• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your Savior? And saving you from what?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I always wondered what there was to be saved from.......and it wasn’t what I was taught in church. The Bible taught me what it was all about. If the world (of mankind) seems devoid of God, that’s because he is not running the show down here as many assume, and wonder why he’s doing such a bad job....so what’s the real story?

It turns out that the world as we know it was handed over to a pretender who thought he could be a better god and ruler of mankind than the Creator. He fooled the first humans into disobeying the true God, knowing that it would mean death for them....but he wanted worship. He claimed that God was holding back something that they had a right to know. Was he right? He also said that God was a liar....was that true as well? There was only one way to find out.

The pretender was given all the freedom he needed to prove his case, and all whom he was able to deceive into following him would see that humans are not the best judge of what is right and wrong...good and evil. The world with all its so called freedoms is a mess....so badly misled and mismanaged that the system controlling them must be stopped before there is no life left here. We are headed for extinction at our own hand.

Has satan proved to be the better ruler? According to the Bible, satan controls the whole world through three avenues....politics, commerce and religion. Every person on earth is under the control of one or all of those elements. Humanity is rebelling at this juncture, more so than at any other time in history....governance has never been more under the microscope than it is in this age of information technology. We know how bad it is.

Science is telling us that planet Earth is as unhappy as the people who occupy it. We all know that something’s gotta give....but what? How can man fix the problem when man is the problem!?

The three elements of satan’s world are all influenced by one another....politics is influenced by commerce....commerce is influenced by politics and often religion to a greater or lesser degree depending on where we live in the world. But what drive just about everything in this world?......GREED. Whether it’s greed for wealth, power or personal achievement...it’s the driver behind all corruption in the world, as the Bible said. It’s what drove the devil right at the outset. Greed is what tempted the woman, who then tempted the man. Self interest! Is this not the driving force in every corruption?

So what can save us from ourselves?......and more importantly, what can save us from the wrath of God when he finally steps in and says “ENOUGH!”

There is to be a separating of humankind into one of two categories in what is called “the time of the end”. This is the period just before God steps in with his ultimate solution concerning who should be the rightful God and ruler of this world? I believe it is happening right now.
All humanity will fall into one category or the other. All will be found on one of only two roads...one leads to everlasting life...the other to everlasting death. There is no “heaven or hell” scenario as opposite destinations ever held out in the Bible. God put us here on earth to live forever, and here is where we will stay, only under the best rulership man will ever have......the one we threw away.

God has given the pretender “enough rope” and it will mean the elimination from existence all whom God has judged as unworthy of the gift of life.....that includes all who joined the pretender and upheld his standards instead of God’s. We have the instruction manual but most have thrown it away, preferring to live by their own standards (or lack of them).

So what are we being saved from? Our own stupidity and sinfulness....and the anger God will express as he brings the pretender and all who follow him to justice.

That is how I interpret the Bible’s message. We all have free will and the choices we make will have eternal consequences.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Note 1: Speak for yourself, try not to generalize or speak for others - let's leave that to ***
Note 2: Use your own words, not copy/paste verses from Bible or other Scriptures
Note 3: This is not restricted to Theists only of course

Best known is Jesus whom Christians believe/know will save them from their sins
Less known are other Saviors who also claim to save them from ***
Well known is Trump I will save you from ******

Do you need a mediator?

I am my own saviour, as ultimately I believe it's up to me and me alone. Not saved but set free from the triple bondage.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You have a concept of preserving nature. Environmentalism. Isn't that sort of a salvation thing?

In a sense, but I think it's problematic to use the word "salvation" for that with its strongly Christian overtones and theological implications. It'd communicate the wrong thing.

Besides that, my perspectives on conservation are more nuanced than preserving nature, so to speak. I've studied too much life science (and besides that, am too Pagan) to deny how everything in the universe is always in motion and always changing. Nothing can be preserved as some fixed and stagnant entity. Unlike some environmentalists, I roll my eyes at "save the planet" language because the planet does not need saving. The planet will get along just fine even with this sixth mass extinction event. Present biodiversity is not more valuable than the future biodiversity that will emerge in the wake of the sixth mass extinction. However, that humans are directly responsible for a sixth mass extinction event is just disgusting and outrageous even as it is predictable.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
It is only God that can save me from my own self.
1) When will God save you from your own self? Before you die or after you die?
2) But if you die, what is there to save?
3) And if there is a part that does not die, does this need saving?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Note 1: Speak for yourself, try not to generalize or speak for others - let's leave that to ***
Note 2: Use your own words, not copy/paste verses from Bible or other Scriptures
Note 3: This is not restricted to Theists only of course

Best known is Jesus whom Christians believe/know will save them from their sins
Less known are other Saviors who also claim to save them from ***
Well known is Trump I will save you from ******

Do you need a mediator?

Saved or salvation in the Greek is the word solo and soltería - which basically means being saved from every area - spirit, soul and body (more than just sins).

I believe Shalom is a word that means wholeness and completeness in every area too.(I could be wrong).

So, when I needed food, I was saved from the lack thereof.
When I was in a financial bind, I was delivered from the lack.
When I couldn't get out of bed, I was healed of pain and, in another case, sickness
When I was worried, I was delivered from worried and entered into peace.

etc... etc ... etc.

stvdv

Saved or salvation in the Greek is the word solo and soltería - which basically means being saved from every area - spirit, soul and body (more than just sins).
That makes sense, that it's more than just sins

1) "Being saved" ... does that mean like "get rid of, cleansed of"?
2) IF so, what is "it" that is getting cleansed?
3) But if you are "cleansed of all", what will remain? Nothing?
4) Or do you mean with "spirit" a kind of "personal spirit", still separate of "God"?

Kenny

Premium Member

4) Or do you mean with "spirit" a kind of "personal spirit", still separate of "God"?

So, if we eliminate all other applications of "saved" and laser beam it to the spiritual side... you are cleansed of all sins, saved from the consequences thereof, and your spirit is united with God's spirit - separate yet one.

I believe when Adam got the revelation of marriage, he understood that it was God's message to mankind. As the two become one - they are separate but one. (A lot more to that, but that is the short of the long of it);.

Kenny

Premium Member

You could also say, "being saved" - you start with being saved spiritually (immediately)... in the process of being saved in you soul (mind, will and emotions) and will be saved from the body (after you die) -- that's when the full effects of salvation is completed

stvdv

So, if we eliminate all other applications of "saved" and laser beam it to the spiritual side... you are cleansed of all sins, saved from the consequences thereof, and your spirit is united with God's spirit - separate yet one.
Yes, that makes sense.

Was our spirit tarnished before we united, did it need cleansing? Can our spirit be tarnished anyway you think?
IF so, can you explain what "our spirit" means (I think it's not body, mind, emotions, personality)

Kenny

Premium Member
Yes, that makes sense.

Was our spirit tarnished before we united, did it need cleansing? Can our spirit be tarnished anyway you think?
IF so, can you explain what "our spirit" means (I think it's not body, mind, emotions, personality)

Great question and I am not the guru on how to best answer it but will try my best.

Maybe the best way I could say it is that we reach a point where we make a conscious decision to do our own thing. We consciously do wrong and we loose our innocence. Because God is sinless, our connection or oneness with him is lost. Maybe like a divorce but God continues to pursue us individually. So our spirits become separated from Him, separated from real life, separated from the light of His life.

So, does tarnished fit that description? I don't know. Maybe the best way is "separated from the life of God" as He wanted it.

In the Christian understanding, when He knocks on the door of your heart saying "I want to restore our relationship and renew our vows with each other" and we say "yes" - we become what is called "born-again". Our spirits are rebirthed to a perfect spirit that will never experience the separation of sin again. Like when our children do wrong... we still love them, we still forgive them, and they will always be united to the family because they are our children. So sin can never separate us again from God because now our spirits are remade into the original design of God and forever united with His Spirit.

Our spirit is that part that make us eternal beings created by God that was supposed to be made in His image and in His likeness and, when recreated, is just that. Our soul gives us our individuality of personality.

I hope I didn't muddy things up. Let me know.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1) When will God save you from your own self? Before you die or after you die?

Our own choice determines our reality, if we choose to, or do not choose to, accept God's will over ours. There are two deaths possible in this life, the first we all face, is unavoidable and it is our choice to choose our fate with the 2nd death.

2) But if you die, what is there to save?

I see this is a given choice in the matrix of this reality. If we have chosen death in this matrix, our birth into the next will have consequences.

3) And if there is a part that does not die, does this need saving?

I see we will get to know the answer to this question when faced with the choices we made, when we leave this matrix.

Regards Tony

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Living in a natural environment, water and oxygen and the existence of microbes in natural light conditions saves me.

If I need personal consoling, the memory and recording of my spiritual human Father comforts me. And that condition is only when I am harmed.

Therefore as I live naturally who actually caused harm to my life for my belief to be "saved?"

stvdv

Great question and I am not the guru on how to best answer it but will try my best.
Thank you, I appreciate that. Words are always a hurdle, and different languages also. Especially when it comes to words like spirit, soul

I hope I didn't muddy things up. Let me know.
@KenS: I try to understand Jesus' view on these 2. Please let me know whether or not my view makes sense

I think that the below 2 verses might be useful to understand this. They give me at least 5 big clues. I start with the first three; 3/2/1.

IMO: Soul is the toughest one:
*) The Bible talks about "7 Spirits of God" and the "Spirit of God" and about "Holy Spirit" (how we might communicate)
*) People talk about "twin soul" sometimes, so that can't be anything close to God (see 2+3), unless God is your twin soul
*) Jesus might be a good example. First He said "I am a messenger of God", later "I am a son of God", finally "I and My Father are One"

*) Jesus says that I should love God with "all my heart" + "all my soul" + all my mind" (makes more sense than with all your might")
3) "all my mind" is the easiest one. Mind = bundle of thoughts, so I should "think lovingly of God 24/7":hearteyes: (simple, though not easy):D
2) "all my heart" gets tougher. Heart = seat of feelings/emotions, so I should "desire Love towards God 24/7":brokenheart: (simple, still not easy):D
1) "all my soul" the hardest. Soul = individual realization, so I should "merge in God (His Love) 24/7":heart: (quite a few obstacles to remove):D

Deuteronomy/6:5: You shall love your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your might.
matthew/22-37: Jesus declared, “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Then one of them, who was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, ‘Master, which is the great commandment in the law?’ Jesus said unto him, ‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
stvdvRF

Last edited: