• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Satan to you?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I grew up a Satanist but eventually "evolved" into a Setian, hence, I consider myself both a Setian and Satanist. Asked who or what is Satan to me? I think of who or what is that being known as the Lord or Prince of Darkness? In contemplating this I am always referred to the First Part of the Word of Set which in part defines the Lord of Darkness and his ancient Gift to mankind - the Black Flame:

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set; who fashioned your intelligence as his own and reached forth to exalt you; who entrusted to you dignity of consciousness; who opened your eyes that you might know beauty; who brought you the key to knowledge of all lesser things; and who enshrined in you the Will to Come Into Being. Lift your voices, then, and recognize the Highest of Life who thus proclaims your triumph; whose being is beyond natural life and death; who came as a flame to your world and enlightened your desire for perfection and truth. Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life."

Xeper
/Adramelek\

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Satan is the title given to a certain being by his enemies. He is the Serpent, the Light Bearer, who granted humanity the gift of wisdom and self-determination and is one of our greatest friends and defenders against the parasitic Archons of this planet.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I grew up a Satanist but eventually "evolved" into a Setian, hence, I consider myself both a Setian and Satanist. Asked who or what is Satan to me? I think of who or what is that being known as the Lord or Prince of Darkness? In contemplating this I am always referred to the First Part of the Word of Set which in part defines the Lord of Darkness and his ancient Gift to mankind - the Black Flame:

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe; whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set; who fashioned your intelligence as his own and reached forth to exalt you; who entrusted to you dignity of consciousness; who opened your eyes that you might know beauty; who brought you the key to knowledge of all lesser things; and who enshrined in you the Will to Come Into Being. Lift your voices, then, and recognize the Highest of Life who thus proclaims your triumph; whose being is beyond natural life and death; who came as a flame to your world and enlightened your desire for perfection and truth. Arise thus in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being, for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life."

Xeper
/Adramelek\

Beautifully put!

Xeper
/Adramelek\

:clap:clap:clap

chinu

chinu
@Who is Satan to you?
TIME.

Because, if there wouldn't be TIME, than there wouldn't be a thing like.. "Boredom"

And, if there wouldn't be thing like.. "Boredom", than there wouldn't be any disturbance from any side because everything/anything happens to cover-up "Boredom"

We all/Everything is escaping from "Boredom" :)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
TIME.

Because, if there wouldn't be TIME, than there wouldn't be a thing like.. "Boredom"

And, if there wouldn't be thing like.. "Boredom", than there wouldn't be any disturbance from any side because everything/anything happens to cover-up "Boredom"

We all/Everything is escaping from "Boredom" :)

In the Satanic document, "The Diabolicon" there is a true and timeless principle which states that "without purpose the force of mind must fail." To the immortal Self time has no meaning. Existence without purpose is the true enemy and harbinger of death. Purpose of being, ambition of Will, whether it is ordained and/or self-determined fuels and energizes the Black Flame.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Kaotica

Acosmic Witch
I may have asked this before, but who is Satan to you, a request for only theistic Satanists to answer.

Technically, I am a Theistic Satanist, since the one I owe my allegiance to, fits the title "Satan" better than other titles, including "Lucifer". However, to me, He is known as Exil.

Who is He to me?

He is cosmic and acosmic. He can be a trickster. Elementally, He resembles fire and air. He is a bringer of knowledge. He reveals secrets. He can see into people and grant similar sight to those who seek it. He meets those who petition Him at the crossroads (between the realms). He has gone by many names and titles through history. He is dualistic. He allows foolish ones to be mislead about Him, showing them whatever it is they desire to see in Him. He teaches magic and manipulation. He brings wisdom to those who earn it. He reveals a person's true nature. He can grant some their truest desire. He is not a deity of rules. He can be chaotic. He is genius. For those with a covenant to Him, He pushes us to confront, overcome and then find ecstasy in many of our taboos. He is a god of great pleasures and pains. He also flawlessly fits the title, "Satan" (one of the few titles He's not denied being accurate in my experience) because He doesn't hesitate to call people out, challenge them and even be as a stumbling block in their path. He is also an accuser. He also offers insight and teaches divination. He is a Lord of trials. If I was to assign a planet to Him, it would be Saturn. From what I have learned, He is the author of time and by this, mortality. He is the author of entropy. We have Him to thank for decay. For now, that should be sufficient.