• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was Jesus Christ?

Who was Jesus?

• Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, as Moses had foretold, but he was a false Messiah

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, and truly He was same Messiah Moses had foretold

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah, this is an invented history

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Jesus did not exist even, it is an invention, a myth

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Jesus was a true Prophet of God, but not the Messiah Moses had fortold

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Jesus was a Liar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesus was a madman who imagined he is Messiah, prophet or son of god

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Jesus was a good man, who claimed to be Messiah, but knew he is Not Messiah

• I don't really know, because I haven't investigated completely

• I don't know, because I cannot figure it out

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So do you think God accepted all types of sin offerings? I had a relative who went to the ocean (she was Jewish) and watched as the rabbi threw a chilcken in it to suffice as a sin offering since I don't think bulls are offered now, are they? Have you ever heard of that type of offering, I mean throwing a dead chicken in the ocean?
I have no idea what to make of your "throw a chicken in the sea as a sin offering" story. I've never heard of such a thing, and I suspect that the story has grown in the telling.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes. Romans routinely crucified troublemakers for very little.

I do not know that there was ever a Sanhedrin trial. Even the gospel accounts depict an invalid Sanhedrin trial (meeting at night, Jesus not being allowed to call witnesses, etc), not the real thing. So I don't know that this trial even occurred, but if it did, it was invalid.
Also, the Sanhedrin could not have met during Pesach, and when emergency decisions had to be made, one on the council was chosen to make it.