• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Holy Spirit? How does He answer our questions? How does He feel?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Master Vigil said:
Not sure I'm understanding you. But if you just want me to elaborate, here goes...

So what was the spirit of fire and enlightenment? Well call it what you want. Call it the holy spirit, call it part of the trinity of god. That's all fine. But in the end, it is just one of the most powerful and enlightening fire spirit that I, or anyone I have read about, has encountered. Is it the "spirit of god in this world"? I definitely don't see why not. But I also see ALL spirits as "spirits of god." :D
Thank you MV. That is outstanding. Simply put, I do not tend to think in terms of spirits and was unsure of what you were meaning. At first reading, you seemed to be just brushing it off, but perhaps I was just being hasty. RE: Spirits... you are dead on. I applaud your efforts to understand these issues, in a manner that is well beyond the norm.

adlemi

Hi there I'm Adlemi and I am new in this forum. This topic is a very important one because the Holy Spirit is the testimony of God to us for God to prove to us that He (God) is real and alive. We would like you to know that the Lord God Almighty doesn't change His dealing with people ever since from the very beginning of the history of mankind, that God is still speaking to people today as in the days of the biblical characters. Any one can encounter God like that of Moses and Paul should any one call to and put all his trust and confidence in the Lord God in the right way. We, also, would like to let you know that we can share with you messages we received directly from the Lord God because we encounter the Lord God personally in a manner similar to what happened to Moses and Paul and the teachings about the Holy Spirit is one among the many teachings that we received from the Lord God. Our encounter with the Lord God is still in progress up to this very date.

As the Lord God teaches us, the Holy Spirit is one among the many created spirit beings of God and the Holy Spirit is created for the purpose of our guidance and as testimony of the Lord God to mankind to the reality of God's existence. When we pray or talk to God especially inside our room, the Lord God knows who really calls to Him in the right way and the Lord God send the Holy Spirit to those who truly believe in Him and He fills them with the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit is being poured to the believers in the time they are praying or talking to God, they will feel physically the coming in of the Holy Spirit inside their body and this is the sign for them to know that God is hearing their prayer or God knows exactly what they are talking about. This is the testimony of God to us that everytime we talk to and pray to the Lord God, God will respond to us by filling us with the Holy Spirit for the purpose of proving to us that God is just around watching us all the time. The Holy Spirit is not part of the Godhood because the Holy Spirit is only a created being of God. Aside from the Holy Spirit, the Lord God says that there is another Spirit whose function is to bring sickness to even million of people in just a second of time.

We share this to you for the purpose of telling everyone that the Lord God is just waiting for us people to call to the Lord God in the right way and God will come to us in the physical way. The Lord further says that the bible is just a testimony, also, to Him to prove to us that God is really existing, real and alive.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
hmm.. I feel Creator with me when I pray, dance the circle and otherwise 'worship'.

nice to know that all religions have at thier core that connection to God/Creator/whatever.

wa:do

wmam

Who is the Holy Spirit?

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne came lightnings, and thunders, and voices. And seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of Elohim.

To me the Malakhim is that of the seven arch angels.

How does He answer our questions?

They only reveal what has been revealed to them.

Joh 16:13 “But when He comes, the Spirit of the Truth, He shall guide you into all the truth. For He shall not speak from Himself, but whatever He hears He shall speak, and He shall announce to you what is to come.

How does He feel?

They don't play.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Set-apart Spirit of Elohim, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

God is love

I wrote this in "Trinity Mystery Solved' {placed in bible debate}
I thought I should mention it here because it pertains to the Holy Spirit.
As regarding the "oneness" of Heavenly Father, His Son , Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit,
this oneness is described in Philippians 2:2 {in bible}
"that ye being like minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

They are one on heart {their desires} and thought {their knowledge}.

Heavenly Father,:bounce Jesus Christ {His Son},:bounce and the Holy Spirit :bounce
are one in agreement
2 Corinthians 13:11 {in bible}

"finally brethren,...be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace and the God of love and peace shall be with you."

One reason to believe that this oneness is the same as that of the Father and Son is this...

John 17:11,21 {in bible} Jesus Intercessory Prayer
"...Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one as we are."

"That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me and I in thee, that they also may be one in us that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."

Here Jesus is praying to the Father, not to himself.

Acts 4:32 {in bible} is an example of what Jesus is saying to His Father.
"and the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul."
{They desired and believed the same.}

Philippians 1:27 {in bible}

"...stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel."

John 15:4-10 {in bible} I call it Jesus Valentine to us

"Abide in me and I in you. As the branch can not bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, nor more can you, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches. He that abideth in me and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, for without me ye can do nothing. If ye abide in me and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you, continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love, even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love."

Jesus kept His Father's {the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob's} commandments.

God is love

First of all I want to thank those who posted postive comments. I appreciate the respect the some have expressed towards the Holy Spirit and I'm sure the Holy Spirit appreciats the respect too.

I want to thank "mastervigil" for his perspective that gave insight into a similarity between Taoism and Christianity that I wasn't aware existed.

There was a comment made by another. The comment was really a comment on the title of my post. It seemed that the commentator did not read the post because the commentator didn't realize that the Holy Spirit can be experienced and those who have experienced and felt the effect of the Holy Spirit, know that the Holy Spirit exists and therefore that the Holy Spirit is real. If the commentor realized that then the comment "creating your own reality" wouldn't have been written. It wouldn't have made any rational sense. I understand that those who haven't experienced the Holy Spirit wouldn't realize that the Holy Spirit is real but just because a person hasn't had that kind of experience doesn't mean that that kind of experience doesn't exist. A person talking as if the Holy Spirit didn't exist because that person hasn't experience it, is creating his own or her own reality. They don't believe it because they don't see it but you can't see the wind but we know it's there when it blows though the trees and a ship's sail. We have all seen what a hurrican can do.

You know something exists when you experience it either through sight or sound, taste or smell, tough or FEELING. The Holy Spirit is FELT in the heart. People describe how they feel when they are in love. Love is a feeling. Love isn't visible {other then the behavior of those in love such as hugs and kisses}. Love isn't a sound {other than expressions of love such as "I love you"} Love isn't a taste or smell. Love can be sensed through touch but mostly love is a feeling. The Holy spirit is felt like "being in love".

Would anybody deny the existence of love because it isn't seen? That would be irrational. Love exists, we feel it. The Holy Spirit exists, we can feel it
{when we are reverarnt {respectful} and prepared to receive it}
The Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in unholy temples.
Our body is a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell. To invite the Holy Spirit in
{like for any house guest} we should clean house.

I wondered why a person would comment in such as fashion because this is not a debate room. If people wish to comment thay should at least read the post all the way through. If it is too much to read then it wouldn't be right to comment if all the information hasn't been read. "Be a fact finder before a fault finder"

I want to thank again those that made postive comments about the Holy Spirit. I'm very grateful to you and want you to know that I appreciate you.

You can see that I am very protective ot the Savior and the Holy Ghost. I have stayed up many a night till 3.00 in the morning to defend them. They are sacred to me.
Thanks to anyone who respects that.

I have chosen a boy praying as an avatar because whenever I post, there is a reminder that you can pray about whatever I say, ask, {with repect} Heavenly Father to reveal to you through the Holy spirit what is true and He will do that for you. If you sincerely want to know and would be willing to accept the answer {not biased against} then you will be prepared to receive that answer.

I hope this helps the skeptics but if not then post any negative comments in your own post in debate not here. This is for education, questions or discussion.

I invite all those who have had an experience with the Holy Spirit {that isn't too personal to share} to post here as a tribute to the Holy Spirit and confirmation of it's reality, gifts and benefits.

wmam

God is love said:
The Holy Spirit doesn't dwell in unholy temples.
Our body is a temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell. To invite the Holy Spirit in
{like for any house guest} we should clean house.
If I may, I would like to ask your thoughts on this. What is it to you to clean house? What would one need to do to prepare themselves able to accept the Malakhim?

Hauke

The Holy Prophet Mani also describes the Holy Spirit as a feminine image:
"The fount of every blessing and all the invocations is the mother of life, the first Holy Spirit, the first mother who has come forth from the Father and first appeared, the glorious one who is the beginning of all emanations that have come to this world." (Kephalaia of the Paraclete

Random

On the other hand, contrary to the above, the Holy Spirit could be Sophia, the wisdom of God personified, or even the Virgin Mary in the original equation, her first intended role as the Third Person of the Trinity or the female embodiment of God.

In pre-reform Judaic thought, idolatrous Jews equated the Holy Spirit with the Goddess, in some instances Yahweh's counterpart.

The main reason we say "He" in reference to the Holy Spirit now is because the Latin word for spirit is grammatically masculine, and the emergence of Church Orthodoxy saw this interpretation of Scripture reinforced and the idea of the Holy Spirit as female dropped altogether to preserve the integrity of the patriarchal Trinity.

Today, a good percentage of Roman Catholics petition for the Virgin Mary to be restored to her original place in the Godhead as the Holy Spirit. Maybe something will come of it in a few hundred years if Christianity is still around then. Who knows? :bow: