• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was the "Us" at Gen 1:26?

Ebionite

Very True. Yet His Name is...His NAME!
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exodus 6:3, KJV

There are couple of problems with this verse. First is that the name of יהוה was known to Abraham:

And he said unto him, I am יהוה that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
Genesis 15:7

The second problem is that that JEHOVAH isn't an accurate translation of יהוה. The related word יהודה (Judah) is pronounced Yĕhuwdah in Hebrew, so if you remove the 'd' you get a reasonable idea.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Was God talking to 'Themselves'?
No one else was there?
Please notice who was the beginning of the creation by God as per Revelation 3:14 B; 1:5.
Before any other creation pre-human Jesus was God's first creation, His only-begotten heavenly Son.
So, The Creator of pre-human Jesus (Revelation 4:11) was speaking to His beginning creation.
Pre-human heavenly Jesus was the one else who was there.
Thus, all other creation comes through Jesus - Colossians 1:15-16

exchemist

Veteran Member
Manny, Moe & Jack?
Moe, Larry & Curly?
Groucho, Chico & Harpo?
The Ritz Brothers?

Note: Yes, I know I left out two Marx Brothers and the revolving actors who played the third Stooge.
Arf arf.

P.S. Genesis referring to the Trinity would actually be a bit like one of Ben Hur's charioteers wearing a watch. :D

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
Exodus 6:3, KJV

There are couple of problems with this verse. First is that the name of יהוה was known to Abraham:

And he said unto him, I am יהוה that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
Genesis 15:7

The second problem is that that JEHOVAH isn't an accurate translation of יהוה. The related word יהודה (Judah) is pronounced Yĕhuwdah in Hebrew, so if you remove the 'd' you get a reasonable idea.

There were NO Chaldees until the late 10th or early 9th and mid-6th centuries BC,

sooda

Veteran Member
Sorry, but Wikipedia is a cognitive infiltration operation. It's OK for general information but it's hopeless for anything that could threaten the status quo. The "Jewish God" that they talk about is a product of Elohist doctrine, originally Judaism was Yahwist.

1. Why was The name Yahwism changed to the name Judaism after ...
    www.quora.com/Why-was-The-name-Yahwism-changed...
    Apr 16, 2019 · Answer Wiki. The term “yahwist” was made up by speculative archaeologists in the 1970s. No religion in the history of forever has been called “yahwism” and even the name “Yahweh” is a speculative guess at how the name YHWH might have once been pronounced (and it is not actually clear that it ever was pronounced).

exchemist

Veteran Member
LOL... Multiple Personality Disorder is when you have three different personalities that differ from each other.

God has no difference in thoughts and doesn't have three personalities.

I think mankind has a disorder... thinking too much about themselves and thinking they know everything ;) as if they were gods.
I don't believe I have ever come across someone who thinks he knows everything, or any discipline of knowledge that would make such a ridiculous claim - apart, possibly, from some fundamentalist religious sects.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't believe I have ever come across someone who thinks he knows everything, or any discipline of knowledge that would make such a ridiculous claim - apart, possibly, from some fundamentalist religious sects.

It's those people who you can't get a word in edgewise and always changes the subjects when you get close to actually sharing something of value.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No one else was there?
God was talking about evolution, so "us" are all the monkeys, who were ready to evolve into humans;)
(and all have this spark of Divinity in them, so the word "us" seems perfectly in place)

theQuestion

In the beginning there was a "being" who would later be known as the "Father" and a separate "being" who would later be known as the "son". This second "being" was at that time called the "word". The "word" or "son" was there with the "father at the very beginning. This made two "beings who were the "us". The father was not called the father at that time and the son was not called the son at that time because the son had not yet been born with a human body. But the Bible says "the word was made flesh". So we are talking about the same "being who was called the word before becoming flesh as Jesus.

Angels are "sons of God" as Jesus- except Jesus was the firstBORN / created.
God SENT His son.
He was already a son of God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
No one else was there?

the gods, elohim, were spiritual beings before entering the physical body. this would be those that fell. this would also be those that came down from heaven but could return by ascending.

jacob's ladder

Faithofchristian

No one else was there?

To answer your question..
When God said "Let's us make man in our image after our likeness..
God was speaking to no one else..
But the Angels..
There are many places in the Bible.
that people spoke to an angel in reference to the man as a angel.
Notice in the book of Daniel 9:21--"Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation"

Therefore Daniel called Gabriel a man.
The name Gabriel means man of God.
Which Gabriel is a angel.
Therefore when God said--"Let's us.
This being the angles..we are not only in the image of God and likeness...
But the Angels as well..

Notice in the book of Judges 13:1-6..
the angle of the Lord appeared unto the woman..and she went to her husband and told him saying..a man of God came into me..
Therefore here's another example of a
angel being made in reference to a man.
Thereby when God said ( let us)
This being the angles.
There are many Christians that would have a problem with that. because they chose to follow man's teachings and not what God teaches in his own words.
Thank you..hope this will be of some help.