• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Shekinah?

gnostic

The Lost One
Who or what is Shekinah?

I did find references to Shekinah in the Talmud, and Haggada. From Kabbalah, I find that Shekinah is linked to the 10th Sephira.

There seemed to be linked of Shekinah to the Tabernacle, the only place where god's presence can reside.

gnostic

The Lost One
Lilithu said:
The Spirit.
smile.gif
Well, that would tell me a lot. LOL

Yid613

Shekinah – Divine Presence or a manifestation of the Divine Presence in the physical world.

Malkhut, the last sefirah that contains the lower words and becomes Keter for them, is also referred to as Shekinah.

G-ds Presence was openly reveled in the Desert, the Tabernacle and the Temple. The manifestation of His Presence was referred to as the Shekinah.

(Old thread but might start some activity here)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Shekinah glory is often referred to in church services where the presence of the Holy Spirit seems to fill the room. :)
I hope I am allowed to post here with you guys, I wasn't familiar with the term Kabbalah.....I just knew what Shekinah meant....

Mr Cheese

The SHekinah is Sophia, and as has been mentioned she is often equated with Malkuth, the emanation that represents all of the physical manifest.

But as Moses Cordovero says below, the Shekinah has two aspects..

There are two aspects to Chochmah: the supernal aspect is turned towards the divine crown (Keter), which aspect does not face downwards.....The second, lower aspect turns upwards.....Likewise man has two aspects: the first is that of his concentration upon his Creator, to add and acquire wisdom, and the second that by which he teaches others."

—Moses Cordovero (Tomer Devorah)

Mercurio

Shekinah – Divine Presence or a manifestation of the Divine Presence in the physical world.

Malkhut, the last sefirah that contains the lower words and becomes Keter for them, is also referred to as Shekinah.

G-ds Presence was openly reveled in the Desert, the Tabernacle and the Temple. The manifestation of His Presence was referred to as the Shekinah.

(Old thread but might start some activity here)
As I see it, when the earth is sufficiently prepared, Fire from heaven can meet Earth without consuming it.