• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was jesus ?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jesus was a heavenly being, the first of Gods creations. He assisted God in the creation of the universe and all things in it including us.

He was sent to earth to set things right and to reunite mankind with their maker.

chinu

chinu
Jesus was a heavenly being, the first of Gods creations. He assisted God in the creation of the universe and all things in it including us.

He was sent to earth to set things right and to reunite mankind with their maker.
Did he got sucess in this mission ?

_/\_
Chinu

Me Myself

Back to my username
Jesus was fully man, and fully God , like all of us.

He preached to the best of his abilities for people to realize this and become better persons and have a better comunion with the divine in all, the "Kingdom of Heaven".

He was misinterpreted by many people in his time and even after his death (to this day)

Eventhough, he did the ebst he could, and I would say he is an inspiration to what a human can become.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Did he got sucess in this mission ?

_/\_
Chinu

he certainly did. He lived his life as a perfect man who withstood the pressure of submitting to sin. He proved that mankind can remain obedient to God. He proved that mankind are a good creation of God. He provided mankind with a way to obtain an everlasting salvation from sin and death. I would say he was very successful.

We believe in a Triune God.
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
One God but eternally existing in three manifestations. It is a mystery that we as humans can never fully understand this side of eternity. We worship One God who has shown himself to us in three manifestations.

In the bible God says there is NOTHING like him, which of course we know. There is nothing else we can point to that is one, yet three at the same time. It’s hard to comprehend. Can a worm understand a human? J No because a human is so far more greater than a worm is……that is like us. We can’t fully understand God this side of eternity because he is sooooo far greater than any of us! God reveals to us as much as he thinks we can understand as his children. For example it would be hard for a 2 year old to understand physics so you would have to explain it to a child in small simple terms that they can understand.

The bible says that God the Son (Jesus) became "the Son" because even though he is fully equal to God the Father in every way he didn't that that was something to be desired. Like for example 2 people being equal in EVERY way but one loved the other sooooo much that he said to the other "I love you so much. You are MY master, I will submit to you. I will call you Father, and I will be your son!" God the Son, God the Father, God the Holy Spirit are all equal it just that Jesus decied to be called "the son" as a sign of his being humble.

So God revealed himself to us in 3 manifestations. God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit. Each are reveled in the bible. Each is fully God. Each all powerful, each all knowing, each ever present.

God the Son (Jesus) stepped out of heaven to redeem the fallen beings (humans) that he created and loves. We he (Jesus) came to Earth, he came as a human to save us. We could relate to him as a human. Thus he is fully God, and fully Human. He (Jesus) died to save us from our sins.

The bible teaches that when humans disobeyed God, sin entered into the world. Everyone is born into a sinful state, which is why this world is so messed up. Murder, stealing, lies….all bad things are sin. And sin came because we disobeyed God.

God is holy. Meaning God is a righteous being. Therefore sin had to be punished. The punishment for disobeying God (by sinning) is hell, but God loves his creation (us) so much that he doesn’t want anyone to die and go to hell.

John 3:16 (NIV)
16 For God so LOVED the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

So to save mankind God the Son (Jesus) came to Earth to be born, and pay once and for all for the punishment of sin, for those who believe in him. God himself (Jesus) decided to take the punishment of mankind by dying on a cross. He paid the punishment of Hell for all who would believe in him. The bible says that all who believe in Jesus shall not perish but will have eternal life (which is heaven).
That is who Jesus is :)

dance-above

How do you know this?

dance-above

he certainly did. He lived his life as a perfect man who withstood the pressure of submitting to sin. He proved that mankind can remain obedient to God. He proved that mankind are a good creation of God. He provided mankind with a way to obtain an everlasting salvation from sin and death. I would say he was very successful.
What is that "way" ?

Bob Dixon

>implying
A prophet, an enlightened person, a teacher, a saint, and (most of all) the Messiah of the Jewish people.

"Son of God" fits somewhere into all of these, really.

Last edited:

Renji

Our Savior: Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
How do you know this?

all has been revealed to us in the Greek scriptures:

Colossians 1:15 He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth,...All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist

John 1:1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

Who is God speaking to in this verse?...
Genesis 1:26 And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness

Answer:
He is speaking to Jesus, the one through whom all things were made to exist...his master worker:
Proverbs 8:22 “Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth. ... 27 When he prepared the heavens I was there;...30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, 31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men"

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
What is that "way" ?

the 'way' that Jesus lived his life is the 'way' to eternal salvation.

Jesus told us to 'follow' him and be like him, he gave us the example that we needed to become.

What did Jesus do with his life? He presented himself to God at his baptism and made a commitment to do Gods will.
He then gave of himself to further the interests of God and to uphold Gods word through a public ministry.
And what was Jesus like? He was a man of love, loyalty, kindness, mercy, justice and truth.

Learn about Jesus and you will learn what you need to do.

dance-above

Proverbs 8:22 “Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth. ... 27 When he prepared the heavens I was there;...30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, 31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men"

Is this your translation? I thought it said "And Jehovah "POSSESSED" me..."IN" the beginning of his way....All the preceding verses was talking about wisdom and understanding.... The "Word" (truth and Understanding)was with God and the "Word" was God.....And The "Word" became flesh....and dwelt among us....
Full of Grace and "truth".

Last edited:

dance-above

the 'way' that Jesus lived his life is the 'way' to eternal salvation.

Jesus told us to 'follow' him and be like him, he gave us the example that we needed to become.

What did Jesus do with his life? He presented himself to God at his baptism and made a commitment to do Gods will.
He then gave of himself to further the interests of God and to uphold Gods word through a public ministry.
And what was Jesus like? He was a man of love, loyalty, kindness, mercy, justice and truth.

Learn about Jesus and you will learn what you need to do.

How can you do Gods will, except that you first are born again?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Is this your translation? I thought it said "And Jehovah "POSSESSED" me..."IN" the beginning of his way....All the preceding verses was talking about wisdom and understanding.... The "Word" (truth and Understanding)was with God and the "Word" was God.....And The "Word" became flesh....and dwelt among us....
Full of Grace and "truth".

the translators who use the expression 'possessed me' come from the very late latin language.
In Hebrew the word is qa‧na′ni in Greek it is e′kti‧sen′ and the earlier Syriac Pe****ta manuscript puts this expression as, “created me”

If you compare it to how the hebrew word is used at Genesis 14:19 it says;
Then he blessed him and said: “Blessed be A′bram of the Most High God,
qa‧na′ni of heaven and earth

You can see in the above verse that possessor or creator could both be used because God both 'created' and 'possessed' the heaven and earth for the reason that he was their maker.

But neither would indicate that God himself is the heaven and earth.