• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was the Queen of Corona?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was reminded of this while browsing an article about an old song by Paul Simon in which he sings about "Rosie, the Queen of Corona." Is it possible that Paul Simon predicted the coronavirus way back in the 1970s? He and Julio were down by the schoolyard, doing something against the law, but he never said what it was.

But who was Rosie? Could it be the Rosie from the Bounty paper towel commercials?

hqdefault.jpg

Now it all makes sense. The Queen of Corona is also the Queen of Paper Towels. And, just as with toilet paper, paper towel sales have gone through the roof and are also in short supply.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Someone has a lot of time on their hands! :)

Okay I confess: They wouldn't let me come to work last week because my temperature was too high. But I couldn't get tested, because my symptoms were not severe enough. But I'm supposed to stay home as a precaution. If I can keep a normal temperature for the next 72 hours, I can get back to work. I'm not really the "work at home" type, as you might have noticed. ;)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Okay I confess: They wouldn't let me come to work last week because my temperature was too high. But I couldn't get tested, because my symptoms were not severe enough. But I'm supposed to stay home as a precaution. If I can keep a normal temperature for the next 72 hours, I can get back to work. I'm not really the "work at home" type, as you might have noticed. ;)
Watch out for losing your sense of smell and taste: it seems to be very common. Mine is only slowly returning, 3 weeks later.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Watch out for losing your sense of smell and taste: it seems to be very common. Mine is only slowly returning, 3 weeks later.

Thanks, for now, it appears I still have my sense of smell and taste. (Of course, many have told me I have no taste, but it's no worse now than it usually is.)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I was reminded of this while browsing an article about an old song by Paul Simon in which he sings about "Rosie, the Queen of Corona." Is it possible that Paul Simon predicted the coronavirus way back in the 1970s? He and Julio were down by the schoolyard, doing something against the law, but he never said what it was.

But who was Rosie? Could it be the Rosie from the Bounty paper towel commercials?

hqdefault.jpg

Now it all makes sense. The Queen of Corona is also the Queen of Paper Towels. And, just as with toilet paper, paper towel sales have gone through the roof and are also in short supply.

Simon said the song, released in 1972, was "pure confection" and had no meaning to real people or events. It's just a catchy tune, and he said he got a laugh out of singing the lyrics. In other words, there is no Queen Rosie. She's a queen only in song. Simon grew up in Queens and said using the name "Julio" sounded "like a typical neighborhood kid."
That name would be especially typical in the Corona neighborhood of Queens, which The New York Times reports have the most immigrants from Latin America in Queens. And the name of the place itself is Spanish for crown. All very fitting.
Corona is New York City with a Spanish accent. You hear it on the street and read it on menus. And yes, you hear it in names that ring out on the schoolyard.

Me, Julio and the Queen of Corona