• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Should Lead?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Some yes, but not all and not by necessity. Laws are for the population and often to restrict, control, oversee and regulate businesses.
hmmmm......no

every little thing is sought after

there hardly an item of monetary exchange that doesn't have a law behind it

ask your hair dresser

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Worst possible choice -- after Priest, Rabbi, Mullah, etc. I'd rather have a decent electrician with a wife, 3 kids, a dog and a parakeet.
too bad Joe Average can't afford to run for office

our founding fathers faced a dilemma when scribing the law of this country

they didn't want father to son hierarchy........ooooops
they didn't want martial tryanny.......oh oh
they didn't want the clergy in charge.....lest the king take over where the Pope leaves off

so.....money
there's lot's of it for the rich guy
there's a paycheck for you
and the time clock is over there

and the law is suppose to regulate the weigh scale

yep

epronovost

hmmmm......no

every little thing is sought after

there hardly an item of monetary exchange that doesn't have a law behind it

ask your hair dresser

Indeed, but there are laws that cover a reat many things that aren't monetary exchanges and those rules that cover monetary exchange aren't designed, by necessecity, for businesses in the sense that it's to their advantage. Sometime, laws surrounding monetary exchanges are designed to the advantage of consummers or employes.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Indeed, but there are laws that cover a reat many things that aren't monetary exchanges and those rules that cover monetary exchange aren't designed, by necessecity, for businesses in the sense that it's to their advantage. Sometime, laws surrounding monetary exchanges are designed to the advantage of consummers or employes.
you argue a fair weigh scale?

as the rich get richer.....and the poor do not

there are some documentaries .....you might search for them
how the economy works

epronovost

you argue a fair weigh scale?

No, I do not. I argue that a government has much more to do than simply regulating commerce and the economy and when it does it isn't fundamentally to advantage the gentry and the mercantile class.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
how about?.....the future of Capitalism
Lester Thurow
1996 prediction.....still holding strong

Heyo

Veteran Member
You know the country really needs some comedic relif now and you seem to be able to deliver.
You've had a clown for four years. Peoples diaphragms are hurting. Just pause with the comic relive for a while, can you?

tytlyf

Not Religious
You know the country really needs some comedic relif now and you seem to be able to deliver.
So explain to me why conservatives always vote for millionaires and billionaires to lead their 'working class' agenda?

I don't see democrats electing millionaires and billionaires. Especially when it comes to the presidency.

I guess you feel millionaires and billionaires will represent working Americans somehow? Or you were manipulated by panic-mongering propaganda to support the billionaire over someone in the working class?

I know what it is, I want to hear it from you.

Suave

Simulated character
as I am certain that America is an economically based society....

It seems to me.....a businessman should be president

not some old politician who doesn't know how to carry a speech

yeah.....I have an opinion

A failed businessman like Trump who has bankrupted numerous businesses and put our nation in enormous debt should definitely not ever again be our President.

esmith

Veteran Member
So explain to me why conservatives always vote for millionaires and billionaires to lead their 'working class' agenda?

I don't see democrats electing millionaires and billionaires. Especially when it comes to the presidency.

I guess you feel millionaires and billionaires will represent working Americans somehow? Or you were manipulated by panic-mongering propaganda to support the billionaire over someone in the working class?

I know what it is, I want to hear it from you.
Hmm, seems like you comdic act is ramping up.
Now explain who voted for Biden.
Joe Biden Net Worth 2021 - How Did Joe Biden Earn His Money?
How about Bloomberg
Michael Bloomberg

And to round it all off.
Who are the Biggest Donors?
Big Tech and CEOs Poured Millions Into The Election. Here’s Who They Supported

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
275 violent protests......some deaths.....billions lost in property damage

the dems blamed Trump

now.....New York and Chicago want to open restaruants and bars
or soon there will be nothing to reopen

tytlyf

Not Religious
Hmm, seems like you comdic act is ramping up.
Now explain who voted for Biden.
Joe Biden Net Worth 2021 - How Did Joe Biden Earn His Money?
The topic was about republicans always voting for millionaires/billionaires. That's who they elect, not the same with Democrats. It's another false equivalency. Bigly.
The great thing about American democracy, is there really aren't many restrictions on who can run for office. Did Bloomberg end up as the nominee? no.

Want to see the donors of Republicans? I know you don't. Because it's another false equivalency.
So Big Tech (mostly democrats in CA), poured millions into the election? Isn't that legal?
How did Big Oil, Big Coal, Big Pharma, MIC, Big Farm, Big Healthcare, Big Insurance, etc spend their money in 2020?
I know you don't want to know and you know the outcome of that. Oh, and I'd gander they also outspent "Big Tech" 10x1 or more.

How many more years will you remain oblivious to your own party and it's agenda? But but, Breitbart told me something else!

esmith

Veteran Member
The topic was about republicans always voting for millionaires/billionaires. That's who they elect, not the same with Democrats. It's another false equivalency. Bigly.!
Did the Democrats or Republicans vote Biden or Bloomberg in?

The great thing about American democracy, is there really aren't many restrictions on who can run for office. Did Bloomberg end up as the nominee? no.

Want to see the donors of Republicans? I know you don't. Because it's another false equivalency.
So Big Tech (mostly democrats in CA), poured millions into the election? Isn't that legal?
How did Big Oil, Big Coal, Big Pharma, MIC, Big Farm, Big Healthcare, Big Insurance, etc spend their money in 2020?
I know you don't want to know and you know the outcome of that. Oh, and I'd gander they also outspent "Big Tech" 10x1 or more.
So you don't believe the articles
Who are the Biggest Donors?
Big Tech and CEOs Poured Millions Into The Election. Here’s Who They Supported

How many more years will you remain oblivious to your own party and it's agenda? But but, Breitbart told me something else!
How many years will you remain oblivious to the fact that big companies donate to both polictical party depending on which party will support their concerns?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I now I will derail my own thread

having seen documentaries that detail manipulation of the voting process
the election got sabotaged

and no....Biden didn't win

he is just the front guy for an agenda in the background
business is pushing it
high tech hides it

Biden likely doesn't realize any of this

he likely thinks he is president because the people like him

but that isn't what matters
what matters is......WHO is really leading this country?

it's not the politician

not anymore

Heyo

Veteran Member

business is pushing it
high tech hides it

it's not the politician

not anymore

This article has the best description I found so far:
Study: Politicians listen to rich people, not you

Excerpts:
"
So, which groups actually impact policy change?
When the authors look only at the preferences of average citizens, it appears that they do have a pretty big effect on policy change. But when they add the preferences of economic elites and interest groups to the analysis, the impact of average citizens vanishes entirely. Basically, average citizens only get what they want if economic elites or interest groups also want it."

gilens.png

Gilens1.png

Gilens2.png

Friend of Mara

as I am certain that America is an economically based society....

It seems to me.....a businessman should be president

not some old politician who doesn't know how to carry a speech

yeah.....I have an opinion
But statesmanship and entrepreneurship are very very different professions. A great statesmen is marked by a genuine character of morality, righteousness and justice. An entrepreneur is only judged by profits. They are not the same goals. Making your country's economy great doesn't matter if the majority of its population lives in squalor. But an entrepreneur doesn't care if his workers are impoverished.

Friend of Mara

business is pushing it
high tech hides it

it's not the politician

not anymore
Biden won because he wasn't Trump and has a pulse. I think he probably would have lost if the republicans had a decent candidate. There was never a chance that Trump would win the popular vote. So it isn't much of a stretch to think that he would loose the electoral vote.