• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wholeness

InChrist

Free4ever
That seems right to me. And given the vast variety of people and their beliefs, we are called to try to live according to our best understanding. This understanding will vary depending on what we accept, but to me that's not really important. What is important is that we are earnest about our efforts. I am, of course, still working on this.
Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate it. I do agree sincerity is important and living according to what we understand I think especially with regard to seeking what is true. It is a constant journey and everyone is at a different place.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I don't believe sexuality is meant to determine one's identity. God doesn't call someone to heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or whatever. God calls people to (w)holiness.

What are your thoughts?
While someone shouldn't be victimized for LGBTQism, and while the struggle is very real, I don't think it's genetic.

If it were genetic the LGTQ (notice I didn't say bisexual) would have fewer children and the gene would die out.

Jeremiah Ames

I don't believe in God the Creator as I see no credible evidence for his existence. So until I do, I have no reason to "line up" my thoughts and desires with what people tell me a god's opinions are. Nor could I even if I wanted to. I dont control my thoughts and desires, they just happen.

Very well said.
I see things the same way.
It took me quite a few years to realize that lining up my thoughts and desires with what people told me were god’s opinions had led me terribly astray.

Jeremiah Ames

That seems right to me. And given the vast variety of people and their beliefs, we are called to try to live according to our best understanding. This understanding will vary depending on what we accept, but to me that's not really important. What is important is that we are earnest about our efforts. I am, of course, still working on this.
We all should be working on this.
Also, in harmony with your comment about what is important, to me is also figuring out how to love all others to the best of our ability.

Jeremiah Ames

Well, I can't understand you're disbelief in a Creator, but do get that you would see no reason to line up your thoughts or desires with a God you do not know or trust. I don't fault you in the least from not lining up with people's opinions.
I agree thoughts and desires do just happen. As one who trust Jesus Christ, I try to remember that reality and take all thoughts captive to Christ so that His wisdom can help me discern which are beneficial and which are detrimental.

Thanks for expressing your thoughts.

Very nice comment InChrist. Discernment is a gift from the Lord. Everyone is given it, but few use it. His wisdom is also available to all, but few hear and see it. Could be why the Lord said so often “if you have eyes, see, if you have ears hear.” (Paraphrased)

The only thing I see a little differently, is that I believe thoughts in our minds all come from somewhere. Our discernment is given us so that we can determine which to follow and which to shun.
The Word is perfect. It cannot be anything less. And I know you are in touch with the Word. As long as you seek, you will find your answers. That has been my experience. But only the one who has the correct heart will find.

I came across this quote today:
The Bible was written as a mirror to us, to show us who we truly are and who we are when no one in watching. It’s the same place that God speaks to us from and shows us what he will do.

He also quoted the following from the Word.
Matthew 13:15 (KJV)
“For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed”

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I am coming from the perspective that God created human beings differently than ducks.
Hello again..... :)
I know that your perspective is different to the natural one.
Obviously, as a Deist who sees God in everything, including my wife's duck 'Splash', my perspective is rather more objective, I think.

Of course, you are entitled to your view, .....
....just as you are to yours.

....... but I think some of the humanistic perspectives concerning sexuality are dangerous.
No...... I think that perspectives by some 'more extreme' Christians about sexuality are dangerous.

Of course it is true that many Christian Churches, Denominations and Creeds are seeing human sexuality differently now, which is such common sense. Gay clergy and Gay marriage is supported now by so many Christians. The Old Testament Laws which increased the Israelites and protected from sickness made a lot of sense back then, even in Jesus's time (although he didn't make a fuss about it all)....... but today we don't need to increase the population and do have better medical services.

It's time for true Christians to focus upon Christ, rather than Paul, possibly?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't believe sexuality is meant to determine one's identity. God doesn't call someone to heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality or whatever. God calls people to (w)holiness.

What are your thoughts?
love is holy. its the only holy thing. it doesn't come from another. it comes from within. we are called to serve ALL with compassion.

that video is not an expression of love. it discusses only homosexuality.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Well, I can't understand you're disbelief in a Creator, but do get that you would see no reason to line up your thoughts or desires with a God you do not know or trust. I don't fault you in the least from not lining up with people's opinions.
I agree thoughts and desires do just happen. As one who trust Jesus Christ, I try to remember that reality and take all thoughts captive to Christ so that His wisdom can help me discern which are beneficial and which are detrimental.

Thanks for expressing your thoughts.
christ isn't just jesus. that is your foremost problem. you serve only one man, you don't serve ALL. you have chosen a man en lieu of God the Father of ALL. god the Father of ALL is not a man. jesus was called to serve ALL most christians only serve jesus.

InChrist

Free4ever
Very nice comment InChrist. Discernment is a gift from the Lord. Everyone is given it, but few use it. His wisdom is also available to all, but few hear and see it. Could be why the Lord said so often “if you have eyes, see, if you have ears hear.” (Paraphrased)

The only thing I see a little differently, is that I believe thoughts in our minds all come from somewhere. Our discernment is given us so that we can determine which to follow and which to shun.
The Word is perfect. It cannot be anything less. And I know you are in touch with the Word. As long as you seek, you will find your answers. That has been my experience. But only the one who has the correct heart will find.

I came across this quote today:
The Bible was written as a mirror to us, to show us who we truly are and who we are when no one in watching. It’s the same place that God speaks to us from and shows us what he will do.

He also quoted the following from the Word.
Matthew 13:15 (KJV)
“For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed”
Thanks for your thoughts and I really appreciate the quote you shared about the Bible as a mirror.

InChrist

Free4ever
christ isn't just jesus. that is your foremost problem. you serve only one man, you don't serve ALL. you have chosen a man en lieu of God the Father of ALL. god the Father of ALL is not a man. jesus was called to serve ALL most christians only serve jesus.
Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree. I have no problem understanding that Jesus is the Christ.

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

1 John 2:23-25

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Thanks for your opinion, but I disagree. I have no problem understanding that Jesus is the Christ.

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

1 John 2:23-25
then you ignore colossians 3:11, john 21:15, matthew 25:45.

our, in our father, is a plural pronoun.

InChrist

Free4ever
love is holy. its the only holy thing. it doesn't come from another. it comes from within. we are called to serve ALL with compassion.

that video is not an expression of love. it discusses only homosexuality.
Yes, we are called to serve ALL with compassion and that includes homosexuals, right? I believe God desires the best for everyone. Wholeness, completeness for every person in God's love, in Jesus Christ, the One who saves from this perishing world of flesh and delivers us into eternity.