• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is God?

kadzbiz

This appears to be a pointless thread. I mean, you ask a question, then answer it yourself, then give us a hint to what you believe the answer is, even though you've already given what you believe is the answer. It doesn't make sense, which is also my answer to your question.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
This appears to be a pointless thread. I mean, you ask a question, then answer it yourself, then give us a hint to what you believe the answer is, even though you've already given what you believe is the answer. It doesn't make sense, which is also my answer to your question.

The point of the thread is a method to escape a self-imposed limitation.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Did I complain? I was making an observation.

No worries, I didn't read it that way. I appreciate that you replied. I encourage you to read the question in multiple ways. There's more than one way to understand it.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
George Burns, obviously ... חג פסח שמח

Oh god, you devil... :innocent: / :smilingimp:

Screenshot_20230410_072523.jpg

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Maybe you should write out all the ways. That would save people misreading it.

That would be counter productive. If I make a list it would be more difficult to escape the need for definition.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
No, it's a way to experience a form of freedom.
My literal autistic brain don't get it. So my poetic I've adapted to metaphors brain is kicking in...

Do you mean like you can't describe God with restrictions?

Or whatever you perceive God as is God?

Edit:
Legit my literal brain is like Who is a name here...thats how my brain is interpeting it even tho I know thats not what you meant.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Maybe im supposed to answer the question then the question is the answer?
Who is God?
This is a monotheism thread. I'm polytheistic...so how would I answer this as a montheist?well in monothiestic religions God is typically powerful, a creator, benevolent, and loving. Also god can't be confined to human understanding as humans aren't God...But how does that become the question?

Edit: am i thinking too literal here?