mean that they would have direct control over that monkey wrench or how it actually affects the system.

It seems clear that the US ruling elite have grown so accustomed to having the deck stacked in their favor that once a wild card (or monkey wrench) like Trump enters the game, panic sets in and it's like Chicken Little and the sky is falling. That's what we've been seeing these past couple of years since Trump's election.

Ever since America was founded, there have always been those who have had concerns about the "wiles of foreign influence" (as George Washington put it). During Washington's time, there were Americans who took a pro-British view while others took a pro-French view - since France and Britain were the two main superpowers at the time, and it was felt that America should have to fall within one or the other's hegemony. Washington and others wanted America to remain neutral and detached from such matters.

It worked well for us up until the World Wars, at which time there were pressures from outside entities to get us involved and take sides with one European power against another European power. Big money has also been part and parcel of the electoral process and the manipulation of the masses' votes - and we haven't been very particular lately about where that money comes from, just as long as it spends.

For generations since then, we've had a political system in which it's been largely okay with the Powers That Be that foreigners have influence and that money buys elections. The most prominent foreign influence over America by far has come from Britain, but we've also seen influence from China, Japan, the Arab world, and many other countries.

Heck, even the Iranians were alleged to have colluded with the Reagan campaign to help Reagan get elected in 1980 - and few people even knew about, that let alone made a big deal about it. (The irony is that the Iranians were so naive and clueless about American politics that they didn't realize they were enabling right-wing militarism which still persists today, especially in US policies towards the Middle East.)

As for the Russians, I don't think they're really much of a direct threat to the U.S. They're not the "evil empire" that they once were. Ever since the end of the Cold War, our military has been gallivanting around the world as if we think we own the whole planet. If there's any Russian hostility towards us now, it's only because they're ostensibly trying to remind us that we don't control the entire world. The sooner Americans can realize this and come to terms with it, the better off we'll all be.
I consider Trump's administration a government by billionaires for billionaires, with an effective method of manipulating 35% of the population.
Washington had just returned from fighting the French. The British considered him a traitor.
The Iranians did get spare parts for their planes within 2 months of Reagan taking office.
History is set set of lies, agreed upon. Napoleon

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I consider Trump's administration a government by billionaires for billionaires, with an effective method of manipulating 35% of the population.
Washington had just returned from fighting the French. The British considered him a traitor.
The Iranians did get spare parts for their planes within 2 months of Reagan taking office.
History is set set of lies, agreed upon. Napoleon

Well, yes a government by billionaires for billionaires. I agree with that, although that's been going on for much longer than Trump's administration. The only real political battle that exists seems to involve which billionaires get to be in power. And since big money is in the realm of international finance, citizens from other nations can buy into the system, which has always been for sale to the highest bidder. This situation has been perfectly acceptable and considered normal by both parties for decades, and it's only now that they're making this big thing about foreign influence and collusion with a foreign power.