• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Ruler of this World?

ProfLogic

Mystic-als said:
It's sad to think that an "evil" outcast is the ruler over such a beautiful creation. I don't agree with the "Satan rules the earth" theory. I honestly think that we (humans) rule the earth. We just want someone to blame for all the things that go wrong.
Exactly like Adam and Eve. Adam - "it was this woman You gave me" Eve - "It was the snake"

If something goes wrong in my life then I am solely to blame. I set things in motion for those things to happen.
Not some devil!

Absolutely....but you still sound religious.

Ody

ProfLogic said:
There is no satan, its just made up like the boogey man, jason, freddie krueger, big foot, etc.

We shouldn't be speaking in absolutes with things we don't know if they do or do not exist. :yes:

A

angellous_evangellous

ProfLogic said:
There is no satan, its just made up like the boogey man, jason, freddie krueger, big foot, etc.

Whether or not satan actually exists has no bearing on whether or not a text refers to her.

may

Right after Adam and Eve fell victim to Satan’s scheme, God announced His purpose regarding a means of salvation. This is what Jehovah proclaimed regarding Satan: "I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel." (Genesis 3:15) That proclamation guaranteed that the Devil would not be allowed to do his evil deeds forever. As the King of the Messianic Kingdom, the promised Seed, Jesus Christ, will ‘bruise Satan in the head.’ Yes, "shortly," Jesus will crush the rebel Satan!—Romans 16:20. so satan is ruling the earth now , but not for much longer . he is on death row

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
Whether or not satan actually exists has no bearing on whether or not a text refers to her.

You're right, sir.

Women can do everything better. :yes:

Simon Gnosis

Mystic-als said:
A little more explination please.

The earth is ruled by a corporate dictatorship...I thought that was immediately obvious?

Our leaders are merely puppets, they do as they are told, they have to.

Maket forces dictate the system, the corporations dictate the input.

Look at the US invasion of Iraq...who would benefit?

Arms dealers?
Oil companies?
Reconstruction companies?
You betcha!

verita

Halcyon said:
In Gnosticism he is the Demiurge. Who is he to you?
Joh 14:30 I will no more speak much with you, for the prince of the world cometh: and he hath nothing in me;
Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 16:11 of judgment, because the prince of this world hath been judged.

First let’s find the logical meaning of the word WORLD?
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, and the world knew him not.
Joh 3:19 And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.
Joh 8:12 Again therefore Jesus spake unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life.
Joh 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love its own: but because ye are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Light and darkness mentioned is spiritual.
Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me may not abide in the darkness.

The god of this world blinds the minds of unbelievers. It is the MINDS that are blinded and not the eyes.
2Co 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not:
2Co 4:2 but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
2Co 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled in them that perish:
2Co 4:4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn upon them.
2Co 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.

Spiritually blinds person cannot lead a man like him.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they are blind guides. And if the blind guide the blind, both shall fall into a pit.

This how the devil works on every Gentiles.
Act 28:26 … By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive:
Act 28:27 For this people's heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest, haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart,….

Christians are of God, the world lieth in the devil.
1Jo 5:19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in the evil one.

Who are the accessories of the Devil.
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Now the question, who is the ruler of the world?
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 and he said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

The ruler of this world is THE DEVIL.

God bless you.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I think Mr. Jensen has it pretty close to right (from the movie "Network"):

Audio mp3 delivered by Ned Beatty

Jensen: You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!! Is that clear?! You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance!
You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multi-national dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, Reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU WILL ATONE!
Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale?

You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state -- Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do.

We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality -- one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock, all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused.
And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

Beale: But why me?

Jensen:Because you're on television, dummy. Sixty million people watch you every night of the week, Monday through Friday.

Beale:I have seen the face of God.

Jensen:You just might be right, Mr. Beale.

networkpitch1.JPG

the doppleganger

gnostic

The Lost One
Walt Disney.:devil:

He had plagued us with Mickey Mouse in our youth and plagued us still with a whole barrage of movies of half-truths and non-sensical fantasy. Once you have seen one of his cartoons or movies, Disney has your soul, which is beyond saving, and you are damned for all eternity.:thud:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
gnostic said:
Walt Disney.:devil:

He had plagued us with Mickey Mouse in our youth and plagued us still with a whole barrage of movies of half-truths and non-sensical fantasy. Once you have seen one of his cartoons or movies, Disney has your soul, which is beyond saving, and you are damned for all eternity.:thud:

Ever read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser?

the doppleganger

ayani

sandy whitelinger said:
Leave my wife out of this.

hahahahaha! :D

thank you for that, Sandy.

seriously? i believe the world is ruled by God. the social worlds of humans, however, tend to be ruled by tradition, political power, money, and the collective opinion.