• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who on here likes the matrix trilogy?

A Vestigial Mote

First one was amazing. Second one had me thinking "Okay, a lot of special effects, not a ton of content or progression here - hopefully they tie it all together in the third." And then the third was just bad business in my opinion. I mean, the ultimate resolution is that the handful of people on the outside make "peace" with the machines while billions are known to remain in bondage? "We're working on it." I guess? Ick.

At the very end of the second movie I saw a glimmer of hope when Neo had powers outside The Matrix and disabled those bots just before the team was going to be slapped. I quickly thought: "Holy crap! They're STILL INSIDE The Matrix!" As in, the machines had made a fake "freedom" realm INSIDE The Matrix to make the human escapees remain content in their battery cells, only thinking that they had escaped!

It seemed like an ingenious twist!

And then the third movie came out... and Neo never had such powers again, and the controller was a total turd, and the humans' meagre robot-mech "army" was played up, but was super-duper doomed to fail no matter how many units they could have possibly created in that underground chamber, etc.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I enjoyed the first movie.
The second movie I watched with my girlfriend at the time while we were still in love, so I understandably have fond memories associated with that movie, even though I wasn't all that excited for it.
The third I watched alone and didn't care about.

I am ambivalent about the reboot, and highly skeptical considering only half of the original creators seem actually involved in it.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I rewatched the first film recently and I'm sad to report that it isn't as good as I thought it was when I was 14.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I know a lot of people didn't like the second and third ones but I love them all also. I can't wait for the new one to come out, it looks good.
Yes, I was skeptical of it when I first heard of it earlier this year. The trailer came so late and I was thinking it was going to be a cheap crapshoot of the trilogy, but then I saw the trailer and I was like "Oh, this actually looks like it'll be good!"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I enjoyed the first movie.
The second movie I watched with my girlfriend at the time while we were still in love, so I understandably have fond memories associated with that movie, even though I wasn't all that excited for it.
The third I watched alone and didn't care about.

I am ambivalent about the reboot, and highly skeptical considering only half of the original creators seem actually involved in it.
It's not a reboot but a fourth movie.

Daemon Sophic

Big fan of all three. I feel bad for all of the uncultured who “didn’t get it” in 2 and 3. To me the biblical references were obvious.

The upcoming #4 looks like it could be good, if done well.
They seem to be playing the ““was it all a dream?” …NO!….Surprise!! it was Real!” motif. But where they go from there is anybody’s guess.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
They're good. They were extremely huge things in my life when they came out, introducing me to new philosophical perspectives. They also introduced me to the cyberpunk genre, which I still love. I enjoyed the console games, too. The storyline with the sequels became somewhat unwieldy and confusing, though. I'm interested in seeing the fourth movie.