• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your favorite Goddess?

Holdasown

The goddess I work with daily is Holda/ Holle. She covers pretty much any task a house wife would be involved in. She will soon start leading the Wild Hunt again.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Athena and Kali, both of whom I have had experiences with. Kali is the All and the Mother of the universe and all of existence. I feel love and peace when I think of Her. Everything is as it should be and there's nothing to be afraid of. As for Athena, She has appeared to me in my dreams. I think She has lessons to teach me about being more stoic and not giving into the emotional whirlwind. She's the epitome of logic and reason in my experience and wants me to make more use of those faculties. :D

Milton Platt

Hello,
Who is your favorite Goddess, and most of all, why can you relate to her?

I'm taking suggestions...

GUEST_07ec38cf-92ac-4fd9-a355-0385268c033d

There are no goddesses. The true and living God has revealed Himself in Three Persons- Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and these three are One. And each Divine person of the Trinity is referred to as He, Him, in the masculine. There is no other God but Him.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Always thought Athena, aka Minerva, was cool.

upload_2018-10-16_14-43-17.png

Minerva (/mɪˈnɜːr.və/; Latin: [mɪˈnɛr.wa]; Etruscan: Menrva) was the Roman goddess of wisdom and strategic warfare and the sponsor of arts, trade, and strategy
Athena
Goddess of wisdom, handicraft, and warfare

Mattei Athena at Louvre. Roman copy from the 1st century BC/AD after a Greek original of the 4th century BC, attributed to Cephisodotos or Euphranor.
Abode Mount Olympus
Symbol Owls, olive trees, snakes, Aegis, armour, helmets, spears, Gorgoneion
Personal information
Children
No natural children, but Erichthonius of Athens was her adoptive son
Parents In the Iliad: Zeus alone
In Theogony: Zeus and Metis[a]
Siblings Aeacus, Angelos, Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Dionysus, Eileithyia, Enyo, Eris, Ersa, Hebe, Helen of Troy, Hephaestus, Heracles, Hermes, Minos, Pandia, Persephone, Perseus, Rhadamanthus, the Graces, the Horae, the Litae, the Muses, the Moirai
Equivalents
Roman equivalent
Minerva
Egyptian equivalent Neith
Celtic equivalent Sulis

Athena or Athene,[c] often given the epithet Pallas,[d] is an ancient Greek goddess associated with wisdom, handicraft, and warfare,

from [Athena - Wikipedia]

GoodbyeDave

I pray to Athena for her aid at election time. I always present a reasoned argument for my request, since she is that sort of goddess. So far, I've got the result I asked for 75% of the time!

GoodbyeDave

What if someone is praying for the opposite?
A good question! In ancient times, gods might be bombarded with conflicting requests for help and ignore them. But today it's a different situation. It's possible that I might have prayed to Athena for one result and some-one else prayed for the opposite to Thor or Ganesha. Did they decide to stand back or did they debate what should be done? But it's certainly true that if you don't ask you don't get get.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Aphrodite because through observing her cult I can improve my self-esteem, my self-efficacy and cultivate self-love.
Gaia because she is our Great Earth Mother. She provides for all living things and we are all her children. And we as a species would do well to remember that we ought not to take without considering the harm we do to her.
I thought of Aphrodite as well.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Aphrodite because through observing her cult I can improve my self-esteem, my self-efficacy and cultivate self-love.
Gaia because she is our Great Earth Mother. She provides for all living things and we are all her children. And we as a species would do well to remember that we ought not to take without considering the harm we do to her.

This is perfection.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Athena and Kali, both of whom I have had experiences with. Kali is the All and the Mother of the universe and all of existence. I feel love and peace when I think of Her. Everything is as it should be and there's nothing to be afraid of. As for Athena, She has appeared to me in my dreams. I think She has lessons to teach me about being more stoic and not giving into the emotional whirlwind. She's the epitome of logic and reason in my experience and wants me to make more use of those faculties. :D

Can you expand more of the experiences, if you I am so bold to ask? I want that sort of thing.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
There are no goddesses. The true and living God has revealed Himself in Three Persons- Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and these three are One. And each Divine person of the Trinity is referred to as He, Him, in the masculine. There is no other God but Him.

Really uncool, dude, okay?