• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most powerful person in the world?

Most powerful person

• Donald Trump

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Putin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pope Francis

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Angela Merkel

• Xi Jinping

• Bill Gates

• Janet Yellen

• Other

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I voted Pope Francis
He shepherds over 1.2 billion Catholics and many non-Catholics are influenced by what he teaches

But I'm probably mistaken regarding power. His military is Swiss guards. However, there is more than one way to interpret power. If Catholicism is correct, at every Mass he turns bread and wine into God. Can't beat that :p

If you voted other, please do explain...the vote is based on your interpretation of power
pope-francis.jpg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It simply would not occur to me to vote for His Popeness. The papacy is a shadow of its former glory when it held absolute power - which taught us never to let religious people hold real power ever again.

Trump in almost inarguably the most powerful person on Earth.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It simply would not occur to me to vote for His Popeness. The papacy is a shadow of its former glory when it held absolute power - which taught us never to let religious people hold real power ever again.

Trump in almost inarguably the most powerful person on Earth.
The supreme Court limits his power

Aldrnari

Hmm... mitochondrial eve, maybe? All living people descend from her in an unbroken line, after all... :D

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As it should. There is no one else on your list who is anywhere near as influential or powerful however.
Arguably Putin has more power because he runs more of a Dictatorship without the balance of power seen in US government. But it all depends on a person's definition of power.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted Pope Francis
He shepherds over 1.2 billion Catholics and many non-Catholics are influenced by what he teaches

But I'm probably mistaken regarding power. His military is Swiss guards. However, there is more than one way to interpret power. If Catholicism is correct, at every Mass he turns bread and wine into God. Can't beat that :p

If you voted other, please do explain...the vote is based on your interpretation of powerView attachment 19978
Trump obviously, with his big button and all. :D

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
The President of the United States.

Whoever currently is in that seat of power.

Currently Trump is, so Trump gets the vote.

LionLooking

Why do so many people believe that the President of America is the most powerful? He/she is subject to congress, the senate and (allegedly) the will of the American people.
Furthermore, he/she has a limited time in office.
The most powerful, in my opinion, are the banks as the fate of the world depends on them. The unknown people who own/run the banks are the ones who rule the world.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why do so many people believe that the President of America is the most powerful? He/she is subject to congress, the senate and (allegedly) the will of the American people.
Furthermore, he/she has a limited time in office.
The most powerful, in my opinion, are the banks as the fate of the world depends on them. The unknown people who own/run the banks are the ones who rule the world.
Do you believe the banks are mainly run by Jews. I hear that a lot

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The President of the United States.

Whoever currently is in that seat of power.

Currently Trump is, so Trump gets the vote.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But Trump's antics have lost him (and the US.) a whole lot of influence with our allies and others. Consequently, the president of the United States is probably no longer nearly so powerful as it once was. It would not surprise me if, by the end of Trump's term, it was not widely thought the leader of China or even Russia was the most powerful person on earth.