• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Is Really Running The Country?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'd rather not have a repeat of the Obama years.

Overhyped, overrated presidency.

Yeah, that is the fate of an empire in decline. But fear not, when the young ones take over, you will be run by psychopaths and narcissists. Then it will go even faster. :D
That is my expert analysis and you can't teach me anything, because I know best. ;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, that is the fate of an empire in decline. But fear not, when the young ones take over, you will be run by psychopaths and narcissists. Then it will go even faster. :D
That is my expert analysis and you can't teach me anything, because I know best. ;)
Actually I think your right.

This world is on a steady track towards a dystopian dark ages.

Don't forget to take your joy!

esmith

Veteran Member
I hear ya, as we've seen over and over again partisan political positions dominating over what Jesus taught. When over 60% of people who say that they still believe in Trump, then those churches are simply preaching a counter-"gospel", especially since Jesus strongest emphasis was on belief and moral character. This is the emphasis of his Sermon On the Mount and his Parable of the Sheep & Goats a well as most other parables.
Why are you always bringing religion into the discussion when it has nothing to do with religion?

esmith

Veteran Member
I hear ya, as we've seen over and over again partisan political positions dominating over what Jesus taught. When over 60% of people who say that they still believe in Trump, then those churches are simply preaching a counter-"gospel", especially since Jesus strongest emphasis was on belief and moral character. This is the emphasis of his Sermon On the Mount and his Parable of the Sheep & Goats a well as most other parables.

Why are you always bringing religion into the discussion when it has nothing to do with religion?

Can you explain that?
See highlighted section of @metis post above.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ok, maybe @metis has a point that I don't understand and you seem to imply that it does, so educate me.

Okay, here is a version of a description of what religion is in practice:
What is Religion?
The key part is this:
"Religion is the most comprehensive and intensive manner of valuing known to human beings."

So in effect when you claim something is import, you are doing an intensive manner of valuing. And as far as I can tell, this is important to you and thus you can ground it as a core value. That is the point.

Even I as a non-religious person in the standard understanding of religion, am still religious as per above.

esmith

Veteran Member
Okay, here is a version of a description of what religion is in practice:
What is Religion?
The key part is this:
"Religion is the most comprehensive and intensive manner of valuing known to human beings."

So in effect when you claim something is import, you are doing an intensive manner of valuing. And as far as I can tell, this is important to you and thus you can ground it as a core value. That is the point.

Even I as a non-religious person in the standard understanding of religion, am still religious as per above.
Doesn't make sense to me.....
So, I still stand by my statement.