• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is your favorite Goddess?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Hello,
Who is your favorite Goddess, and most of all, why can you relate to her?

I'm taking suggestions...

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The mother of God
download (43).jpeg

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Aphrodite because through observing her cult I can improve my self-esteem, my self-efficacy and cultivate self-love.
Gaia because she is our Great Earth Mother. She provides for all living things and we are all her children. And we as a species would do well to remember that we ought not to take without considering the harm we do to her.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Aphrodite/Venus because!!!

Anoia. The goddess of things that get stuck in drawers, not that she is a favourite but she is the only goddess i regularly chant her mantra "How can it close on the damned thing but not open with it? Who bought this anyway? Do we ever use it?",

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hello,

The Moon Goddess, Gabrielle Drake:-

upload_2018-10-8_15-30-22.png

I'm sorry, I'm messing about. ;)

In fact my favourite goddess from mythology would have to be Artemis, I think.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Hello,

For my part, I gotta pick Palutena. Her up-smash hits like a truck, her back-air is awesome, and in Smash Ultimate she's getting some serious buffs, which is good to see. It's also super satisfying to completely wreck someone using a bottom-tier character. :D
latest

But for actual goddesses who were worshipped, I don't think Sophia counts as a goddess in Gnosticism, so I guess Brigid or Freya?

GoodbyeDave

Who is just a mere human, but y'know.
What about the doctrine of the Assumption? See Wikipedia (for once accurate!) with a quotation from Bishop Kallistos Ware. Your own Church describes her as "more honourable than the cherubim, more glorious than the seraphim".

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello,

Consider that in Hinduism all gods and goddesses are but facets (I don't really like the word manifestation, but I use it) of One. To that end, I think the goddess I have felt closest to is Saraswati. She's quite beautiful, gentle and graceful, as are all the goddesses (even when they're kicking demon butt).

16196082_646335205546452_6747808264003760329_n.jpg

I love music (I noodle around with guitar), languages and linguistics, books, learning, arts. Unfortunately I feel that she's been a bit distant. Or maybe it's me who's distant. I haven't touched my guitars in eons. :(

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
What about the doctrine of the Assumption? See Wikipedia (for once accurate!) with a quotation from Bishop Kallistos Ware. Your own Church describes her as "more honourable than the cherubim, more glorious than the seraphim".
Yes, that's a hymn of praise we sing to Mary at the end of every prayer service. But that says nothing about her being anything other than human. She is simply a human who, by her great faith and obedience to God, undid Eve's disobedience and thus ushered in Life (Christ) to the world. Because of her faith, she is greatly honored above even the highest of angels. But she's not alone in being exalted above the angels. Every single Christian is privileged above the angels, because only we are able to receive the Body and Blood of Christ Himself in the Eucharist. That's an honor no angel can receive. Mary is simply more honored than the rest of us, because it was the faithful and immediate humility, trust and obedience of only her that brought Christ into the world.