• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Mahdi in Islam?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My friend your words up there "the name Mahdi itself means he is guided and a guide."
My friend your words up there "the name Mahdi itself means he is guided and a guide."
The word Elmahdy can't by any means translated as "a guide".
You can consult any Arabic student.
A guide is Alhady الهادى

You can see my friend that you've been mislead, using wrong assumption.
And Guided is muhtadi while Mahdi is something that is both.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. "There is a narration from lbn UmarRZ which has been reported by Ibn-Shiba that the ProphetSAS stated that the Mehdi would appear in a manner that an angel would be announcing over his head that "this is the Caliph of Allah, Mehdi"

This is from a Sunni site lol.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And there is many hadiths calling the Mahdi Khaleefatallah, actually, in Sunni tradtions. Just go on a sunni site about hadiths about the Mahdi.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For example:

. Hazrath SubanRZ narrates that Hazrat Rasool AllahSLM said "For your treasures (Caliphate) three persons will fight but none will overcome it, then black flags will rise from the east, they will massacre you {Halaku Khan's Army killed 1.6 million Muslims in Baghdad alone} in such a way that no group has done it ever before. After this Khalifatullah Mehdi will arrive, when you hear about Mehdi reach him and pledge allegiance to him even if you have to crawl over snow because he is Caliph of Allah the Mehdi" (Ibne Maja, Ahmed bin Hanbal, Haakim, Delami, Ruyani, and Nayeem bin Hammad)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
. "There is a narration from lbn UmarRZ which has been reported by Ibn-Shiba that the ProphetSAS stated that the Mehdi would appear in a manner that an angel would be announcing over his head that "this is the Caliph of Allah, Mehdi"

This is from a Sunni site lol.

What site?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also regarding "sent", the Quran says "peace be upon those who were sent", so I don't care if other narrations say God sent Dajjal, those are fabricated, being sent means being chosen by God.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
What site?

Also regarding "sent", the Quran says "peace be upon those who were sent", so I don't care if other narrations say God sent Dajjal, those are fabricated, being sent means being chosen by God.

one correct hadith about mahdi
glad tiding or (Annunciation) that God sends the Mahdi while different between people and much earthquakes.
He will Fill the earth fair and justice as it was filled unjustly and unfairly.

he will get Satisfy from the inhabitants of heaven and the inhabitants of the earth. he divide the money correctly and evenly satisfactorily

Last edited:

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
From Arabic language perspective this is totally wrong

Is it possible that God will not guide anyone at the hands of the Mahdi, God willing
It is possible that the Mahdi will have reason to guide others
Not because of Mahdi but Allah's mercy in Mahdi

The scary is that the Shiites inflate the personality of the Mahdi and make him a legendary figure while he is an ordinary person

I pray to God to guide everyone

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From Arabic language perspective this is totally wrong

No, it means exactly that. It's like a path, a path can be called an Imam right? Like a road in Quran is translated as that, but the original word is Imam "by an open road". A book can also lead and guide, can be called an Imam like the Torah is.

But Mahdi has the meaning is he who is the pavement of guidance. I've been explained by A Sunni professor that it has both meanings combined guided guide not that I means "Hadiyal Muhtadi" but that it implies both, it means that he is that pavement of guidance.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's not only that it means guided guide actually it means he is the guidance and there is no way to get guided but that guided Guide. So the Mahdi has even that implied.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Actually it has even a stronger meaning.

In the word you can derive all this:

(1) He is guided
(2) By that guidance others can be guided.
(3) There is no guidance but through Him

It doesn't mean "Muhtadi" or "Rashid" which would mean guided.

It means he is that guided guidance by which God guides others, literally means all that, but like any language hard to translate.

Like cradle is used to guide a baby and move it, the same with the Mahdi, he is God's guided refuge by which he guides others and will guide the whole world to justice!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And I guess (4), a Guidance that is used to guide others by God.....

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also, people the word "arsal" is used through out Quran. See what it means there. Please, look it all the verses about who God sends. They are never normal people but exalted and chosen by God!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it possible that God will not guide anyone at the hands of the Mahdi, God willing

The scary is that the Shiites inflate the personality of the Mahdi and make him a legendary figure while he is an ordinary person

The really scary thing is how Quran emphasizes that God sends chosen ones and no one else, but his exalted beloved chosen, and yet you guys make him to be a normal person.

So God through history uses exalted chosen ones, then stops, and will solve all world problems and establish justice through someone that is not chosen by him.... yeah makes sense!

Limo

Allah directs (better even that guide) us all to do good.
Elmahdi is someone like Salah Eldeen who lead moslems to free Alaqsa from crossaid. He's like Sultan Qutoz who lead Moslems against Mongols.
He'll be the leader of Moslems in last days wars. That's all.

Limo

No, it means exactly that. It's like a path, a path can be called an Imam right? Like a road in Quran is translated as that, but the original word is Imam "by an open road". A book can also lead and guide, can be called an Imam like the Torah is.

But Mahdi has the meaning is he who is the pavement of guidance. I've been explained by A Sunni professor that it has both meanings combined guided guide not that I means "Hadiyal Muhtadi" but that it implies both, it means that he is that pavement of guidance.
Are you native Arabic speaker ?
Are you speaking Arabic fluency?
With respect to you and to Sunni professor.
This is severely wrong Arabic language explanation of the word Elmahdy
There is a Hadeeth that Allah will guide him from a non-good Islam practicing to an excellent practicing Moslem in one night. The is what his neckname is Elmahdy. I.e. the person whom Allah guided him from not a good person to am excellent person.
This is from. Arabic perspective. İf you want to believe in the opposite, if someone convinced You with the opposite, if you like to beleive on the opposite, it's up to you but this is wrong Arabic explanation.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Mahdi is said to be same as Maitreya within the Buddhist teachings :) So if we look at it this way Mahdi will come later similar to what Maitreya will do (mahdi is a different name for Maitreya) But they could be two different beings too

But it seems like Mahdi will use force whereas Maitreya will never use force to deliver the teachings
http://www.cismor.jp/uploads-images...reya-Miroku-Saviors-in-Islam-and-Buddhism.pdf
Yes,Maitreya is another title name of Mahdi. It is correct.
It is a wrong notion that Mahdi will use force. Mahdi* is a follower of Muhammad, and Muhammad never aggressively used force for converting others to his religion, so it is out of question that Mahdi will use force. Using force for spread of Religion is forbidden in Quran.
I agree with one here.

Regards
*"Whereas Islam does not permit that anyone should be converted by force or by threat to one’s life, it is simply absurd to await the appearance of a bloodthirsty Mahdi and Messiah. It is impossible that, contrary to the teaching of the Holy Quran, someone should appear and convert people to Islam by force. Now, this was not something that defied comprehension or was too difficult to understand. Only the ignorant have been led to this belief because of selfishness. Most of our clerics happen to labour under the delusion that wars waged by the Mahdi will bring great wealth, so much so, that they will not be able to handle it. Since most of the Maulvis or Muslim clerics today are so hard up, they are eagerly waiting for the Mahdi to appear, who, they think, will satisfy their baser appetites. Little wonder, therefore, if these people turn against anyone who does not believe in the appearance of such a Mahdi. Such a person is at once denounced as an apostate, and outside the pale of Islam. For these very reasons I too am an apostate in their eyes, since I do not believe in the coming of a bloodthirsty Mahdi and Messiah and I detest such absurd beliefs. But this is not the only reason why they denounce me as an apostate. Of course, I do not believe in the coming of an imaginary Messiah and Mahdi. But there is also an added reason, which is that I have publicly proclaimed that God has revealed to me that the real Promised Messiah who is also the Mahdi, tidings of whose appearance are to be found in the Bible and the Holy Quran and whose coming is also promised in the Ahadith is none other than myself. However, I have come without a sword or a gun; God has commanded me that with meek and gentle humility and peace I should invite people to God Who is True, Eternal and Immutable and is the Most Holy, All-Knowing, EverMerciful, and Just."
Jesus In India | Islam Ahmadiyya by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad page-12 (or 24 of 171)

Last edited: