• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs Blasphemy laws when you can use Islamophobia?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you name some others and provide links to some examples so that we can compare the severity?
Anything like the Charlie Hebdo massacre from Jews?
We see poor treatment of Palestinians in Israel.
It differs in that it's sophisticated death dealing
by a state rather than blunt violence by a few.
Nonetheless, religiosity in general poses the threat.
Fear of Muslims seems to mask that.

Notanumber

A Free Man
We see poor treatment of Palestinians in Israel.
It differs in that it's sophisticated death dealing
by a state rather than blunt violence by a few.
Nonetheless, religiosity in general poses the threat.
Fear of Muslims seems to mask that.

Are Israelis trying to remove the right of all Palestinians to criticise Judaism?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Touche!

The reason I mentioned Charlie Hebdo was because it was an attack on free speech. I was responding to posts about Islamist attempts to suppress free speech.
Oh. Well, I can't think of one in those exact circumstances, but there's plenty of Jewish crazies, especially among the IDF and settlers.

Notanumber

A Free Man
No.
Would my answer mean that they don't curb free speech or other rights at all?

I am not up to speed on what is happening in Israel because I am far more concerned about what is happening in the UK.

I do know that more than a few Jews have left the UK and have gone to live in Israel because they no longer feel safe in my country.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am not up to speed on what is happening in Israel because I am far more concerned about what is happening in the UK.

I do know that more than a few Jews have left the UK and have gone to live in Israel because they no longer feel safe in my country.
Clear proof that Ameristan is the better country.
If you do move here for safety, you'll find that our
antique engine shows are much more numerous.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Project Fear; Jews are moving to this country in far larger numbers than they are leaving.
Isreal safe!!?? Really

Notanumber

A Free Man
Project Fear, there are plenty of people talking about it.
BUT in the lead up to an election they are a significant voting block; no one wants to upset them

Are any talking about abrogation?

If so, please provide the links of past or present discussions.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Abrogation ... no!

I could go on and find many many more

That was a good speech, but would the Oxford Union allow that speech today?

Abrogation should be discussed in both houses of Parliament and laws must be passed to protect non-Islamics.