• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoo Boy! Is Barr in trouble now:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Clearly Barr is in survival mode.
Perhaps. Or maybe because he is finally free from Trump he can be a bit more honest. I remember how his predecessor got fired for showing ethical behavior when it came to the investigations into Trump. Jeff Sessions rightly recused himself form that work due to his close ties to Trump. That bit of honesty eventually cost him his job. Honesty is an employment risk in the Trump administration.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Rats fleeing a sinking ship?

This whole debacle has made me realise just how disinterested I am in my own country’s politics.
I mean I’ll vote (to avoid the fine and the free sausage sizzle offered at polling booths.)
If my preferred choice gets the majority seats, hooray for my “team.” If they don’t, I move on with my ****ing life.
Seeing the MAGA cope, as it’s been dubbed online, is equal parts pathetic and terrifying. Like I obviously knew Trump was a cult of personality, but the freak out on various social media platforms (and even on the world news for some participants) really put it into perspective for me. Like I have my doubts these people could even name policies. It was just about “owning the libs.” Major cringe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, but to be fair it was almost certainly resign or be fired. It is quite normal to give people the opportunity to resign. Firing government employees can get very messy. If you know that your time is over it is almost always best to resign. Of course almost everyone will know that that was a forced resignation.

The good news is that he is still Attorney General right now. That gives this statement a bit of gravitas that it would not happen if it was after his official resignation date.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rats fleeing a sinking ship?

This whole debacle has made me realise just how disinterested I am in my own country’s politics.
I mean I’ll vote (to avoid the fine and the free sausage sizzle offered at polling booths.)
If my preferred choice gets the majority seats, hooray for my “team.” If they don’t, I move on with my ****ing life.
that is a very healthy attitude.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Or maybe because he is finally free from Trump he can be a bit more honest.

It could be.

I've noticed that those who have quit the Trump Party or are no longer in office sing a different tune than those who Trump can still fire/primary.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can't prove a thing, but under normal circumstances, I would expect it to eventually come out in a decade or so that Barr has cut a deal with someone in the incoming Biden administration to buck Trump on certain key things in exchange for not being prosecuted on the Federal level.

As for Hunter Biden -- now there's a young man in actual need of investigation! Not that I mean to imply he's guilty of anything. Just that it seems there's reason enough to investigate him -- especially in relation to China.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Trump's conspiracies unravel, and Barr resigns.

Barr Says No Need For Special Counsel For Hunter Biden Probe, Election Fraud Claims

Barr Says No Need For Special Counsel For Hunter Biden Probe, Election Fraud Claims

December 21, 202012:03 PM ET
RYAN LUCAS

Attorney General William Barr said Monday he sees no reason to appoint a special counsel to lead the ongoing federal investigation into Hunter Biden or to probe further President Trump's claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

The comments from Barr, delivered at what was likely his final news conference as attorney general, put a damper on two ideas that the president has reportedly raised in recent days. But Barr's ability to influence events all but disappears Wednesday when he will step down as attorney general.

President-elect Joe Biden's son Hunter announced this month that he's under federal investigation over potential tax issues. Trump has fumed since news of the probe came to light, arguing that Barr should have made the investigation public before the election — in contravention of Justice Department policy.

Some Republicans are pushing for the Justice Department to name a special counsel to handle the probe, which would add an extra layer of protection from potential political influence in a sensitive case involving the president-elect's son.Asked whether he agreed with the idea, Barr said no.

ecco

Veteran Member
Can't prove a thing, but under normal circumstances, I would expect it to eventually come out in a decade or so that Barr has cut a deal with someone in the incoming Biden administration to buck Trump on certain key things in exchange for not being prosecuted on the Federal level.
Funny.

As for Hunter Biden -- now there's a young man in actual need of investigation! Not that I mean to imply he's guilty of anything. Just that it seems there's reason enough to investigate him -- especially in relation to China.
Barr doesn't think so.

Maybe Trump's new AG will appoint Sidney Powell to do the investigation. She can then tie Hunter into Deep Space or whatever.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Funny.

Barr doesn't think so.

Maybe Trump's new AG will appoint Sidney Powell to do the investigation. She can then tie Hunter into Deep Space or whatever.
I would love to see an investigation headed by Sidney Powell. I am sure that would generate some first class results:rolleyes: