• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHOSE blood?

It is no longer popular in churches to emphasize BLOOD, but it most certainly was emphasized in churches until a generation or so ago. Why? The reason comes right from the scripture. There is so much emphasis on it that people indoctrinatede with it feel vacant without it and "thirst for blood." That does not mean they want to cut up people, nothing like that. It is just difficult-to-describe lust for blood.

Keep in mind that the Old Testament in a Jewish book. Before their Temple was torn down by the Romans, their whole worship centered around the ritual slaughter of animals in that Temple. The Temple itself was regarded as "the house of God." Does that explain why the blood emphasis? Not quite. Lets go back for an explanation of why all the animal slaughtering.

In the earliest forms of the Near Eastern religious heritage was the belief that if you conquer another people, slaughter them and take their land, it was a 'BLOOD SACRIFICE." It is like the god wanted that blood and giving it to him made him happy. It occurred in early India before the Buddha and still happened in the Mayan/Aztec world until the Spanish arrived. That is why whole army contingents were sacrificed in early China. Some human sacrifice even survived into the society of Ancient Crete.

below are some of the blood sources in the Scriptures:

"When I see the Blood, I will pass over you." Exodus 12:13
"It is the Blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11
"The Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." I John 1:7
"We have redemption through His Blood, even the forgiveness of sins." Colossians l:14

Below is a vivid description of the "blood lust" common to Judaism, Christianity and Islam:

Day and night one verse would ring in my ears: "It is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul." I knew I had broken the law. I needed atonement. Year after year, on that day, I beat my breast as I confessed my need of it; but it was to be made by blood, and there was no Blood! In my distress I at last opened my heart to a learned and venerable rabbi. He told me that God was angry with His people the temple was destroyed, and a Mohammedan mosque was reared up in its place. The only, spot on this earth where we dare shed the blood of sacrifice, in accordance with Deuteronomy 12 and Leviticus 17, was desecrated and our nation scattered. That was why there was no blood. God had Himself closed the way to carry out the solemn service of the great day of atonement. Now we must turn to the Talmud, and rest on its instructions, and trust in the mercy of God and the merits of the fathers.

I tried to be satisfied but could not. Something seemed to say that the law was unaltered, even though our temple was destroyed. Nothing else but the blood could atone for the soul. We dare not shed blood for atonement elsewhere than in the place the Lord had chosen. Then we were left without atonement at all. The thought filled me with horror. In my distress I consulted many other rabbis. I had but one great question, "Where can I find the blood of atonement?"

I was over thirty years of age when I left Palestine and came to Constantinople, with my still unanswered question ever before my mind, and my soul exceedingly troubled about my sins. One night I was walking down one of the narrow streets of that city, when I saw a sign telling of a meeting for Jews. Curiosity led me to open the door and go in. Just as I took a seat I heard a man say: "The Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." I was my first introduction to Christianity, but I listened breathlessly as the speaker told how God had declared that "Without shedding of blood is no remission," but that He had given His only begotten Son, the Lamb of God, to die, and all who trusted in His Blood were forgiven all their iniquities. This was the Messiah of the fifty-third chapter of Isaiah; this was the Suffering Servant of Psalm 22. Ah, my brethren, I had found the blood atonement at last. I trusted it, and now I love to read the New Testament and see how all the shadows of the law are fulfilled in Jesus. His Blood has been shed for sinners. It has satisfied God, and it is the only means of salvation for either Jew or Gentile.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So does that mean we should drink blood?

What does Balaam teachings mean?

Was Yeshua a clean 'sacrifice'?

may

So does that mean we should drink blood?

What does Balaam teachings mean?

Was Yeshua a clean 'sacrifice'?
For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!" ACTS 15;28-29
(Genesis 9:4) Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

(Leviticus 3:17) "‘It is a statute to time indefinite for YOUR generations, in all YOUR dwelling places: YOU must not eat any fat or any blood at all.’"

(Leviticus 7:26) "‘And YOU must not eat any blood in any places where YOU dwell, whether that of fowl or that of beast.

(Leviticus 17:10) "‘As for any man of the house of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who eats any sort of blood, I shall certainly set my face against the soul that is eating the blood, and I shall indeed cut him off from among his people.

(Deuteronomy 12:16) Only the blood YOU must not eat. On the earth you should pour it out as water.

(Deuteronomy 12:23) Simply be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the soul and you must not eat the soul with the flesh.

(1 Samuel 14:32) And the people began darting greedily at the spoil and taking sheep and cattle and calves and slaughtering them on the earth, and the people fell to eating along with the blood................................... Taking a leaf out of your book, i thought i would quote some scripture, and i think it will answer your question. and the answer is quite clear that we should not drink blood . and that applys to christians also. infact in acts 15;28-29 it says to abstain from blood . so to abstain means to have nothing to do with it . if a doctor told us to abstain from something, we would not touch it . because it would be bad for us , its the same with blood God says to abstain from it .

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The preponderance of Christianity do not embrace substitutionary atonement.

Christians do not drink blood. We drink wine in which is recognized the real presence of Christ.

FatMan

Blood had a significance as being the sign of life. Some cultures/sects believed that by drinking blood that you were rejuvenating yourself - adding life per se.

wizanda

Premium Member
The preponderance of Christianity do not embrace substitutionary atonement.

Christians do not drink blood. We drink wine in which is recognized the real presence of Christ.
Lev 10:9
(9) Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Mar 9:41
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Rev 14:8
(8)
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Rev 16:6
(6)
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are accountable.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
It is no longer popular in churches to emphasize BLOOD, but it most certainly was emphasized in churches until a generation or so ago.
It's interesting how subtle and pervasive the messages are. As a kid, I never gave much thought to all the hymns where we sang about blood. We just sang whatever the music person said to. For me now, it's almost surreal to look around and see ordinary people who would otherwise be squeamish around blood smile, sway, and sing rapturous songs about it.

For fun, I made a list of some (certainly not all) hymns that feature blood in the title. Many more mentioned it in the verses...
- - - - - - - - -
Are you washed in the Blood?

By The Blood That Flowed From Thee

Covered by the Blood

Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness

Jesus, Whose Blood So Freely Streamed

Let Thy Blood in Mercy Poured

Nothing But the Blood

Oh The Blood of Jesus

Saved by the Blood

The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power

The Bloodwashed Pilgrim

The Blood-Washed Throng

There Is a Fountain Filled with Blood

There Is Power in the Blood

Redeemed Through the Blood

Under the Blood

When I See the Blood
- - - - - - - -

If taken literally, it can get a bit creepy.

wizanda

Premium Member
Good point.....it is also very noticeable in most fake bits in the Bible (John, Paul, Simon the stone (peter), as they start with Blood sprinkling and Grace...which is obviously false as Zechariah 4 says, "they will shout grace, grace unto the plummet-line (test)....yet grace was cut off due to Zechariah 11 completion to the letter of the potters field prophecy......

sojourner

Lev 10:9
(9) Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:

Mar 9:41
(41) For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Rev 14:8
(8)
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Rev 16:6
(6)
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are accountable.

Proof-texting is not good exegesis. Bad exegesis breeds bad theology.

may

(Jeremiah 5:31) The prophets themselves actually prophesy in falsehood; and as for the priests, they go subduing according to their powers. And my own people have loved [it] that way; and what will YOU men do in the finale of it?".................. what will the finale of it all be ? teaching falsehood is not the way to go because it will only end in destruction, and yes the destruction will come from the most high , as revelation 18;4 says ............. GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE ...............BABYLON THE GREAT IS ALIVE but Gods people are heeding the command from God to get out of her , so she has fallen , she no longer has any power over Gods people , but she is yet to be destroyed. babylon the great is the worlwide empire of false religion . and yes true worship has been restored.

JayHawes

(Jeremiah 5:31) The prophets themselves actually prophesy in falsehood; and as for the priests, they go subduing according to their powers. And my own people have loved [it] that way; and what will YOU men do in the finale of it?".................. what will the finale of it all be ? teaching falsehood is not the way to go because it will only end in destruction, and yes the destruction will come from the most high , as revelation 18;4 says ............. GET OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE ...............BABYLON THE GREAT IS ALIVE but Gods people are heeding the command from God to get out of her , so she has fallen , she no longer has any power over Gods people , but she is yet to be destroyed. babylon the great is the worlwide empire of false religion . and yes true worship has been restored.

No one has a clear idea of exactaly what "babylon the great" is besides the fact that it refers to Rome. One of the only logical results would be to understand the verse as speaking of either the Empire of Rome, The Revised Empire of Rome (EU, or any naton after its creeds), or either the Catholic Church.

Are you saying that the Jehovah Wittness have restored true worship?

wizanda

Premium Member
So the daughters of the mother are them that are taught by it and follow the same:
Mar 7:9-13
(9) And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
(10)
For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
(11) But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is an offering (Corban), that is to say, a sacrifce (gift), by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
(12) And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
(13) Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
:help:

FatMan

Exactly what does this post have to do with blood or blood lust??

may

No one has a clear idea of exactaly what "babylon the great" is besides the fact that it refers to Rome. One of the only logical results would be to understand the verse as speaking of either the Empire of Rome, The Revised Empire of Rome (EU, or any naton after its creeds), or either the Catholic Church.

i would say that there are a people that has a very clear
understanding about what (babylon the great) is ,and that is not the only thing that is very clear, in fact as Daniel 12;4 says , the true knowledge will be abundant in the last days , and yes we are right now living in the last days and have been living in the last days since 1914 when Jesus took up his kingship in the heavenly kingdom goverment Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14 yes its all happening in this time of the end, and yes TRUE WORSHIP REALLY HAS BEEN RESTORED . false worship nolonger has any power over Gods people , they are out of there. the understanding about the book of revelation has been opened up and is being revealed, yes it is enlightenment indeed.
(Psalm 97:11) Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, And rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart.

sojourner

i would say that there are a people that has a very clear
understanding about what (babylon the great) is ,and that is not the only thing that is very clear, in fact as Daniel 12;4 says , the true knowledge will be abundant in the last days , and yes we are right now living in the last days and have been living in the last days since 1914 when Jesus took up his kingship in the heavenly kingdom goverment Daniel 2;44 Daniel 7;13-14 yes its all happening in this time of the end, and yes TRUE WORSHIP REALLY HAS BEEN RESTORED . false worship nolonger has any power over Gods people , they are out of there. the understanding about the book of revelation has been opened up and is being revealed, yes it is enlightenment indeed.
(Psalm 97:11) Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, And rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart.

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal.3:23-29

How can there be "a people who..." (as opposed to everyone else engaging in "false worship,") when this clearly states that all who have been baptized into Christ Jesus are one? Shouldn't you, as you are fond of saying, "stick to the Bible?"

"We, who are many, are one Body, because we all share one Bread, one Cup (of wine, which we recognize as containing the real presence of Christ)."

may

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal.3:23-29

How can there be "a people who..." (as opposed to everyone else engaging in "false worship,") when this clearly states that all who have been baptized into Christ Jesus are one? Shouldn't you, as you are fond of saying, "stick to the Bible?"

"We, who are many, are one Body, because we all share one Bread, one Cup (of wine, which we recognize as containing the real presence of Christ)."
yes the annointed ones are not just Jews but they are from all nations, and they are but a little flock
"Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom."—LUKE 12:32. but that does not leave the rest of us without hope because Jesus said that he would have other sheep that would not be the little flock but they would still listen to Jesus voice .
"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd."—JOHN 10:16. these other sheep are with the little flock , but they are not going to heaven to be with Jesus ,their hope is to inherit the earth.
Having in mind the limited number of Christians called to make up spiritual Israel, Jesus referred to them as the "little flock." They are admitted into the "fold" of the new covenant, in contrast with the numberless "other sheep," whom Jesus said he must also gather. (Luke 12:32; John 10:16) Those of the other sheep gathered in the time of the end will make up the "great crowd" destined to survive "the great tribulation," with the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth. Interestingly, the vision John received at the end of the first century C.E. distinguishes between this great crowd and the 144,000 members of spiritual Israel. (Revelation 7:4, 9, 14) all of the early christians back then were part of the little flock , so all of those would have been going to heaven as the little flock, but now in this time of the end the great crowd of other sheep are being gathered .
"Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth. matthew 5;5
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.psalm 37;11 because the great crowd of other sheep are listening to Jesus voice, they are feeding from the channel that Jesus is feeding Matthew 24;45-47 there is only one channel and it is the one that Jesus is directing and feeding especially in this time of the end Daniel 12;4 many many religions especially those who claim to represent Jesus , flatly refuse to even recognise the channel that he is feeding and showering great blessings on .

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

I just have a quick question. How does "Babylon the Great" refer to Rome when Babylon was its own City back then in Biblical time and before.

may

I just have a quick question. How does "Babylon the Great" refer to Rome when Babylon was its own City back then in Biblical time and before.
the book of revelation which speaks of (babylon the great) is for our day and the understanding and revealing is being made known Daniel 12;4
To get the full significance of the fall of Babylon the Great, we have to understand what occurred when ancient Babylon fell in 539 B.C.E. At that time God’s people, Israel, had been in captivity for nearly 70 years. Now they were expecting a release in accordance with the words of their prophets. (Jeremiah 25:11, 12; 29:10) How thrilled they must have been when Cyrus the Persian caused Babylon’s downfall and released the Jews to trek back to their holy city, Jerusalem!—Isaiah 45:1-4.

may

Already, millions from all the nations of the earth are streaming to the symbolic "mountain of Jehovah." ............ they have gotten out of babylon the great
Isaiah 2:2-4; 43:10-12.

wizanda

Premium Member
Isa 66:3
(3)
He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.