• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your Ishta Devata (Favourite form of God to worship)?

Who is your Ishta Devata (Favourite form of God to worship)?

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The picture might be it, but I'm not sure. It's hard to remember specifics about temples when you're so blissed out when you're there. Where did you get that pic from? (There are no real pictures of that shrines as far as I know, as photography is forbidden there.)

I can tell that photography is forbidden there given the lack of hits when I Googled "Chidambaram Nataraja." But that's a consistent depiction that came up in the search.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I can tell that photography is forbidden there given the lack of hits when I Googled "Chidambaram Nataraja." But that's a consistent depiction that came up in the search.
Generally the curtain is drawn on the left side, and they only open it on very special occasions. If you're a puja sponsor, you get to stand down and to the left (her left) of Shakti. That entire platform is about 4 feet higher than ground level. Puja sponsors get a quick 3 second peak at the ether lingam. I have a friend from here in Edmonton, who lives about a half mile away from there. He is the only Indian person I know returned to India to live. Of course it was nice to have such a handy guide. I spent one full morning there.