• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will face Trump in the election of 2020?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So it wouldn't be racist if Trump said he would win re-election because of a "big, beautiful, white wall" of voters?
Hehe, that will never happen :) Trump is finished in the white house. By the way, Trump still has no beautiful wall build. so he does not keep his promises

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Trump will lose bigtime.
I don't think so.

The Democrats are too busy trying to both please their constituents and placate their corporate masters to come up with a coherent platform.
The Republicans aren't burdened with such nuances, they'll just do whatever the corporate masters tell them to do.
So they'll probably win.
Tom

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The best that could happen to America is when a true Native American got into the white house, so they could win back their country

Attachments

• art201408A37_red-cloud.jpg
    art201408A37_red-cloud.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Hehe, that will never happen :) Trump is finished in the white house. By the way, Trump still has no beautiful wall build. so he does not keep his promises
Heh

Back in October of 2016 everyone knew that Trump wouldn't win. Of course, he didn't. But in the rigged system the USA has he took office anyways.
Rather like Bush II, he lost the election. But got the chance to start a war, and get elected on his second go round.

It's the way Republicans do things. And they're better at pandering to the people who really matter in an election, The Very Rich.
I fully expect Trump to win the 2020 election, if he doesn't shoot his own foot off somehow. It certainly isn't likely to be because the Democratic party fields a substantial candidate.
Tom

reddogs

Unless the Dems pull their **** together and field a credible candidate with significant appeal and policies that address the issues most people care about, Trump will win a second term.

And from my observation point, it's not looking good...
Any dark horses in the mix, or is Bernie Sanders the answer again?

reddogs

It should be interesting, although if the Democratic primaries and conventions become too contentious and divided, then it will hurt their chances against Trump, no matter who is nominated. That's what the Democrats need to guard against. They don't want another '68 convention.

As the election draws nearer, I predict a very divisive, dirty, and grueling affair. It could get ugly. There will be incidents.
This sums it up....

"The legendary humorist Will Rogers once said, “I’m not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.”

He said this in 1935.

That has been the history of Democrats. Democrats do eat their young. By contrast, Republicans tend to live by what Ronald Reagan referred to as the GOP’s 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Criticize No Other Republican. Indeed, both statements speak to the heart of each party...."

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Any dark horses in the mix, or is Bernie Sanders the answer again?
He's already lost the Democratic primaries once. And he isn't any more a Democrat now than he was then.
I sincerely hope that the democrats come up with someone more electable than Trump, but I'm not seeing such at this point.
Tom

reddogs

He's already lost the Democratic primaries once. And he isn't any more a Democrat now than he was then.
I sincerely hope that the democrats come up with someone more electable than Trump, but I'm not seeing such at this point.
Tom
So there is no one that appeals to a broad based voter coalition.