• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most powerful person in the world?

Most powerful person

• Donald Trump

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Putin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pope Francis

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Angela Merkel

• Xi Jinping

• Bill Gates

• Janet Yellen

• Other

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But Trump's antics have lost him (and the US.) a whole lot of influence with our allies and others. Consequently, the president of the United States is probably no longer nearly so powerful as it once was. It would not surprise me if, by the end of Trump's term, it was not widely thought the leader of China or even Russia was the most powerful person on earth.

Agreed. It seems to me that few things could devalue and cheapen both the influence and image of a powerful leader as much as engaging in juvenile Twitter fights and poorly written rants online—on top of his arguably pathological impulsiveness.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
You'd think so, wouldn't you? But Trump's antics have lost him (and the US.) a whole lot of influence with our allies and others. Consequently, the president of the United States is probably no longer nearly so powerful as it once was. It would not surprise me if, by the end of Trump's term, it was not widely thought the leader of China or even Russia was the most powerful person on earth.

People's subjective opinions of Trumps antics are irrelevant.

If China and Russia combined their military forces they still only have 30% of the tonnage and power of just the U.S.

Trump (or whoever is current U.S president) is commander of this force, and therefore the most powerful man in the world for this reason alone.

George Soros is an heavily influential man. He backed Hillary and lost. Influence is overrated.;)

Jedster

I voted other. The answer is obviously Frederica Bloggs, the lady who stops all the said powers on the planet destroying us all and the planet.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Which allies would that be? Surely you don't mean the ones that would back stab us while taking our money?

ajay0

I think u forgot to put my name in the list ! :D

After me, I think the second most powerful man in the world would be Xi Jinping, considering the remarkable pace at which China is growing.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I voted Pope Francis
He shepherds over 1.2 billion Catholics and many non-Catholics are influenced by what he teaches

But I'm probably mistaken regarding power. His military is Swiss guards. However, there is more than one way to interpret power. If Catholicism is correct, at every Mass he turns bread and wine into God. Can't beat that :p

If you voted other, please do explain...the vote is based on your interpretation of power

The most powerful person in the world could never be in the limelight. The fact that you are in front of millions and watched by millions limits your abilities. The guy/gal that is a either a friend to all the people above or a needed alliance of them is the most powerful person in the world and you'll never know His or Her name.

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
He is a laughing stock, with his finger on the big(ger) red button.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
George Soros may top this list due to the magnitude of useful idiots that march to his drumbeat.