• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs Blasphemy laws when you can use Islamophobia?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Who would have thought that the UK would embrace anything as chilling as this.

What about the freedom of the press?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So far all the Muslims I met, believe that their religion is "the highway"
Also most Christians think this way. The West is mostly Christian, so
of course they want this Islam thought gone, at least not integrated

Because borders are opened now, they need to solve this issue
Suppressing it won't work, so the elite is throwing it up in the open

I believe it is just all part of the plan of the people "ruling the world"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think Professor Richard Dawkins gives in a few words some good thoughts to contemplate.

‘Islamophobia is an otiose word which doesn’t deserve definition. Hatred of Muslims is unequivocally reprehensible, as is hatred of any group of people such as gay people or members of a race. Hatred of Islam, on the other hand is easily justified, as is hatred of any other religion or obnoxious ideology. Muslims themselves are the main victims of Islam.’

Professor Richard Dawkins
(http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/islamophobiaananthologyofconcerns.pdf'')

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Thanks for posting this.

To me religious extremists (or in this case the "overly-PC"), require our constant vigilance, they continue to demonstrate that they want to chip away at secularism.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Thanks for posting this.

To me religious extremists (or in this case the "overly-PC"), require our constant vigilance, they continue to demonstrate that they want to chip away at secularism.

As a sort of crude summary of the 30 minute show, they cite many examples of Islamists (and their supporters), more or less trying to promote blasphemy laws in the guise of "anti-Islamophobia".

Altfish

Veteran Member
Islamophobia can almost be tracked back to the Salmon Rushdie affair.
The UK establishment including leading politicians and the Archbishop of Canterbury condemned Rushdie. It was shameful.
There was a backlash that followed on from this. 9/11 and other terrorist atrocities have fueled the hatred of Muslims.

Further issues like the Islamic reaction to the Muslim Cartoons and Charlie Hebdo have helped keep the hatred alive - how many newspapers have actually printed those cartoons?

The terrorists like to play the Islamophobic card - it supports their agenda.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Islamophobia can almost be tracked back to the Salmon Rushdie affair.
The UK establishment including leading politicians and the Archbishop of Canterbury condemned Rushdie. It was shameful.
There was a backlash that followed on from this. 9/11 and other terrorist atrocities have fueled the hatred of Muslims.

Further issues like the Islamic reaction to the Muslim Cartoons and Charlie Hebdo have helped keep the hatred alive - how many newspapers have actually printed those cartoons?

The terrorists like to play the Islamophobic card - it supports their agenda.

We are not talking about Muslimophobia.

There is a difference.

All supporters of religions and ideologies should accept criticism and ridicule without demanding blasphemy laws for the protection of their feelings.

Altfish

Veteran Member
We are not talking about Muslimophobia.

There is a difference.

All supporters of religions and ideologies should accept criticism and ridicule without demanding blasphemy laws for the protection of their feelings.
I was giving you a history lesson

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In my opinion the issue here that some religious communities think they deserve a special treatment...

When one says : Our Republic does not recognize the right to polygamy to any religious groups, they think they have the right to that privilege

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Then you should count yourself lucky.

I wish we were as fortunate in the UK.
Then you should count yourself lucky.

I wish we were as fortunate in the UK.
I don't feel threatened by Muslims and I live in the UK. The two Muslims in my office are great, I know others through work and meetings, I'm not threatened by them.
I feel more threatened by the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage