• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO rules over us now, according to Voltaire ! ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

Now regularly attributed to Voltaire, this saying seems to originate with something written in 1993 by Kevin Alfred Strom, an American neo-Nazi Holocaust denier,

Voltaire and the one-liner
Bummer

Can't trust the internet, have to verify every quote. Thanks for doing that, by the way.

Though I rather remember the quote related to Voltaire and not to a neo-Nazi

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bummer

Can't trust the internet, have to verify every quote. Thanks for doing that, by the way.

Though I rather remember the quote related to Voltaire and not to a neo-Nazi

'Tiz commonly attributed to Voltaire. There is a lot of quotes by famous people that they never said.

QuestioningMind

WHO rules over us now, according to Voltaire ! ?

View attachment 42818

Who's not ALLOWING you or anyone else to criticize WHO? Watch: WHO is a STUPID organization filled with STUPID people that does STUPID things!

I just criticized WHO and it was ALLOWED! So either I'm very special and WHO doesn't rule over ME, but it does rule over YOU and everyone else... OR you're completely wrong.

stvdv

Who's not ALLOWING you or anyone else to criticize WHO? Watch: WHO is a STUPID organization filled with STUPID people that does STUPID things!

I just criticized WHO and it was ALLOWED! So either I'm very special and WHO doesn't rule over ME, but it does rule over YOU and everyone else... OR you're completely wrong.
Hahahahaha, very creative. Thanks for the proof

Although, I was not wrong, just a bit creative

Seems to be one of those days (Creativity)

Last edited:

stvdv

Wow, I am surprised nobody could give an example 'Who rules over us now", using the definition of what I thought was Voltaire

I thought RF'ers were more creative. Only creative to criticize ideas of others, and some not very good at that either

Oops, I gave a huge hint there

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

Hahahahaha, very creative. Thanks for the proof

Although, I was not wrong, just a bit creative

Seems to be one of those days (Creativity)

ROFL... is that what we're calling wrong statements these days... just being a bit creative? By that standard Trump is DEFINITELY the most creative president we've ever had... by far! In fact, practically every word out of his mouth is a 'bit creative'.

stvdv

ROFL... is that what we're calling wrong statements these days
You just misinterpreted the title, that's all
Happens to to the best sometimes

I give you a hint: Read the title how it is written below, then you might see where you went wrong

https :// www .religiousforums.com/threads/who-rules-over-us-now-according-to-voltaire.237073/page-2

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All my posts were featured when Post #20 was posted, except those 3
I don't complain though, because there was a message a month or so ago, that we should be careful with Corona posts

I think they even made a Rule out of it, but I was unable to find that Rule
There never has been a rule or policy about featured threads. Its all automated and determined by algorithm.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a lot of quotes by famous people that they never said.

quote-i-really-didn-t-say-everything-i-said-yogi-berra-58-2-0246.jpg