• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is really the god of this World?

agorman

Premium Member
Everytime I read "the god of this World" I think of Gaia, Mother Earth, Shekhinah, etc. :D Do you think Abrahamic religions due to sexism referred to the femenine/negative/yin side of God as evil and so they gave her the name Satan?

Hinduism has Durga as the Goddess of material nature and Kali (not Goddess Kali) as the evil ruler of this age (although the label "evil" maybe depends on who's talking). Do you think that has to do with Satan?

Moreover I found out the serpent is a symbol of underworld/chthonic/earth divinity. Nothing really evil; just a part of Nature.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Interesting insights. In some takes of Satanism, Satan is viewed as the Ruler of our innermost Wills. He is most concerned with the realization of individual human destiny and encourages us along a certain path that leads to divinization.

Diane Vera has a nice take on it: Theology of the Church of Azazel

rusra02

Premium Member
Everytime I read "the god of this World" I think of Gaia, Mother Earth, Shekhinah, etc. :D Do you think Abrahamic religions due to sexism referred to the femenine/negative/yin side of God as evil and so they gave her the name Satan?

Hinduism has Durga as the Goddess of material nature and Kali (not Goddess Kali) as the evil ruler of this age (although the label "evil" maybe depends on who's talking). Do you think that has to do with Satan?

Moreover I found out the serpent is a symbol of underworld/chthonic/earth divinity. Nothing really evil; just a part of Nature.

Jesus spoke of the ruler of this world, applying the term to Satan. ( John 14:30) Elsewhere, Satan is called "the god of this system of things." (2 Corinthians 4:4)
That truth explains the terrible evils that fill the earth today, IMO. Satan is wicked and merciless, and only interested in himself. And I believe it is as 1 John 5:19 affirms:" the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."

agorman

Premium Member
wicked and merciless, and only interested in himself.

Hey, but those sound like common human characteristics! Especially noticeable in politicians and many successful businessmen. Even in many small kids.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Hey, but those sound like common human characteristics! Especially noticeable in politicians and many successful businessmen. Even in many small kids.

Actually characteristics like ruthless and immoral are found in Yahwehs.

By totaling up the exact number of times Yahweh ha skilled you reach 2,821,364 and if you include the estimated number of people who lived during the time of the floor using historical data you get around 30,821,364 and Satan has killed only 10 roughly.

omnifarious

Acolyte of Revelation

"The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and LIVE."

-Numbers 21:8
And sometimes as a symbol for life.

Last edited: