• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the Antichrist?

According to the Bible?

What I've read...

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

John seems to have a lot to say about the antichrist. Seems they will deny Jesus is Christ and there will be many of them.

Or am I missing some concept? I get the impression that many feel there will be one antichrist, or one main antichrist. So they can say the antichrist is this or that, assuming having identified the antichrist they can fight/defeat the foe they have identified?

Atheism, IMO, neither confirms or denies Jesus is Christ. Is this passive denial?

Does denial of Jesus require active denial? If so, who today denies Jesus is the Christ?

The "antichrist/s" (1 John 2:18) is not inclusive to any one individual/s, but also includes kingdoms, nations, and organizations that are singularly shown to be part of the symbolic description at Revelations 17:8-15, 18; 18:9, 11, 15, 17, 23.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Vee wrote, " The Greek word Antichrist refers to that which is anti, or opposed to, Christ"

And it all started, I figure, with a fake vision that sinful Paul narrated:

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:
  • that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
  • that he was buried,
  • that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.
  • After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time,
most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born."
— 1 Cor. 15:3–8, NIV
Conversion of Paul the Apostle - Wikipedia

Sinful Paul , as I understand, not only did he fake the vision but also faked creeds that became the basis of Pauline-Christianity, and which were against the teachings of the truthful and innocent Jesus. Right friends, please?
And this untruth is going on for some 2000 years, it certainly appears.
Right friends, please?
In the wake of the above, I figure, sinful Paul along-with his associates, the Church he founded and the Christian-priesthood and missionaries collectively could be called the Anti-Christ another name of which is Dajjal- the Deceiver in Islamic Terminology. Right friends, please?

Regards

Anybody, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
According to the Bible?

What I've read...

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.

John seems to have a lot to say about the antichrist. Seems they will deny Jesus is Christ and there will be many of them.

Or am I missing some concept? I get the impression that many feel there will be one antichrist, or one main antichrist. So they can say the antichrist is this or that, assuming having identified the antichrist they can fight/defeat the foe they have identified?

Atheism, IMO, neither confirms or denies Jesus is Christ. Is this passive denial?

Does denial of Jesus require active denial? If so, who today denies Jesus is the Christ?
If one follows Jesus then one is to quote from the book Jesus used to read from and did his acts/ deeds accordingly.
Right, please?

Regards

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If one follows Jesus then one is to quote from the book Jesus used to read from and did his acts/ deeds accordingly.
Right, please?

Regards
Right, please?

Regards

When I was a Christian, the priest/pastor would quote from the Bible then go on to explain what we should do, how we should act. So it really depended on the interpretation by the priest. Realistically, not all priest offered up the same interpretation.

For example, some say Jesus is part of the Trinity. Some say there is no Trinity. Some say it is good to have statues of the Virgin Mary to honor. Others say this is no good.

Ok if you stick to the same Church/Church leader your whole life. I moved around a lot. Actually started looking for a church priest that interpreted quotes from the Bible in a manner I agreed with.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
When I was a Christian, the priest/pastor would quote from the Bible then go on to explain what we should do, how we should act. So it really depended on the interpretation by the priest. Realistically, not all priest offered up the same interpretation.

For example, some say Jesus is part of the Trinity. Some say there is no Trinity. Some say it is good to have statues of the Virgin Mary to honor. Others say this is no good.

Ok if you stick to the same Church/Church leader your whole life. I moved around a lot. Actually started looking for a church priest that interpreted quotes from the Bible in a manner I agreed with.
But did they read read from the book Jesus used to read from and did his acts/ deeds accordingly.
Right, please?

Regards

It is common sense.

Writings are to be interpreted literally. If - as the author - that is not my intent, then I will explicitly tell my readers to interpret my text symbolically.

Your solution of "let's go symbolic" because that will avoid conflict is a cop-out and is without basis. There is *no* indication that the author wanted his text to be interpreted.

congratulations you have rightly denied all the prophets all spoken symbolically and the interpretation of the words confused in other books or religions and most false miracles fall apart like a piece of story about hypocrites who are not worth seeking the truth

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Don't the Atheism people oppose the truthful teachings of Jesus, please? If yes, doesn't it make them antichrist in this sense, please?

Regards