• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the stone the builders rejected in Psalm 118?

whirlingmerc

some nay saying to be done here

and Man was made a little less than the angels
Psalms

what scripture does NOT tell you
and God said to the angelic
Man is fragile
Seek after him that he not dash his toe nor his head

one third of heaven, led by God's Favored said ...NAY!
that Man is less than we are ….he should be made to serve us!

there is nothing wrong in that logic
and we humans do so unto anything less than we are
even unto each other

so to whom do we bear resemblance?

The stone that was rejected became the chief cornerstone (Jesus).

The stones they trusted in would all be knocked down (the temple).

(It's just like it was planned)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The stone that was rejected became the chief cornerstone (Jesus).

The stones they trusted in would all be knocked down (the temple).

(It's just like it was planned)
yeah.....I know most people see it as an exaltation of the Carpenter

I see it as a placement of reference

picture this...
I place a stone in the CENTER of the structure I intend
foundation radiates from that center
and upon the stone I carve.....
Do unto others as you have it done unto you

moorea944

some nay saying to be done here

and Man was made a little less than the angels
Psalms

what scripture does NOT tell you
Man is fragile
Seek after him that he not dash his toe nor his head

one third of heaven, led by God's Favored said ...NAY!
that Man is less than we are ….he should be made to serve us!

there is nothing wrong in that logic
even unto each other

so to whom do we bear resemblance?

[some nay saying to be done here]
Not really.

[and Man was made a little less than the angels
Psalms]

Yes, that's correct.

[what scripture does NOT tell you
Man is fragile
Seek after him that he not dash his toe nor his head]

Not sure what your trying to say here.....

[one third of heaven, led by God's Favored said ...NAY!
that Man is less than we are ….he should be made to serve us!]

Not sure what your trying to say here........

[there is nothing wrong in that logic
even unto each other]

What???.........

[so to whom do we bear resemblance?]
Are you talking about Gen 1v26? "And God (Elohim) said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:" That's God and the angels talking. We know it's not Jesus because he wasn't born yet. So....... I think your question is... why are the angels saying, let us make man in our image. And what does that mean.

Here's the answer. We are in the image and the likeness of the Elohim because we were made in a way that we look like them. We see that in scripture angels looking like men and people not understanding that they were actually angels.

Likeness..... we are also made in the likeness too in a way that we have a mind that is capable of understanding things of God. Spiritual things. Just like that angels. Animals cant do that. We can.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
[some nay saying to be done here]
Not really.

[and Man was made a little less than the angels
Psalms]

Yes, that's correct.

[what scripture does NOT tell you
Man is fragile
Seek after him that he not dash his toe nor his head]

Not sure what your trying to say here.....

[there is nothing wrong in that logic
even unto each other]

What???.........

[so to whom do we bear resemblance?]
Are you talking about Gen 1v26? "And God (Elohim) said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:" That's God and the angels talking. We know it's not Jesus because he wasn't born yet. So....... I think your question is... why are the angels saying, let us make man in our image. And what does that mean.

Here's the answer. We are in the image and the likeness of the Elohim because we were made in a way that we look like them. We see that in scripture angels looking like men and people not understanding that they were actually angels.

Likeness..... we are also made in the likeness too in a way that we have a mind that is capable of understanding things of God. Spiritual things. Just like that angels. Animals cant do that. We can.
you're thinking form

I am thinking ….spirit

and the serpent of the garden was a snake?
you think so?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and God said ...seek after him that he not dash his toe nor his head

and one third of heaven led by God's Favored said ...NAY

he is less than we are and therefore should be made to serve us

there is nothing wrong with that logic
and we humans do likewise unto anything less than we are
even unto each other

so......do we not bear resemblance?...….to the Fallen

whirlingmerc

yeah.....I know most people see it as an exaltation of the Carpenter

I see it as a placement of reference

picture this...
I place a stone in the CENTER of the structure I intend
foundation radiates from that center
and upon the stone I carve.....
Do unto others as you have it done unto you

Interesting that the stone the builder rejected is wrapped in salvation language
before and after. That makes Jesus quite fitting

see

20 This is the gate of the LORD;
the righteous shall enter through it.
21 I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.

22 The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
23 This is the LORD's doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.

24 This is the day that the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save us, we pray, O LORD!
O LORD, we pray, give us success!

and then in contrast to the rejection, a blessing with a personal pronoun 'he'
and referred to by Jesus as well

26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD!
We bless you from the house of the LORD.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Interesting that the stone the builder rejected is wrapped in salvation language
before and after.
This is a technique of prophetic poetic writing, I'd call it enclosing; where anything contained has a contextual application.

This can be seen when we use Esword Bible software, and search by Strongs keyword numbers.

Thus for example when we search H3444 Yeshua, the Chief Corner Stone becomes clear; that the Structure of many prophecies has Salvation in the center of it.

H3444 (Yeshua) + H1961 (To become) = Exodus 15:2, Psalms 118:14-21, Isaiah 12:2 (2 Samuel 10:11 David Vs Ammon) + Isaiah 33:2-6, Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 51:6-8.

H3444 (Yeshua) + H7200 (To see) = Exodus 14:13, Psalms 98:3, Isaiah 52:10 (2 Chronicles 20:17 Jehoshaphat Vs Ammon).

We then see that Moses started the song of, 'the Lord shall become Yeshua' (Exodus 15:2), which David continues (Psalms 118:14-21), with Isaiah concluding some of the ideas (Isaiah 12:2) into a Masterpiece/Marvellous Work' (Isaiah 52:10).

When we see the Lord found no man could bring salvation, thus the 'Lord became our Salvation' (H3444 + H1961), it explains what the Chief Corner Stone partially is; yet we should not make 'haste' as it is in the middle (Isaiah 28:16) of the Bed of Adultery (Isaiah 28) from Rumour to Rumour (Isaiah 28:9-19).

Thus when Isaiah 53:1 says, 'who would have believed the Rumour' the additional contexts are overlooked by everyone; which is where Ezekiel 7:26 says Rumour upon Rumour caused the 2nd Temple Destruction (Zechariah 11), and Curse of Moses (Deuteronomy 28) to be placed.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

moorea944

you're thinking form

I am thinking ….spirit

and the serpent of the garden was a snake?
you think so?

I"m thinking form? Not sure what that really means.... to you.

But anyhow.. But doesnt scripture tell us that it was a serpent?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would think no doubt that it refers to Jesus the Christ and there are passages in the New Testament quoted above to support that. I see it is applicable to all God's Messengers as well.

I also see at times these prophecies also unfolding the material world in other ways, that assist those that experience the event get to consider their options.

Interestingly the Baha'i Temple in America had a corner stone placed by Abdul'baha that was brought to site by 2 ladies in a wheelbarrow. They had been given it from a pile of rejected stones and wanted to donate it for the temple construction. :)

Regards Tony

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I"m thinking form? Not sure what that really means.... to you.

But anyhow.. But doesnt scripture tell us that it was a serpent?
the term is used

and when you use it
as when talking to someone face to face
in confrontation.....
would that not be a statement of character?
rather than form

whirlingmerc

I would think no doubt that it refers to Jesus the Christ and there are passages in the New Testament quoted above to support that. I see it is applicable to all God's Messengers as well.

I also see at times these prophecies also unfolding the material world in other ways, that assist those that experience the event get to consider their options.

Interestingly the Baha'i Temple in America had a corner stone placed by Abdul'baha that was brought to site by 2 ladies in a wheelbarrow. They had been given it from a pile of rejected stones and wanted to donate it for the temple construction. :)

Regards Tony

Another significant issue is that Psam 118 is the final passover Psalm.
If Jesus was 'the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world' the ultimate passover then it makes sense that the discussion foretells Jesus (in the final passover Psalm.)

It is also followed by an invitation to the gentiles in Psalm 117. Tis goes along with Isaiah's promise that the gentiles will hope in the root of Jesse (David's father and ancestor of Jesus who is both root and offspring of David)

Jesus drew the attention of the religious folk of his day to Psalm 118, the final Passover song

In Psalm 118:22 ‘the stone that the builders rejected became the cornerstone’ (Psalm 118 being the final Passover song. Imagine Jesus singing Psalm 118 with the apostles at the last supper singing it and having sung a hymn went to the Mount of Olives.)

In the Psalm what was going on was equated with the gate of salvation, the rejected cornerstone is marvelous!! Psalm 118:24-25

In contrast to rejection, a blessing given in the Psalm to the one who is the rejected cornerstone the way of salvation for those made righteous follows!! Psalm 118:26 "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD! "

Jesus is really driving the point home to the religious leaders. They are the builders throwing out the chief cornerstone of salvation who they should be blessing, just like in Psalm 118. The religious leaders of Jesus day is apparently Jesus' interpretation.

For us? We can take it in and sing Psalm 116:13

But who is the stone that the builders rejected, if not Jesus?

It is referring to Jesus. Compare these supporting scriptures: Isaiah 28:16; Luke 20:17; Acts 4:11, 12; 1 Corinthians 3:10, 11; Ephesians 2:20; 1 Peter 2:4-6.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
In science dusts belong in term to rocks stone.

Men made metal machines out of the dusts.

So ignored stone rocks holiness was a humans wArning.

On earth O there is no corner. Another warning.

Spaces laws owned no corner.

Your pyramid thesis however used a corner ^. Humans warning don't believe life's false preacher maths science ∆.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince

It is Satan desiring man to worship him as well as God since Satan is the other entity in the ‘We’ to whom God spoke about making man in their image.

Angels have wisdom, a Will, are powerful, intelligent, and can do great works. Satan was the highest of the angels created by God and though the Spirit of Adam was created by God, the body was nonetheless aided in creation by Satan. Hence we see that though God says ‘Let us…’, at the last it is GOD who blew the breathe of life into the inert, unlivened BODY of Adam… Adam BECAME a LIVING BEING after the spirit was put into the body.

Satan saw that the man and all mankind to come would worship God and was envious… and envy grew in him till his desire for equal worship caused him to sin against God.

And that desire for equal worship is what drives trinitarians to claim that Jesus is to be worshipped equally with God … You can see that Trinitarians are paralleling the desire of Satan but don’t know they are doing it to put Satan ‘on the mount of God proclaiming himself as God’!