• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Jesus?

Bishka

Veteran Member
beckysoup61 said:
This isn't from the LDS Church's website, so guess what, it's not official. Try again buddy, what are you trying to prove?

And I also love how the Bible is compared to all the others, it's not like the Bible is perfect. I'd be more impressed if they could link back to the Churches official site, but then again, nobody ever does, because they obviously know so much about the LDS Church that they can just say whatever they want and of course it's our doctrine. *Sigh*:bonk:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Not entirely accurate. I answered column E which is supposedly Atheist - sorry, I'm not an atheist. :)

After reading the title of the page, "The Jesus of the LDS Church Is Not The Biblical Jesus" it is obvious this website is nothing more and an anti-LDS website. So why should we bother to believe any of it?

Since the link given is to a website that bashes another religion, this thread has been moved to the Debates.

joeboonda

While the 'site' itself is from a Bible-only view, the chart itself represents 5 different religions or belief systems. I am not intending to 'bash' anyone's beliefs with the chart itself, just to show the difference in what we believe about who Jesus is. Sorry if anyone got upset, that is not and is never my intent.

Bishka

Veteran Member
joeboonda said:
While the 'site' itself is from a Bible-only view, the chart itself represents 5 different religions or belief systems. I am not intending to 'bash' anyone's beliefs with the chart itself, just to show the difference in what we believe about who Jesus is. Sorry if anyone got upset, that is not and is never my intent.

Well, like Maize said, it's defintley a site to try to prove that we don't worship the same Christ. I see that we do, but, I see that we just pereceive Him differently. You see Him in the Trinity, I see Him as a seperate being, but He is the same person, just pereceived differently. It's not like that makes a huge difference. He still loves us both, He preaches the same message for both our Churches, He died for both of us, how is that so different?:)

Ori

Angel slayer
Jesus is Jesus and is seen as many things, saviour, son of God, God himself, false prophet, Satan, a good man trying to make sense of the world, the first jewish buddhist, etc

As long as people try to follow his lead and offer love in the face of all adversity, his gift to the world will never be forgotten.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
joeboonda said:
the chart itself represents 5 different religions or belief systems

Which are not entirely accurate.

I am not intending to 'bash' anyone's beliefs with the chart itself, just to show the difference in what we believe about who Jesus is.
For what purpose? I think it's commonly known that different religions view Jesus differently.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Orichalcum said:
Jesus is Jesus and is seen as many things, saviour, son of God, God himself, false prophet, Satan, a good man trying to make sense of the world, the first jewish buddhist, etc

As long as people try to follow his lead and offer love in the face of all adversity, his gift to the world will never be forgotten.

Right on. Thank you.

SoyLeche

meh...
The compartmentalizing is entirely innacurate. For example - "Jesus Came From..." - I'd have to say that both columns B and C represent what the LDS church believes. And we've already had quite a discussion about Jesus' conception - so we don't need to go into that again, unless you really want to. The LDS church has no official stance on Jesus' marital status. There are examples of people in the Book of Mormon praying to Jesus. The salvation compartment is WAY oversimplified.

Just a suggestion, drop the strawman. If you want to discuss any of these, let's do it. That chart, however, is very inadequate.

joeboonda

I was actually doing a study on repentance when I ran across the site and chart. I thought the chart clarified pretty well what different people believe about Jesus. It is a question that we must all answer, who is Jesus and what are we going to do with Him? This WAS in the Christian area, for Christians to ponder, to see if there is a possibility that someone has preached to us 'another Jesus' of whom the Bible says not to follow. But to non-believers I would say Jesus was more than a great teacher who's ways and ideas of love we should follow, but He Himself said He must die for our sins, that we are forgiven through his blood, by believing that He paid our sin debt. To Mormons or JWs I would say, I feel this chart shows some HUGE differences in the Jesus we believe in, insomuch that it is something definetely worth examining as our eternal salvation depends on Jesus, the right Jesus. Anyway, it was just to get us to thinking about Jesus and talking about Him, whatever column your answers fall under.

SoyLeche

meh...
joeboonda said:
I was actually doing a study on repentance when I ran across the site and chart. I thought the chart clarified pretty well what different people believe about Jesus. It is a question that we must all answer, who is Jesus and what are we going to do with Him? This WAS in the Christian area, for Christians to ponder, to see if there is a possibility that someone has preached to us 'another Jesus' of whom the Bible says not to follow. But to non-believers I would say Jesus was more than a great teacher who's ways and ideas of love we should follow, but He Himself said He must die for our sins, that we are forgiven through his blood, by believing that He paid our sin debt. To Mormons or JWs I would say, I feel this chart shows some HUGE differences in the Jesus we believe in, insomuch that it is something definetely worth examining as our eternal salvation depends on Jesus, the right Jesus. Anyway, it was just to get us to thinking about Jesus and talking about Him, whatever column your answers fall under.
Except that it doesn't, and it doesn't.

joeboonda

That is a matter of opinion, which is fine and I actually hope that somehow you and I do indeed worship the same Jesus, but we certainly believe VERY different things about Him and about other important doctrinal issues as we all very well know.

Squirt

joeboonda said:
That is a matter of opinion, which is fine and I actually hope that somehow you and I do indeed worship the same Jesus, but we certainly believe VERY different things about Him and about other important doctrinal issues as we all very well know.
You don't have a clue what we believe about Jesus. All you know is what your anti-Mormon websites say we believe about Him. And let me tell you, what we believe about Him and what your convoluted sources say we believe about Him are "VERY different things."

kassi

The only bashing going on here is towards Joeboonda. This is a religious forum and if we were all in agreement there would be no forum.

Squirt

kassi said:
The only bashing going on here is towards Joeboonda. This is a religious forum and if we were all in agreement there would be no forum.
That's not correct. The website joeboonda posted is clearly an anti-Mormon one. It distorts and misrepresents the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The LDS posters on this forum respect joeboonda's right to disagree with our beliefs. What we object to is his having the audacity to post information that does not accurately state what our beliefs are. Does that make sense?