• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoops, the U.S. Sent So Many Missiles to Ukraine That It Depleted Its Own Stockpiles

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Except the ones in Saudi Arabia...and Qatar and UAE, along with Pakistan, Turkey (although we're not too hep about their current leader), Egypt, and of course, Kosovo, which was @Estro Felino's question. I think our government likes most Muslim-majority countries, but there are a few who seem to be on their poop list.
Religion doesn't totally determine foreign relations.
But it's a big factor, not to be dismissed.

ajay0

Not to worry on the depleted missile stockpile, the groaning American taxpayer can be billed further for creating new ones .

Of course it could have helped a lot if the medical infrastructure in the country is upgraded similarly a long time back to standard levels capable of taking on epidemics and minimising their impact and toll. But that obviously takes second priority to wars in other parts of the world.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, the article mentioned that Lockheed is still tooled for Javelin missiles, but the Stinger sounds like it might be more difficult. Many of its components are no longer in production.

After reading this and similar articles about the production of military hardware these days, it astounds me just how interdependent so many countries are upon each other to be able to make modern weapons. Not just resources or raw materials, but technology as well.

I keep thinking back to the Cold War when they said "technology is everything," as we had been working to maintain a technological edge on our adversaries, as we (and they) still try to do today. But now, with so many different countries involved and interdependent upon each other, it's like they have to cooperate with each other to be able to make war. There does seem to be some irony to that.
The best example of this I've come across in the present context is that it appears the factory where the motors for many of Russia missiles are made is in Kharkiv!!