• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Responsible for God(s)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
does anyone need to be responsible for one god, or many gods?

shouldn't a god, or gods, be able to take care of self vs it's believers having to fuss and fight over it?
You can't be a successful god without a congregation.

So if you're a god, you need a good agent to hustle up the crowds for you.

That's why everywhere you have gods, you have a god industry.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Believers are fighting for dear life, while Satanic forces oppressing them. If we fight, we do so to live.

Non believers are fighting for dear life against the religious fanatics that wish us harm, threaten us with eternal torture and try to force their beliefs on us. If we fight we do so to live.

Clara Tea

shouldn't a god, or gods, be able to take care of self vs it's believers having to fuss and fight over it?

All powerful God doesn't need anyone or anything.

God didn't need Abraham to kill son Isaac. (It was a test to see if he understood "thou shalt not kill" just as the 911 attack was a test of us, today. . . God will destroy the world and everyone in it because we failed.

Many theists want to be good and helpful. They are manipulated by Satan (greed, lies, environmental damage, cruelty, etc). They are told that doing things Satan's way is God's way. . . it isn't. Satan says that he's fighting the "Axis of Evil" (he made that up, there is no Axis of Evil). Satan says that we have to give welfare to the rich because it will trickle down and help the poor. Satan says that Jesus wants us to not cure everyone (universal health care, or Obamacare), but that is certainly not the way Jesus behaved.

God doesn't need us, but God wants us to be saved. But, mankind sins again, again, and again.

Clara Tea

Non believers are fighting for dear life against the religious fanatics that wish us harm, threaten us with eternal torture and try to force their beliefs on us. If we fight we do so to live.
Historically correct.

Hitler was an anti-Jew fanatic (not so much a fanatic about the Christianity that he was raised with).

Clara Tea

Depends on the nature of God's, really.
The book 'Small Gods' (Terry Pratchett) paints a picture of God's being dependant on believers.

I don't believe in any God's, so it's kinda all hypothetical from my point of view, but it's possible.

God (the big one) insists that no one worship any other. This is because, when God commands, he does so for our benefit (he sees the future and isn't trying to harm us). If we worshipped another God or another concept (like the worship of money. . . mammon), we might ignore God, tell lies about Global Warming, frack, drill offshore, make a lot of oil pipelines, etc.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Believers are fighting for dear life, while Satanic forces oppressing them. If we fight, we do so to live.

It's the Pharaoh and Abu Lahab of our time and his forces that choose to oppress believers for sheerly the fact they believe in their Lord.

Dehumanising one's opponents, both real and imagined, has been a key concept of war propoganda since as far back as I'm aware...and in terms of military history, that's a long way.

As a believer in eternal life, why do you feel the need to dehumanise other people, or fight against them 'to live'?

Ultimately the OP is asking why your God would require you to do this.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You can't be a successful god without a congregation.

So if you're a god, you need a good agent to hustle up the crowds for you.

That's why everywhere you have gods, you have a god industry.

Have you read Small God's? This post makes me think you might appreciate it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
God (the big one) insists that no one worship any other. This is because, when God commands, he does so for our benefit (he sees the future and isn't trying to harm us). If we worshipped another God or another concept (like the worship of money. . . mammon), we might ignore God, tell lies about Global Warming, frack, drill offshore, make a lot of oil pipelines, etc.

Your God (the big one) might have been a little clearer with his messaging. 45000 Christian denominations, various Islamic schools (and one heckuva schism) and Judaism alone means you have literally billions who would agree God insists we worship no other, but don't agree on how.

There are plenty of earnest believers making all sorts of decisions directly at odds with other earnest believers.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science of men exact.

Cosmic history formed lots of God types by substances.

Men in science named the gods named the substances

Human man's nation God is his owned tribal man DNA. As humans only.

That by fallout kept changing in nation as new DNA tribal family then by sex.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dehumanising one's opponents, both real and imagined, has been a key concept of war propoganda since as far back as I'm aware...and in terms of military history, that's a long way.

As a believer in eternal life, why do you feel the need to dehumanise other people, or fight against them 'to live'?

Ultimately the OP is asking why your God would require you to do this.

It's reality. Satan and his forces are not being nice to us. They are oppressing us and we are holding to dear life. If we don't fight, we will face more severe oppression.

Without resistance, what we face will be worse.

Giving the enemy the right to kill you while you do nothing back, is not good, it's evil and cowardness.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

My most sincere answer is that gods are expected to take care of themselves, but believers have an inescapable (if often neglected and even denied outright) duty of responsibility towards their conceptions of their deities.

Clara Tea

Don't blame me. I'm old, but I wasn't around during much of the bible activities. Besides, I have an alibi. . . I am in the religious forum posting sometimes, so I can't be other places.

Clara Tea

It's reality. Satan and his forces are not being nice to us. They are oppressing us and we are holding to dear life. If we don't fight, we will face more severe oppression.

Without resistance, what we face will be worse.

Giving the enemy the right to kill you while you do nothing back, is not good, it's evil and cowardness.

What about those who worship Satan? Don't they have a right to their religion, too? They believe that Satan merely wants them to sing and dance (compared to the Puritans who believe that such things are evil).

Clara Tea

ONLY IN MYTHOLOGY DO GODS NEED TAKEN CARE OF:

I doubt we agree on much, in terms of religion. But this we agree on.

I think that Cupid (the naked little boy cherub who flies around shooting people in the heart to make them fall in love) might need an occasional diaper. You don't want some sloppy little boy flying overhead.

It seems to me that shooting someone in the heart might be painful and that might ruin the mood for love.