• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Was Behind 9/11?

Who was behind 9/11

• Total voters

c0da

Theres all sorts of conspiracy theory rubbish flying around surrounding the events of the 11th September, so I figured I'd put the question to all of you..

Who actually did it?

I personally believe the US government's account.

The conspiracy theories I have heard are that it was the US government or that it was the Jews ( a theory 'supported' by the lie that 4,000 Jews never turned up for work on 9/11).

If you have heard any others, whether you believe them or not, feel free to post those too.

*edit. I've just realised I forgot to put Sunstone's Navajo theory in the poll. Apologies!

Yerda

Veteran Member
The explanation that some men hijacked planes and whacked them into the towers seem like the most realistic to me. I have not yet saw any compelling evidence for official complicity though I haven't looked hard.

croak

Trickster
What's Sunstone's Navajo theory?

I say Other. The government is hiding something, obviously. Otherwise, everything would be nice and clear. I'm not saying the US government did it, but I'm not saying they didn't, either.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Paw said:
I say Other. The government is hiding something, obviously. Otherwise, everything would be nice and clear. I'm not saying the US government did it, but I'm not saying they didn't, either.

The gov't is hiding their own incompetence, I expect.

Who else gets a warning about terrorist activities and then spends a month on vacation? Good Heavens! I've never even heard of a president spending a MONTH on vacation, even when everything was totally peaceful!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Oh, btw, I voted "Other" because it was really the Latvians in Grayliing, Michigan working *with* the Navajo.

(Sorry, I really should've chosen option #1, but I was a little too goofy for that.)

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Okay, Okay. I've got to admit something. I've been keeping a secret from all you lovely people these past few years. You see, I know who did it. Three weeks before September 11th they tied me down and revealed their plot in a moment of rage.

It was the Care Bears.

carebears.gif

Trey of Diamonds

Bin Laden. It isn't a US version, it is the simple truth. Presenting the selection in this fashion sounds slanted. I chose to select other because of it.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Trey of Diamonds said:
Bin Laden. It isn't a US version, it is the simple truth. Presenting the selection in this fashion sounds slanted. I chose to select other because of it.
Agreed, which is why I didn't vote. I don't know if bin Laden is the "simple" truth. There's probably stuff we don't know about. But regardless, to have the choices be
1) U.S. version/terrorists
2) U.S.
3) Jews
is not a neutral way of asking the question. Choice number 1) should have been either "bin Laden" or "al Qaeda."

kai

ragamuffin
i belive it was terrorists, the phenomenon of conspiracy theory blurs the vision of ordinary people to the real threat. its remarkable how these theories gain ground i think they are more widespread in the US than here in the UK

greatcalgarian

9/11 conspiracy theories generally start with dissatisfaction with the official explanation of 9/11.[14] But criticism of the official account does not in and of itself constitute a conspiracy theory. 9/11 conspiracy theories constitute a strong version of the 9/11 Truth Movement.
The weak version, which does not directly imply a conspiracy, merely suspects that government agencies, including the military and intelligence communities, dealt incompetently with the 9/11 attacks. It may go as far as suggesting that the 9/11 Commission covered up these alleged incompetencies and even that part of the incompetence involved inappropriate reactions to advanced warnings.[15] While 9/11 conspiracy theories often include such claims, they go further to suggest intentional activities that either facilitated or directly caused the attacks. There are two main categories of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
  1. Key individuals within the government and defense establishment "let it happen on purpose" (LIHOP). That is, they knew the attacks were coming (though there is a range of opinion about how specific their knowledge was) and undertook to weaken America's defenses sufficiently to ensure a successful major terrorist attack on home soil.
  2. Key individuals within the government and defense establishment "made it happen on purpose" (MIHOP). That is, they planned the attacks (and here there is a range of opinion about what the plan was) and ultimately carried it into action.
Some theories go on to identify the people who had the power to either make it or let it happen purposefully. This list of suspects also varies considerably across theories.[16]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

I am LIHOP

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
There is no doubt in my mind that the conclusions drawn by the bipartisan 9/11 Commission were the true account of what happened that day and who carried out the attack.

Zephyr

Moved on
The reptilians weren't on the list so I went with the Jews. The conspiracies in this thread aren't thick enough yet.

Edit: Seriousness=No

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
greatcalgarian said:
I have considered the possibility of LIHOP. 9/11 let Bush and his neocon advisors pursue an agenda that would never have been possible if 9/11 had not happened. However, what we're talking about here is treason - that our president and others intentionally allowed thousands of Americans (and others) to be murdered. As morally bankrupt as I think Bush is (ex. - Haliburton making billions off of Iraq), I can't go so far as to make that accusation without proof.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Zephyr said:
The reptilians weren't on the list so I went with the Jews. The conspiracies in this thread aren't thick enough yet.
Zephyr, I love your twisted sense of humour. But I do worry that some people are gonna think you're serious.