• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Pancakes

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This is a tragedy!

Could it be...the pancake God is not ominpotent? :eek:

The Great Pancake is all powerful. Sometimes though, He makes some people allergic to peanutbutter pancakes in order to test or faith.

Nutritional Content labels are an outward and visible sign of internal contents and the unbroken circle of nutiants, signifyinh to all the deliciousnes of the union of these to foods in culinary marriage.

Pancakes and Sausage as the two of you come into this culinary marriage uniting you in taste, and as you this day affirm your complementary flavors, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique foods, that you respect the ingridiants, taste, and texture of one another. Be able to blend, do not peel off in the microwave, and live each day that you may be eaten together - as from this day forward you shall be in the same box your shelf life is strengthed by your love and sodium content.

Excuse me...(*snifflle*)... I seem to have something in my eye.

A culinary marriage ceremony repersents one of cooking's greatest commitmentrs. But it is also a declaration of deliciousness. I wish to read to who what St. Duncan wrote of deliciousness in a letter to the Cooks of Corinth. I believe it is a true model of tastyness and it is a model I hope you persue in your marriage.

Good food is very flarvorful and smooth, never too hot or too cold, never too spicy or too sweet.
Good food is never too hard or too soggy or too complicated
Good food does not have only one recipy. Good Food is not hard to make or too expensive. Good Food does not hold grudges if not fixed propperly and will hardly notice when others fix it wrong.
Good food is never glad about the recipy being lost but rejoices whenever new side dishes are added
If you want to be good food you will be loyal to your other ingridiants no matter how small they measure. You will always believe in them, always expect the best flavor from them and will always stand your ground in defending their recomended daily allowences.

And, would you believe it, some people still doubt that St. Duncan's writtings were inspired by the Great Pancake.

Ladies and Gentleman it is my pleasue to present to you Mr. and Mrs. Sausage wrapped in Pancake on a Stick!

Thank you Brother Gmelrod. That was very moving, and more than a little disturbing
icon14.gif

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Whole wheat peanut butter pancakes sounds pretty good. Do you have a recipie? Do you put syrup on that or jelly?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It seems it is difficult to get decent Peanut butter these days . I wrote to the head office of Morrisons (local supermarket 4th largest in uk) about their latest offering. It is slimey and oily and over salted and had a musty smell.
I tried our version of Sunpat. it is like sweetened furniture wax stuffed with peanuts.

I looked on all the labels the best was a "Green" version with 97% peanut with palm oil and a little sea salt and nothing else added. but it still was too oily in the mouth.

I don't know where to try next.
I remember when it was just peanuts a little added peanut oil and sea salt.
Perhaps the real thing is too expensive.

It seems it is difficult to get decent Peanut butter these days . I wrote to the head office of Morrisons (local supermarket 4th largest in uk) about their latest offering. It is slimey and oily and over salted and had a musty smell.
I tried our version of Sunpat. it is like sweetened furniture wax stuffed with peanuts.

I looked on all the labels the best was a "Green" version with 97% peanut with palm oil and a little sea salt and nothing else added. but it still was too oily in the mouth.

make your own? ^_^ :D

Peanut butter is evil and must be destroyed.

Blueberries are the saintly alternative. :angel2:

Peanut butter and blueberry jelly?

ok actually thats sounds wrong, after all raspberry jelly is better with PB

mmm but i love blueberries though

i think there is a little out of each that we love and they have some thing to teach us all, but there is no true way.

all subjective really :rolleyes:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Whole wheat peanut butter pancakes sounds pretty good. Do you have a recipie? Do you put syrup on that or jelly?

The Holy Syrup is of course part of our sacred Trinity (along with the Batter and the Nut).

Some Pancaketarians do in fact use jelly (mostly our younger members) but I consider myself something of a traditionalist and tend to follow the recipies of St. Duncan to the letter, feeling it best to try an mimic his humility and cullanary simplicity.

I shall consult the Holy Cookbook and post the sacred recipie after I get off work tonight.

Recipes?

I know standard pancake recipe but i mean so they dont fall appart - do you put the PB within the ingrediants or just spread it on?

:p

Both methods are permissible, and St. Duncan has left us recipies for both, along with the mystical secret of "The Cake that remains One in the turning". I'll try to get those up later today.

An all too familiar story my friend. Many of us within the Pancaketarian community suspect the recent unavailability of decent Peanut Butter to be yet another part of the great Waffletarian conspiracy to undermine the writtings of St. Duncan.

Fortunately they haven't yet infected the Sacred Health Food Stores and you can still get decent PB in some of these places (again I would recomend Nature Valley Organic).

make your own? ^_^ :D

This idea, along with a great recipie for homemade PB is exactly what's suggested in the recently discovered Dead Sea Roledex.
icon14.gif

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

Sister, I sense that you are of the many poor souls who have been exposed to those evil ones who have wantonly misinterpreted the writtings of St. Duncan for their own selfish purposes, as foretold in The Gospel of St. Betty of Crocker where it is written, "You have taken my Father's International House of Pancakes and turned it into a Denny's of theives!" --(in reference to the confrontation with the GrandSlammarians)

I implore you to revisit the Sacred Recipies and let The Great Pancake guide you into your own interpretations.

(blueberries are indeed yummy
icon14.gif
)

Booko

Deviled Hen

Palm oil is evil and must be destroyed.

Aside from which, I dunno what's so "green" about palm oil. Parts of the Amazon rain forest are being destroyed to set up palm plantations so we can have plam oil put in peanut butter, when peanuts already have plenty of oil. How retarded is that?

It's not that its too expensive. We have Whole Foods markets here, which are generally expensive, but they have a brand of peanut butter that's the real deal.

Also, my local farmer's market has machines set up where you can grind your own peanut, cashew or almond butter on the spot. It's not good if you prefer creamy, though.

Myself, I prefer tahini anyway. :)

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse

After some calculations of my diet growing up I've come to the conclusion that I'm made of 15% peanut butter and less than 1% blueberries. I might need an exorcist! :eek:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok. tonight we'll be using Hodgson's (which can easily be anogramed into "God's Son" plus his middle initail, "H")Mill Buckwheat Pancake mix which I obtained at the local New Leaf--yuppies who wish they were hippies-- market.

Take the opened box in one hand and a large soup bowl with about an inch of water in it in the other and pour the mix into the bowl (adding water or mix as consistancy calls for) until all the lumps are gone, all the powder is scraped of the side, and it becomes necasary to hold onto the bowl while stirring to keep it from turning (I like my batter rich and my pancakes usually turn out to be anywhere up to a half inch thick).

Stir in exactly one large glob of peanut butter, chopping it with the mixing spoon and stirring until it blends nicely into the batter. Unless the PB is the extra oily kind add one teaspoon of veggie oil or margerine.

(note: most recipies call for milk and eggs but I don't use milk and I've found, surprisingly, that the pancakes hold together better without the eggs)

Put griddle with one swig of veggie oli on the burner and turn burner on full blast.

Remove batteries from smoke detector.

When griddle starts to sizzle, slowly pour in enough batter to make a circle about 6 inches in diameter. Wipe excess batter off stove and into the space between the stove and the sink where your roomate will never find it.

Go back to your computer to see if anyone's posted anything interesting on RF.

Run back into the kitchen and check pancake for bubbles. If the bubbles are very small and just around the very edge of the pancake, go stand on your porch and smoke half a cigarrette.

Run back into kitchen. Bubbles should now be about the size of a smiley--:) , and about a half inch from the edge of the pancake.

Take spatula and peak under edge of pancake(note:wear saftey glasses to avoid hot grease splatter in the eyes). If the underside is light to crunchy-brown push spatula as far under pancake as possible and flip.

Go and smoke about half of the remaining half of your cigarette.

Walk back into kitchen. Pancake should now be done. Pick up pancake with spatula and deposit it on plate. Eat this pancake while you are cooking the other 5.

Center one smaller glob of PB on each subsequent pancake, allow 3 seconds to melt and smear PB over surface of pancake, drawing interesting pictures or writting short stories with the spoon.

Take full plate of pancakes back into the living room, sit back down in front of computer, check RF for new posts and to see if your frubal count has gone up, say a few short words of thanks to The Great Pancake (he doesn't mind if you speak with your mouth full)and enjoy.

(Serves 3 people or one glutten).