• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your Savior? And saving you from what?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
:D

Thank you. This makes sense to me, coming from Hindu wisdom. I saw it myself when googling, but now rereading the coin fell.

As a little boy Sampson fascinated me, I did not want my hair cut. Especially the number 7, and losing power when hair was cut

Hearing in India about the 7 chakras I saw a connection

Now you give Biblical verses (East meets West):
1) Spirit of the Lord (Crown Chakra)
2) Spirit of Wisdom (Third Eye Chakra)
3) Spirit of Understanding (Throat Chakra)
4) Spirit of Counsel (Heart Chakra)
5) Spirit of Might (Solar Plexus Chakra)
6) Spirit of Knowledge (Sacral Chakra)
7) Spirit of the Fear of the Lord (Root Chakra)

Very Interesting. Probably coming from the same original seed.... God

Kenny

Premium Member
When you sin and hurt others, I guess you first should ask forgiveness from the person your have hurt; not just from God, correct?
Absolutely!!! Not one or the other, but both.

I remember when I was working for a pastor and he asked me about a job that I was to have completed. I had completely forgotten about it... but in the moment I weaved a story called 'excuses' but better known as lying - which he accepted .

As I left his office I heard this voice reverberating in my head that said "You lied!" I knew it was God speaking. It wasn't "oops I lied" but in the second tense "YOU".

I responded... "Father, please forgive me!" which He did.

Then the voice came again, "Now, go back and fix it".

I turned myself around, confessed my sin to the pastor and asked forgiveness.

The pastor said, "OK!" Smiled and said, "now go do it".

God felt better, I felt better and I'm sure the pastor felt better.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Love the way you express it. Jesus said he was anointed to "open blind eyes" - so that we can be "aware of our need to be united with God?"
:D Yes, even "being aware of our need to be united with God" is His Grace. Being "blind" for this is like living in another dimension

Yes, the love of God for His creation is so great it is hard to grasp. It is a beautiful to "to come home to His family" and be part of that family.
:D True. His Love is truly "unconditional", and "Joy in Him" is my only and real joy

I would differ on this one as a Christian. (tarnishing is just fine - just never heard that way before). I would say we were disconnected spiritually and, as Jesus would say it, a rebirth is necessary. Physically, we carry the traits of our parents, being born-again - or rebirthed - is where we now have the traits of God.

Could it be that what you are talking about is about renewing the spirit of our mind or our thought process? Rebirthing our thinking so that it better reflects God?
I made "to perfect" bold, meaning I believed in the rebirthing part, but I see spirit as untarnished. IF something is tarnished, I would call it our mind (bundle of thoughts) or our heart (worldly desires instead of God desires). The spirit is perfect, our "vision" needs to be turned towards God (this I call rebirthing), and not attached to the world. Paramount for me is "Love for God"

No. Certainly Christians sin (that is self evident). But the part that sins is not the spirit but rather the soul and body. The spirit remains sinless - because it is united with God who continually forgives and continually applies the washing that the shed blood of Jesus provides
Yes, this makes sense to me, and Jesus' Words are more clear and make sense, and even match with what Sai Baba told me

stvdv

I remember when I was working for a pastor and he asked me about a job that I was to have completed. I had completely forgotten about it... but in the moment I weaved a story called 'excuses' but better known as lying - which he accepted .

As I left his office I heard this voice reverberating in my head that said "You lied!" I knew it was God speaking. It wasn't "oops I lied" but in the second tense "YOU".

I responded... "Father, please forgive me!" which He did.
Then the voice came again, "Now, go back and fix it".
I turned myself around, confessed my sin to the pastor and asked forgiveness
Great example. Good reminder how important it is to not lie, and correct it if we do. Why it's so important to me? Because not correcting equals like not taking God's Voice serious, so why would He speak again to me. I don't want to take that chance. Even white lies I can't tolerate for myself. Even if someone asks me "how are you", and I automatically sometimes want to say "I am fine", feels as a lie if I am not fine.

Kenny

Premium Member
Great example. Good reminder how important it is to not lie, and correct it if we do. Why it's so important to me? Because not correcting equals like not taking God's Voice serious, so why would He speak again to me. I don't want to take that chance. Even white lies I can't tolerate for myself. Even if someone asks me "how are you", and I automatically sometimes want to say "I am fine", feels as a lie if I am not fine.
Yes, it is important.

Caveat... would you stop talking to your children if they lied? I continued talking to mine. Somehow I just can't picture God not speaking to anyone who is open even if they have lied. After all, He reached into my heart at my worst, why not when I am in the process of becoming better? I think if I were heading in the wrong direction, His love would dictate that He would try to talk to me more to stop me. Don't you think?

stvdv

Yes, it is important.

Caveat... would you stop talking to your children if they lied? I continued talking to mine. Somehow I just can't picture God not speaking to anyone who is open even if they have lied. After all, He reached into my heart at my worst, why not when I am in the process of becoming better? I think if I were heading in the wrong direction, His love would dictate that He would try to talk to me more to stop me. Don't you think?
Thank you. Yes, that is true, God stays open. But the one who lied usually closes himself. Being humble + knowing "I need God" is my key

Psalm23

Who is your Savior? And saving you from what?

Note 1: Speak for yourself, try not to generalize or speak for others - let's leave that to ***
Note 2: Use your own words, not copy/paste verses from Bible or other Scriptures
Note 3: This is not restricted to Theists only of course

Best known is Jesus whom Christians believe/know will save them from their sins
Less known are other Saviors who also claim to save them from ***
Well known is Trump I will save you from ******

Do you need a mediator?

Jesus is my Savior. He saves me from eternity apart from him. Jesus gives me hope and tells me that I am loved.

Riders

The one God creator God and my better side. I am still attending prayer service through Celtic Christianity. I have not decided if I want to take the Christian Rd. I just want to follow the creator God, for now, it's easier for me to understand. I did tell my Celtic group I am not Christian but open to studying Celtic Christianity.

They are pretty nice, we shall see if I go back to Christianity in the future. It is nice just to go to prayer groups and pray together every day and night but I have been forgetting it later. I want to make it a regular practice: At least I don't have to worry about the praise and worship culture of Mesquite and the Southern Baptist Church anymore, Celtic Christians have their own culture thank God. They won't drag me down the alter aisle to get me saved.