• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the moderators on this website

Ellen Brown

If God could take care if Himself would there be an RF?

That, my friend, is inexcusably arrogant. This is not an involuntary enlistment here. If you think that God is not capable of handling his own business, we are not in the same Universe.

Let me lay it out for you line by line. People come here voluntarily. If you look at the Forums List, it seems they allow almost anyone and most astonishingly ME. If you continue in your present vein, it is doubtful that you will make the grade here. My advice to you is to get on your knees and apologize to God, because I think you are flirting with judgement.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
People are saying God is gay and won't stop claiming that. And says I am wrong to say God is not gay
Here's something I have noticed about RF.
A fairly large number of Christians join, but don't stay long. It's pretty obvious to me why. They are accustomed to being a part of an overwhelmingly dominant majority, who rarely have to support their beliefs. A level intellectual playing field, where their feelings and tacit assumptions get challenged, is beyond their ability to cope.

So they just leave. That's why there is such a small percentage of Christians here, compared to the English speaking world.
Tom

lukethethird

unknown member
Your emotional state seems very fluid. Would you care to say why you are so upset?
That, my friend, is inexcusably arrogant. This is not an involuntary enlistment here. If you think that God is not capable of handling his own business, we are not in the same Universe.

Let me lay it out for you line by line. People come here voluntarily. If you look at the Forums List, it seems they allow almost anyone and most astonishingly ME. If you continue in your present vein, it is doubtful that you will make the grade here. My advice to you is to get on your knees and apologize to God, because I think you are flirting with judgement.
So what you are saying is that if God could defend himself, let's say for arguments sake from being called gay, that we would still have a need for RF?

lukethethird

unknown member
A fairly large number of Christians join, but don't stay long. It's pretty obvious to me why. They are accustomed to being a part of an overwhelmingly dominant majority, who rarely have to support their beliefs. A level intellectual playing field, where their feelings and tacit assumptions get challenged, is beyond their ability to cope.

So they just leave. That's why there is such a small percentage of Christians here, compared to the English speaking world.
Tom
Some might get tired of defending their God, others might leave after reading post after post by atheists describing what atheist means, those threads can go on forever and ever.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Some might get tired of defending their God,
God doesn't need defending.
But people who think they know God better than the rest of us have God images that need defending. That's not God, that's them. And their opinions are oftentimes nearly impossible to defend without appealing to some human authority.
others might leave after reading post after post by atheists describing what atheist means, those threads can go on forever and ever.
There's lots more on this forum than that. Heck, that would hardly ever happen if religionists could understand the word "no". They commonly seem so convinced that everyone says Yes to some God or another that they insist that No is a form of Yes. Like "Atheism is a religion".
Tom

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I hate it how a Christian will tell people that all gays are going to hell,
But then they can't handle a minor statement about their God.

Ellen Brown

Tom

That is how it should be. I am unapologetic about what I believe and don't feel defensive about it at all. I feel like having people from many beliefs is great.

Ellen Brown

So what you are saying is that if God could defend himself, let's say for arguments sake from being called gay, that we would still have a need for RF?

I've been thrown out of so many Christian Forums, I have to laugh about it now. Pretty sure that they would have thrown Jesus himself out also. I go by the KJV Bible as far as Christianity is concerned. In 45 years the study of the Quran, Zoroastrians, Jews was also there.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I've been thrown out of so many Christian Forums,
I have been a member of more Christian forums than I can remember.
Lots! Maybe 20, where I actually posted over 50 times.

I have never been banned from a single one. In fact, I have gotten more infractions here on RF than all of them put together 5-6 times over. I have gotten a good deal more mod action from the non-theist forums* than the Christian and Muslim forums, and all of them put together don't add up to the modding that I have gotten here on RF.

I'm just that way. I know what you can do and I know what not to do. Mostly.

Tom

* On seriously non-theist forums I go by Hevvin Machine, and I tend to get pointy about different issues. :cool:

Ellen Brown

I have been a member of more Christian forums than I can remember.
Lots! Maybe 20, where I actually posted over 50 times.

I have never been banned from a single one. In fact, I have gotten more infractions here on RF than all of them put together 5-6 times over. I have gotten a good deal more mod action from the non-theist forums* than the Christian and Muslim forums, and all of them put together don't add up to the modding that I have gotten here on RF.

I'm just that way. I know what you can do and I know what not to do. Mostly.

Tom

* On seriously non-theist forums I go by Hevvin Machine, and I tend to get pointy about different issues. :cool:

I am one of those "diversity" folk, and completely celibate. If I took the advice of some of those Forums, I'd suicide. About what I had happen to me, the Bible says that when we are contrite and repentant, our sin is forgiven. Trying very hard not to give you both barrels here.

Lots of these pseudo Christians don't believe and don't understand how I got here.

Your entry comes off as prideful and sanctimonious. Me, I'm going to go sit on the porch and have a beer.

Musicfan

I'm not the one calling him gay

Musicfan

And I confess that I have been kicked out of message board because people said I am a troll I don't know. What that is.