• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who should partake of the body and blood of Jesus?

kjw47

At 1 corinthians 11:27-- It clearly states that some are unworthy to partake of these symbols. What does your teacher tell you--That all should partake-right? They are wrong according to that scripture. There is only one possible explanation to see who should and who shouldnt.
I believe since Gods word seperates the true flock into two seperate groups yet one flock, There is the little flock-and the great crowd. Yet one flock, united in love and peace worldwide.
The little flock = the bride of Christ = 144,000 bought from the earth to serve as kings and priests alongside of Jesus on thrones. These are the only ones to partake of the two symbols, these like a bride are the only ones who partake of the grooms body and blood. The great crowd observe the partaking in obesiance to their king Jesus.

Rocky S

Christian Goth
At 1 corinthians 11:27-- It clearly states that some are unworthy to partake of these symbols. What does your teacher tell you--That all should partake-right? They are wrong according to that scripture. There is only one possible explanation to see who should and who shouldnt.
Hi kjw47
The issue here is context you have to read from verse 17-34 the apostle Paul explains it. First of all the unworthily is an adverb, meaning the motives and reasons for taking communion. The Corinthians at this feast ,called back then the love feasts which proceeded the lords supper. The issues were, for partaking in an unworthily manner is the following: causing division v18, heresies v19,selfishness and getting drunk v21,misuse of the church v22, shamming the poor v22. Basically not treating communion as a memorial and a remembrance of the Crucifixion of Christ, were he gave his body and shed his blood for us, for the forgiveness of sins v23-32. They were treating it common. The only criteria for being qualified is for one to be born again, and not to take it like the Corinthians were doing it at that time. Their motives were wrong according to Paul. The Apostle Paul is quite clear on this in these versus.
I believe since Gods word seperates the true flock into two seperate groups yet one flock, There is the little flock-and the great crowd. Yet one flock, united in love and peace worldwide.
The little flock = the bride of Christ = 144,000 bought from the earth to serve as kings and priests alongside of Jesus on thrones. These are the only ones to partake of the two symbols, these like a bride are the only ones who partake of the grooms body and blood. The great crowd observe the partaking in obesiance to their king Jesus.
I am sorry that is unbiblical, the 144,000 are Jews that are going to be sealed during the tribulation when the anti-Christ comes into power. This has nothing to do with communion, or really has no correlation to it. Revolution chapter 7 verse 4-8 explains this. I hope this helps.

People will believe what they want. They'll twist bible passages into knots to make it agree with whatever their beliefs already are. Personally, I think that if the bible was actually god inspired, it wouldn't be so open to interpretation.

kjw47

Hi kjw47
The issue here is context you have to read from verse 17-34 the apostle Paul explains it. First of all the unworthily is an adverb, meaning the motives and reasons for taking communion. The Corinthians at this feast ,called back then the love feasts which proceeded the lords supper. The issues were, for partaking in an unworthily manner is the following: causing division v18, heresies v19,selfishness and getting drunk v21,misuse of the church v22, shamming the poor v22. Basically not treating communion as a memorial and a remembrance of the Crucifixion of Christ, were he gave his body and shed his blood for us, for the forgiveness of sins v23-32. They were treating it common. The only criteria for being qualified is for one to be born again, and not to take it like the Corinthians were doing it at that time. Their motives were wrong according to Paul. The Apostle Paul is quite clear on this in these versus.
I am sorry that is unbiblical, the 144,000 are Jews that are going to be sealed during the tribulation when the anti-Christ comes into power. This has nothing to do with communion, or really has no correlation to it. Revolution chapter 7 verse 4-8 explains this. I hope this helps.

The Jewish religion was cut off from God at the renting of the banner upon Jesus death--the reference to israel after that is talking about spiritual israel( meaning Gods chosen ones) So literal israel is not being spoken of in the 144,000 reference. They will never accept Jesus as the messiah,never.
The antichrist will not be a man, that is a false teaching--it said the number of a man--number is the key word not man.

allright

The Jewish religion was cut off from God at the renting of the banner upon Jesus death--the reference to israel after that is talking about spiritual israel( meaning Gods chosen ones) So literal israel is not being spoken of in the 144,000 reference. They will never accept Jesus as the messiah,never.
The antichrist will not be a man, that is a false teaching--it said the number of a man--number is the key word not man.

Excuse me, thousands of Jews alive today have already accepted Jesus as the Messiah

"he will take his seat in the temple of God proclaiming himself to be god"
Are you saying a number is going to walk in and take a seat?

Shuddhasattva

I only condone cannibalism for legitimately starving people. Like, boat in the middle of the ocean starving. I imagine pacifists would get wiped out rather early on in the hostilities...

I've never understood the whole transubstitution thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I really don't think believing oneself to be part of the little or true flock is worthy of any consideration.

I don't need to be special. I don't need to be among God's chosen. I just need to be me. I'm sorry if that is not good enough to get me into to heaven but no sense in pretending that I am something which I am not.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
People will believe what they want. They'll twist bible passages into knots to make it agree with whatever their beliefs already are. Personally, I think that if the bible was actually god inspired, it wouldn't be so open to interpretation.

I agree actually. As much as any or I would like to believe in the Bible it's not a reliable resource from which to draw any conclusion from.

However that is a good thing in a way. You don't have to worry about living up to anyone else's religious expectations.

waitasec

Veteran Member
At 1 corinthians 11:27-- It clearly states that some are unworthy to partake of these symbols. What does your teacher tell you--That all should partake-right? They are wrong according to that scripture.
There is only one possible explanation to see who should and who shouldnt.

perhaps everyone who claims to be christian should first pass the test in mark 16....any takers?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
perhaps everyone who claims to be christian should first pass the test in mark 16....any takers?

Do we get to choose between picking up the snakes or drinking the deadly poison?

You know there are those Christian snake handlers. I wonder about their survivability rate.

JOB OPENING: SNAKE HANDLING PASTOR « The Burning Platform

So those that die from handling snakes. Does that mean they were wrong about themselves being a Christian?

kjw47

I really don't think believing oneself to be part of the little or true flock is worthy of any consideration.

I don't need to be special. I don't need to be among God's chosen. I just need to be me. I'm sorry if that is not good enough to get me into to heaven but no sense in pretending that I am something which I am not.

The little flock have the promise of heaven--The great crowd has this promise from Jesus--Blessed( happy) are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

kjw47

Excuse me, thousands of Jews alive today have already accepted Jesus as the Messiah

"he will take his seat in the temple of God proclaiming himself to be god"
Are you saying a number is going to walk in and take a seat?

Yes i know some Jewish people excepted Jesus as the Messiah, but the Jewish religion didnt.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The little flock have the promise of heaven--The great crowd has this promise from Jesus--Blessed( happy) are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

Yes, perhaps the meek, the humble. Those willing to accept religious authority without question.

Unlike the 144,000 purchased out of the earth with the blood of the lamb. The heavenly class who will rule over the earth with Christ in heaven.

There's about 8 million Jehovah Witness in the world. I imagine some of them are going to be mightily disappointed. In fact a majority of them it seems.

Last edited:

kjw47

Yes, perhaps the meek, the humble. Those willing to accept religious authority without question.

Unlike the 144,000 purchased out of the earth with the blood of the lamb. The heavenly class who will rule over the earth with Christ in heaven.

There's about 8 million Jehovah Witness in the world. I imagine some of them are going to be mightily disappointed. In fact a majority of them it seems.

The JW,s know exactly what Gods word teaches, they live by it daily to the best of their ability. We know what king David knew--The righteous will possess the earth and reside forever upon it. The JW,s look forward to living in Gods kingdom on the earth in Paradise.

Rocky S

Christian Goth
God still has plans for Israel concerning Israel here is some definitive Scriptures. The bible says in Romans 11:25-29For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance Replacement theology is not in the bible we as gentiles were grafted in not that we replace Gods plan for Israel. As far as the 144,000 were does it say that what you are claiming? It does how ever say this: In Revelations 7:4-8
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel
Of the tribe of Juda [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand
Of the tribe of Aser [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses [were] sealed twelve thousand.
Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand
Of the tribe of Zabulon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand. I am sorry allegorical interpretations concerning Israel and his plan for Israel is not biblical.