• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Putin

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Short video which I found interesting.

Especially the part where Bush claims to have gotten a sense of Putin's soul.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Russian-evolution.JPG

FI-NPkXWYAI5Mc7.jpg

YBYLFAQ3ONBEBLHBFWMCPLUTNU.jpg

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I came across this article (from 2017):

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/the-secret-source-of-putins-evil

The point is that Dostoevsky very clearly delineates right from wrong in a distinctly Manichaean way. Russia, the old Russia, is good, pure — childlike or diminutive, in a way. The West is bad. It’s not simply that it’s a rival civilization, an economic or geopolitical competitor; it’s that the West is impure and, when introduced into the Russian bloodstream, toxic. A Dostoyevskean vozhd, or leader, knows Russia is good and the West is not, and presumably he has learned by this late date that the only way to keep the West out is to overcome it, to expedite its undoing. The more Western leaders, and especially American presidents, talk about resetting relations with Moscow, the more the Dostoevskian president distrusts them. He hates them, and any so-called Russian president who doesn’t is a traitor or a buffoon. (Exhibit A: Gorbachev. Exhibit B: Yeltsin.) Putin’s goal is not just a little more turf. Russia has a lot of that. His telos — his endgame — is the destabilization, the overcoming, of the whole Western order.

So perhaps we can blame Dostoevsky for Putin and his lusting after the old Russia which was so unlike the West. And perhaps why it so appeals to many Russians - who seem to have this rather large chip on their collective shoulders. His macho image that he likes to project to the Russian people (many in the West probably just laugh at such) seems to align with the above, but then strong leaders are often a necessity in an authoritarian state.

If the above is true then we might be in for more of a confrontation than just some local war, and where Putin really does intend to have a major confrontation, even as to carnage. :oops:

Feel my love for him?

JIMMY12345

Get a copy of Catherine Belton's : Putin's People if you can or have not one already.
Do not lend it to anyone. You will never get it back.