• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose 'Big Lie'? Trump's proclamation a new GOP litmus test

Ponder This

I think there can be a middle ground. The problem is that both parties have been overly obsessed with the border, without paying much attention to what's on the other side of the border. I think Biden and Harris are taking a different approach by reaching out directly to the governments in question - namely that of Mexico and the Northern Triangle countries (El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras). We should have been doing that 20-30 years ago. If we had, we wouldn't even have this problem today.

I agree that there can be a middle ground (reached when opposing parties come together), but I disagree that a viable Third Party can form around a middle ground.

A Third Party isn't a middle ground. A Third Party is a third perspective on issues and policies. The Trump movement was a Third Party movement that rejected ideas from both the right and the left and caused major changes in the Republican party. It's clear that a few Republicans don't like the change in their party and would like to go back to the way the Republican party was. I doubt that is feasible.

As for the border, Trump reached out directly to other governments. He made agreements with them, including processes for remote application of asylum. Biden threw **everything out** because it was Trump border policy without regard to whether anything under Trump was good or bad!
The Biden-Harris approach is also not new. Their approach was tried before and failed - that's why Biden-Harris say, repeatedly, that Trump set them back. Trump got rid of the ineffective border policies of the past and worked on new border policies that were effective.

Will Biden-Harris be effective in their attempts? We'll see. So far, it's a disaster. Is there a third paradigm for the border that a Third Party can embody?

Ponder This

There is freedom of movement, but that's not popular in America.

Yes! In fact, there is actually a globalist movement which implicitly accepts this. The globalist movement views everyone as citizens of the world.

Freedom of Movement normally pertains to the ability to move freely within a country that you are a citizen of and to leave or enter a country that you are a citizen of.

Because the globalist movement views people as citizens of the world it supports the notion of movement into countries that people are not citizens of.

Democrat policy is sometimes labeled as globalist already and the border crisis could be considered another example of the globalist trend within the Democrat party.