• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was Sai Baba of Shirdi?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I do not know if Sri Ramana Maharshi was a great teacher whos teachings would withstand critical scrutiny. As far as I know he is dead and so not available to scrutiny by me.

That's fair. So are both Sai Babas. I read Paul Brunton's book 'A search in Secret India' a couple of years back. I thought it was a great read for this kind of stuff.

Nobody's teachings can withstand critical scrutiny if you have enough critics.

Shantanu

That's fair. So are both Sai Babas. I read Paul Brunton's book 'A search in Secret India' a couple of years back. I thought it was a great read for this kind of stuff.

Nobody's teachings can withstand critical scrutiny if you have enough critics.
I do not know either if any avatar of God ever existed: but I do know that God exists and has protected me in my adult life.

Vicky1111

Sathya Sai Baba is the second Avatar of the triple incarnations. First was Shirdi Sai, then Sathya Sai and finally Prem Sai. There is a prophecy by Krishna that says, 5000 years within the age of Kali there will be a 10,000 year period known as the golden age. The purpose of the Sai Avatars are to bring about this age where everyone will become enlightened.

The missions of the triple incarnations

In Spirit and the Mind, by Sam Sandweiss, the author recounts an extended interview given by Sathya Sai Baba to the Senior Editor, Mr. R.K. Karanjia, of Blitz new magazine in September 1976.

Question: Why had this task to be divided into three separate incarnations of the Shirdi, Sathya, and Prema Baba?
Baba: They are not separate. I have already mentioned the complete oneness of the three in the final objective of the mission. ... Their tasks and powers requisite to them differ according to the time, the situation, and the environment. But they belong to, and derive from, the same divine body (dharma swarup).

The previous Avatar, Shirdi Baba, laid the base for secular integration and gave mankind the message of duty as work. The mission of the present Avatar is to make everybody realize that the same God or divinity resides in everyone. People should respect, love, and help each other irrespective of color or creed. Thus, all work can become a way of worship. Finally, Prema Sai, the third Avathar, will promote the evnagel news that not only does God reside in everybody, but everybody is God. That will be the final wisdom that will enable every man and woman to go to God.

The three Avatars carry the triple message of work, worship, and wisdom.

"Thousand of years ago the great sage Bharadwaja, wishing to master all the vedas (scriptures), was advised by Indra (the ruler of the gods) to perform a yagna (Vedic ritual). Eager to have the Shakti (the consort of Lord Shiva) preside over it and receive her blessings, Bharadwaja left for Kailash (a sacred peak in the Himalayas), the abode of Shiva and Shakti, (male and female aspects fo God), to convey the invitation. Finding them coupled in the cosmic dance, Bharadwaja waited for eight days - apparently ignored by them, although he had failed to comprehend the welcoming smile cast at him by Shakti. Unhappy and disappointed, Bharadwaja decided to return home. But as he began to descend, he fell in a stroke, his left side paralyzed as a result of the cold and fatigue. Shiva then approached and cured him completely by sprinkling on him water from the Kamandalu (vessel). Consoled by Shiva, Bharadwaja was granted boons by both Shiva and Shakti, who also were pleased to attend the yagna. Shiva promised the rishi (sage) that they would both take human form and be born thrice in the Bharadwaja lineage or Gotra (religious kin group); Shiva alone at Shirdi as Shirdi Sai Baba; (Shiva and Shakti as Sathya Sai Baba), and then Shakti alone as Prema Sai."

Swami revealed this secret when he cured himself from a serious and dreadful disease (which he purposefully bared which as actually of a devotee's) on 6th July 1963.As a compensatory act to the above incident (where Sage Bharathwaja was paralyzed), Swami, paralyzed Himself on His left side. But Himself being Shiva-Shakthi, Shiva (His right side) cured Shakthi (His left side) by the same sprinkling of water. This incident paved the way to the revelation of this secret by Swami.

Shirdi Sai Baba

His birth took place around the middle of last century in the State of Hyderabad in India. He visited the village Shirdi few times and took residence there in 1872. He lived in a mosque and had many devotees and visitors. He performed many miracles, gave spiritual teachings to Hindu, Muslim, and other devotees, and died at Shirdi in 1918. Before leaving his body he told one of his devotees that he would return as a boy in 8 years.

Sathya Sai Baba

Satya Sai Baba was born 8 years after the death of Shirdi Sai Baba on 23 November 1926, in a remote village of Puttaparthi in the State of Andra Predesh and was named Satyanarayana. Satya means truth and Narayana is a name for the Hindu God Vishnu. As a child He manifested supernormal powers materialising sweets, fruits and medicinal herbs for sick friends. In May 1940 at the age of 13 he declared "I am Sai Baba". Following this announcement devotees and disciples began to gather around him. He started performing amazing miracles to attract His devotees and has been teaching and doing works of charity since. He said he would live to the age of ninety-six and would be born again as Prema Sai Baba. Even though He has shed His mortal coil, He will still be working in spirit till He's to that age.

No man would think in their greed and hunger for power, to accomplish what He has accomplished. He established free education and hospital. He also provided water for millions.

What He taught was taught before but He came to correct what has been twisted by greedy men today to acquire power. Remember, we are in the age of falsehood. Even finding a genuine Guru will prove to be very difficult. To know the true meaning of the words written long, one must use Sathya Sai teachings as guides. This will allow you develop proper spiritual discrimination. Also, who better to have as your Guru than God Himself?

Introduction to Sathya Sai Baba

Sai Baba. The life breath of every soul

We are now five thousand plus years within the age of Kali Yuga. Baba's teachings are spreading far and wide across the Globe. Nothing can prevent Him from accomplishing His mission for He Himself is the One. Nothing can get in the way of His Will.

Prophecy of the Golden Age from Brahma Vaivarta Purana

His educational system will produce leaders, who will help bring about the coming age. In time India will rise once more and lead the world back to an enlightened state. We are at the dawn of a new Satya Yuga.

Last edited:

Sagarworld

Sagarworld
It seems that Sai Baba just came at a particular time in history when Hindu and Muslim relations were at their lowest.

His avatar was for a very specific purpose i.e. to bring the two communities together, and preach to the people that religion is man-made.

His most famous sayings are “Sabka Malik Ek” – “Everyone has one god only” and the two pillars on which his entire philosophical teachings rested upon were two words, “Shraddha” and “Saburi” – Faith and Patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sathya Sai Baba is the second Avatar of the triple incarnations. First was Shirdi Sai, then Sathya Sai and finally Prem Sai. There is a prophecy by Krishna that says, 5000 years within the age of Kali there will be a 10,000 year period known as the golden age. The purpose of the Sai Avatars are to bring about this age where everyone will become enlightened.

The missions of the triple incarnations

In Spirit and the Mind, by Sam Sandweiss, the author recounts an extended interview given by Sathya Sai Baba to the Senior Editor, Mr. R.K. Karanjia, of Blitz new magazine in September 1976.

Question: Why had this task to be divided into three separate incarnations of the Shirdi, Sathya, and Prema Baba?
Baba: They are not separate. I have already mentioned the complete oneness of the three in the final objective of the mission. ... Their tasks and powers requisite to them differ according to the time, the situation, and the environment. But they belong to, and derive from, the same divine body (dharma swarup).

The previous Avatar, Shirdi Baba, laid the base for secular integration and gave mankind the message of duty as work. The mission of the present Avatar is to make everybody realize that the same God or divinity resides in everyone. People should respect, love, and help each other irrespective of color or creed. Thus, all work can become a way of worship. Finally, Prema Sai, the third Avathar, will promote the evnagel news that not only does God reside in everybody, but everybody is God. That will be the final wisdom that will enable every man and woman to go to God.

The three Avatars carry the triple message of work, worship, and wisdom.

"Thousand of years ago the great sage Bharadwaja, wishing to master all the vedas (scriptures), was advised by Indra (the ruler of the gods) to perform a yagna (Vedic ritual). Eager to have the Shakti (the consort of Lord Shiva) preside over it and receive her blessings, Bharadwaja left for Kailash (a sacred peak in the Himalayas), the abode of Shiva and Shakti, (male and female aspects fo God), to convey the invitation. Finding them coupled in the cosmic dance, Bharadwaja waited for eight days - apparently ignored by them, although he had failed to comprehend the welcoming smile cast at him by Shakti. Unhappy and disappointed, Bharadwaja decided to return home. But as he began to descend, he fell in a stroke, his left side paralyzed as a result of the cold and fatigue. Shiva then approached and cured him completely by sprinkling on him water from the Kamandalu (vessel). Consoled by Shiva, Bharadwaja was granted boons by both Shiva and Shakti, who also were pleased to attend the yagna. Shiva promised the rishi (sage) that they would both take human form and be born thrice in the Bharadwaja lineage or Gotra (religious kin group); Shiva alone at Shirdi as Shirdi Sai Baba; (Shiva and Shakti as Sathya Sai Baba), and then Shakti alone as Prema Sai."

Swami revealed this secret when he cured himself from a serious and dreadful disease (which he purposefully bared which as actually of a devotee's) on 6th July 1963.As a compensatory act to the above incident (where Sage Bharathwaja was paralyzed), Swami, paralyzed Himself on His left side. But Himself being Shiva-Shakthi, Shiva (His right side) cured Shakthi (His left side) by the same sprinkling of water. This incident paved the way to the revelation of this secret by Swami.

Shirdi Sai Baba

His birth took place around the middle of last century in the State of Hyderabad in India. He visited the village Shirdi few times and took residence there in 1872. He lived in a mosque and had many devotees and visitors. He performed many miracles, gave spiritual teachings to Hindu, Muslim, and other devotees, and died at Shirdi in 1918. Before leaving his body he told one of his devotees that he would return as a boy in 8 years.

Sathya Sai Baba

Satya Sai Baba was born 8 years after the death of Shirdi Sai Baba on 23 November 1926, in a remote village of Puttaparthi in the State of Andra Predesh and was named Satyanarayana. Satya means truth and Narayana is a name for the Hindu God Vishnu. As a child He manifested supernormal powers materialising sweets, fruits and medicinal herbs for sick friends. In May 1940 at the age of 13 he declared "I am Sai Baba". Following this announcement devotees and disciples began to gather around him. He started performing amazing miracles to attract His devotees and has been teaching and doing works of charity since. He said he would live to the age of ninety-six and would be born again as Prema Sai Baba. Even though He has shed His mortal coil, He will still be working in spirit till He's to that age.

No man would think in their greed and hunger for power, to accomplish what He has accomplished. He established free education and hospital. He also provided water for millions.

What He taught was taught before but He came to correct what has been twisted by greedy men today to acquire power. Remember, we are in the age of falsehood. Even finding a genuine Guru will prove to be very difficult. To know the true meaning of the words written long, one must use Sathya Sai teachings as guides. This will allow you develop proper spiritual discrimination. Also, who better to have as your Guru than God Himself?

Introduction to Sathya Sai Baba

Sai Baba. The life breath of every soul

We are now five thousand plus years within the age of Kali Yuga. Baba's teachings are spreading far and wide across the Globe. Nothing can prevent Him from accomplishing His mission for He Himself is the One. Nothing can get in the way of His Will.

Prophecy of the Golden Age from Brahma Vaivarta Purana

His educational system will produce leaders, who will help bring about the coming age. In time India will rise once more and lead the world back to an enlightened state. We are at the dawn of a new Satya Yuga.

Thank you @Vicky1111 That's a wonderful summary of the Sai Avatar
Nice to read about the announcement of 10.000 good years to come within Kali Yuga
Beautiful youtube you included
Sai Ram