• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the funniest?

tarasan

who do YOU think is the funiest on the forum??

please who you believe is the case/why/ and perhaps a nice one liner to make us all smile.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you mean intentionally funny or unintentionally funny?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
There are a lot of funny people on the forum. Quagmire is consistently a one man riot. Songbird is hilarious in a way all her own. Kilgore Trout can blow you off your chair sometimes. Spinks has one of the subtlest, but sharpest, most genuinely insightful wits around. croak is a unique genius. Apparently, there's no one else like that raven on the net. Willamena is both pointed and gentle. And watch out when Mister T gets going: The snot will fly out your nose if you're not careful. There are at least a dozen others who could be professional comedians if they had some lucky breaks, busted their butts, and didn't mind starving for a few decades at first.

Last edited:
I've got to hand it to Sunstone, he's hilarious. Hands down, I think he's the funniest forum member. Oh god I'm trying to remember all the things he's said which have literally made me laugh out loud at my computer over the years ....

Although, come to think of it, there are lots of funny people on RF. Some may be as funny as Sunstone. One or two might be funnier, even. I would say Sunstone is definitely the funniest out of the forum members who joined earlier than 2008. That is, if we only include those garnering at least 1,000 posts each consecutive year since joining (2011 inclusive). (Obviously I'm excluding from this list really funny people like Smoke and The Voice of Reason, and anyone with less than 25,000 posts total.) Anyway, I think it's safe to say that within this sub-group, Sunstone has got to be among the top 50 funniest posters.

One thing I am sure of: among the people who joined in 2004 no later than August, whose names contain "Sun" and at least three different vowels, Sunstone is quite arguably funnier than average.

Anyway I'll let you know if I remember any of those funny things he's said ....

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Songbird and Kilgore currently tied for snarky funny.

I challenge Kilgore to a duel for the title. Arm wrestling, perhaps? Should be interesting, as neither of us has arms.

I second Sunstone's list, but I've not yet met Mr. Spinkles. He sure looks funny. And he's clearly an oldie. Looking forward to laughing at him.

Angellous is funny, often at unexpected times, which is always a joy. Sunstone has very enjoyable and amusing stories. With morals, even. Mystic is fun to banter with, and 9-10ths Penguin is funny and full of trivia.

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
Trout.

Bring it. Step up. You've been served. You've Got Mail! No, that's different. Dance, dude.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Quagmire and Sunstone have been two of my favorites from the start when it comes to humor. I think Eliot Wild and Nepenthe are two of the overall funniest posters, but they rarely if ever post anymore. I often enjoy humorous posts by Revoltingest, angellous, monta, Mystic, UV, and Father Heathen - all in different ways. Smoke had some really clever/humorous posts, but it looks like he's gone for good also. Probably others, but that's who came to mind off the top of my head.

Oh, and I suppose that Songbird chick is amusing every now and then.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Much of my humor is situational and doesn't translate well on the Interweb. That said, I did get this spiffy Humor Award to prove I made someone laugh once. Sadly, I was being serious at the time. Oh well. The only one mentioned, thus far, that consistently makes me laugh is Kilgore Troutface. Now, to be fair, I do laugh at many posts, but that's not because I thought they were funny. :)

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I have to agree, Sunstone has made me laugh very many times. I would have to check my given frubals to see how many I gave him because he made me laugh. :)