• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Mahdi in Islam?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Those allergic to the position of the signs and guiding kings of God will perish. Doesn't how matter your attachment to your concept of Ali it's about him as signs of God for God revealed to Mohammad "for they do not give lie to you but the stubborn deny the signs of God".

It matters to see God's rope extending and his way of guidance. The Quran explained this in detail, in a way, that there has to be a family of the reminder. If not Mohammad and his family, for sake of argument, they too would be obligated to seek knowledge from the household of the reminder, but no doubt Mohammad and his family are that!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Mahdi right now is not a Messenger, but is God's proof and the spirit from God by which he guides believers, and the path in the unseen world and the light from God by which people can submit to God through, the bringer out of miracles and extraordinary majestic signs that can only explained by the fact he is directed sustained and provided power by God.

He is the witness, the king to return for humanity, the way back to God, the way to Make God govern us in truth, the witness who knows us better then ourselves and borrows vision from God's greater vision and no one truly sees us exactly as we are but God while the witness borrows a lesser degree of truth from God's vision and truth.

God will guide to him who turns to God often and those who turn to the Taghut, will not cease but to increase in misguidance and idolatry and darkness.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I fear the day he becomes a Messenger will be the day humanity faces a justice they are not ready for and ultimatum they are not prepared for, and will accuse of him being a sorcerer when the miracles are presented!

Limo

وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا مُوسَىٰ بِآيَاتِنَا وَسُلْطَانٍ مُّبِينٍ

All usages of the word Arsal means something in Quran. You are stubborn, Wallah, no body more stubborn than who reads Quran but denies the Wilayah of Ali therein.

My friend, you're not reading the Quran.
You never read the Quran.
Your imams never read the Quran.
It's a fact you can't deny.
Do you get surprised and/or angry ?

The true is ....
You're reading a translation of the Quran meaning ... Did you get that ?
The ultimate understanding of Quran is in Arabic language.

Most and may be all of Shiia imams are non Arabic. Most of Shiia are non Arabic ...

Most of your translations either has wrong translation or biased one.

Right ?

Limo

وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا مُوسَىٰ بِآيَاتِنَا وَسُلْطَانٍ مُّبِينٍ

All usages of the word Arsal means something in Quran. You are stubborn, Wallah, no body more stubborn than who reads Quran but denies the Wilayah of Ali therein.
Most of who reads Quran don't believe in your 12 imams. Majority of moslems are Sunni.
Even all these 12 don't believe in 12 imams theory.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You want to impose your interpretation on Quran and are not willing to reflect over it's clear insights and proofs and you follow the sorcery pertaining to the Quran from Iblis and won't even give the family of the reminder a chance to prove their case with respect to the Quran and Sunnah.

There is nothing I can do for you.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I fear the day he becomes a Messenger will be the day humanity faces a justice they are not ready for and ultimatum they are not prepared for, and will accuse of him being a sorcerer when the miracles are presented!

That day passed as you have described.

We all stand in Judgement Day.

The choices are yours to make, the greatest miracle is a change of heart.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That day passed as you have described.

We all stand in Judgement Day.

The choices are yours to make, the greatest miracle is a change of heart.

Regards Tony

The destruction of cities in the past was real, and believe me by everything I know about Quran the warnings pertaining to the Mahdi in Quran include that destruction and much more, if we don't pay heed to the warnings!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You want to impose your interpretation on Quran and are not willing to reflect over it's clear insights and proofs and you follow the sorcery pertaining to the Quran from Iblis and won't even give the family of the reminder a chance to prove their case with respect to the Quran and Sunnah.

I see it is Allah that gives faith, we have never been given that right.

What we can do for each other is to love and serve each member of humanity as sisters and brothers, as one family.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The destruction of cities in the past was real, and believe the warnings pertaining to the Mahdi in Quran include that destruction and much more, if we don't pay heed to the warnings!

It will happen. Allah has given the path to peace, gave us a chance to change prior to the event.

The cities will fall.

Regards Tony

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The event occurs only when people witness divine miracles as in literally miracles like the Moses' type, and not only that, there is grace period of trials, God will afflict and remove afflictions to see if they repent.

This all occurs with a Messenger present.

Limo

You went so far from discussion.
Salama.
End of discussion

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for the reason the Mahdi went to Ghayba and didn't stay in the open, it's very simple, as a mercy to humanity so as for humanity not to be destroyed.

And surely the path of destruction is the path we are heading.

InvestigateTruth

As for the reason the Mahdi went to Ghayba and didn't stay in the open, it's very simple, as a mercy to humanity so as for humanity not to be destroyed.

And surely the path of destruction is the path we are heading.

this idea that Qaim was born long time ago, and God prolongs His life until He rises, contradicts with Quran and Traditions, for the following other reasons:

In the Book Rijal Alkeshi, it is recorded that Imam Reza said,
“…if God wanted to prolong the lifespan of anyone among mankind, due to the needs of the people, God would have prolonged the life of Muhammad, the Messenger of God".

کتابخانه مدرسه فقاهت - رجال الکشی - الشیخ الطوسی

This Hadith has evidence from Quran, since according to verses of Quran, the Prophets who lived before Muhammad died, and in another verse of Quran, He says, God did not give everlasting life to Prophets. In another words, it is contradictory with Quran, if one believes, God prolonged the Age of Qaim, so that He rises later.
Yes, in some verses it may appear, some prophets like Noah had a long life, but, the Quran does not say, every verse is literal. "Some of its verses are Mutishabihat (metaphors and figurative)" 3:7

Also, there is another Tradition as well in Kafi:

abu Basir narrates from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following:
"Allah sent revelation to ‘Imran saying, "I will grant you a perfect and holy son who would cure the blind and the lepers and bring the dead back to life by Allah, the permission of Allah and I make him a messenger to the israelites." ‘Imran then said it to his wife, Hanna, mother of Mary all about it When she conceive with the baby Mary and she thought to herself that the baby will be a boy. When she give birth to Mary she said, "Lord, I have given birth to a girl and boys are not like girls. A girl can not be a messenger. Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most gracious, has said, "Allah knows to who have you given birth. When Allah, the Most High, granted Jesus to Mary he was the boy promised to ‘Imran. He promised Jesus to ‘Imran. When we would say something about a man from us and that thing would be found in his sons or grand sons then you must not deny it."

The Quranic evidence for this Hadith is in verse 3:36,
“But when she delivered her, she said, "My Lord, I have delivered a female." And Allah was most knowing of what she delivered, "And the male is not like the female…..”

2 in the same Book, Ibrahim ibn ‘Umar al-Yamani narrated from abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) who has said the following:
"If we would say something about a man and it would not be found in him but it would be found in his sons or his grandsons you must not reject it. It is because Allah does what he wants."

So, according to these Traditions, even if Imams had said that Qaim was to appear in the son of the 11th Imam, but if He is born in later generations (last period of time) He should not be denied.

And in another Tradition from Sadiq, recorded in Bihar:

“It is a great affliction, that their man (the Qaim) appears in young age to them while they expect that he is an old man.”

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It doesn't contradict Quran or ahadith, it can be derived from both, that it's the case that he is alive.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For example, there are many verses show there is never a point in time without a witness/leader from God.

InvestigateTruth

For example, there are many verses show there is never a point in time without a witness/leader from God.
Those verses, are speaking of continoues Revelations. It is not about a point in time literally. It means, everytime humanity needs guidance, God, will raise a Person to guide them. If it meant that at all times, an Imam was alive, then who was the Imam between Jesus and Muhammad? Who was the Imam among Arabs, just before Muhammad is born? Moreover, an Imam is useful if He is among people and can guide them. If an Imam is not accessible and hidden, what difference does it make to be alive? God can choose and create an Imam anytime He wants, why keeping an Imam alive for thousands years? Religion needs to be logical. That is what Imam Reza said, in the Hadith I quoted.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Those verses, are speaking of continues Revelations. It is not about a point in time literally. If that was the case, who was the Imam between Jesus and Muhammad?

Elyas, he was the instance of the holy spirit by which God guided believers.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If an Imam is not accessible and hidden, what difference does it make to be alive?

He is the means which by God still manifests miracles to humans, the "not accessible" by that you mean, you can't go to him whenever you please, true, but if you pray to God to guide you to him like in this prayer: Marefat Allahumma Arrifni Nafsak

Then God , it's up to him, if it's for your benefit will make you witness him and be guided by his hands.