• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is God Almighty?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you cannot deny, does it mean you believe that HaShem aka the Primal Cause caused the Universe to exist? If you
do not believe it, you deny; if you deny it, you are contradicting yourself. How's gonna be?
Ah, you are trying my trick, with all jokes aside, let be truthful we don't truly know, there had to be some form of energy behind it all, but to call that energy god, or HaShem aka is just silly, you could call it anything you want, and that will not be what is, can you admit that ?.

Ben Avraham

Wow. That would be great. "He never even dreamed the NT would ever rise." In fact he did: Matthew 26:8-13 New International Version (NIV) When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. “This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.” Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

The Hellenistic guy who wrote the gospel of Matthew was not Matthew the Apostle of Jesus if you read Mat. 9:9. The author had never seen Jesus. Every thing he wrote was from hear-say. Therefore, Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT. Now, regarding the anointing of a living person in preparation for burial it has never been part of the Jewish culture. We do not anoint a living Jew in preparation for burial but only after death in preparation for the tomb. It means the gospel of Matthew could not have been written by a Jew. And last but not least, the woman who anointed Jesus with a costly perfume was Mary Magdalene, Jesus' wife. When a woman loves a man as Mary loved Jesus, money was not accounted for as the perfume was concerned. It means the disciples of Jesus would not have
complained that it was a waste of money to use such a costly perfume.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
"Who is god?" puts the cart ahead of the horse ... it is abjectly foolish without first demonstrating that there is a god and what that god is. You've gone and bought your kitchen cabinets before you've even prepped the building site for the slab pour.

Ben Avraham

Ah, you are trying my trick, with all jokes aside, let be truthful we don't truly know, there had to be some form of energy behind it all, but to call that energy god, or HaShem aka is just silly, you could call it anything you want, and that will not be what is, can you admit that ?.

I did not use Physics to affirm that the Primal Cause caused the Universe to exist. I used Logic. Do you have any idea
what Logic is by definition? If you don't remember its definition from the top of your head, look it up in the dictionary.

Ben Avraham

"Who is god?" puts the cart ahead of the horse ... it is abjectly foolish without first demonstrating that there is a god and what that god is. You've gone and bought your kitchen cabinets before you've even prepped the building site for the slab pour.

As I can see, you do not believe in the Primal Cause. No problem if you can provide me with the following explanation: Since the Universe has an age, it is only obvious that it had a beginning. Since it could not have caused itself to exist, some thing or Some One must have caused the Universe to exist. If you have noticed, I am making use of Logic. Can we start from there? If you agree with me, we might have a lot to learn from each other. Your turn!

MJFlores

I said, "Hellenistic" doctrines of the NT, not of Jesus. Jesus never had any thing to do with the NT. He never even dreamed the NT would ever rise. If he was an Israelite born in Bethlehem, why do you guys struggle so hard to make of him a Christian? And, according to whom are the prophecies of Isaiah about him, you or the NT? Alas! what's the difference! Let's make a deal. You mention to me a prophecy which you assume to be about Jesus and, if a fail to tell you with Biblical evidences what the prophecy is about, I'll become a Christian as you are. Do we have a deal?

@Ben Avraham - even if I prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, you should must have faith to be a Christian. It would take time, take some baby steps. You have been a Jew for quite sometime now so please take your time.

The Lord Jesus Christ was a Jew. He founded a church. It was in accordance with the new covenant - written down by the prophet Jeremiah

Jeremiah 31:31-32 New International Version (NIV)

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.

It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.

So it was not like the covenant which God made with the ancient Israelite - it is different. Very different - it required the Lord Jesus to be the mediator of the new covenant as we can read in:

Hebrews 9:15 New International Version (NIV)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Judaism is still using the old covenant - the promise land is the New Jerusalem not Israel with Tel Aviv as capital. It is something better.

I recommend that you read the Book of John - for starters to understand who the Lord Jesus is. I'm sure you could get hold of a new testament bible and then ask yourself - Could it be true? Could he be the Messiah? Could it be that Judaism is now obsolete because of the new covenant?

Hebrews 8:6-13 New International Version (NIV)

But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Ben Avraham

@Ben Avraham - even if I prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, you should must have faith to be a Christian. It would take time, take some baby steps. You have been a Jew for quite sometime now so please take your time. The Lord Jesus Christ was a Jew. He founded a church. It was in accordance with the new covenant - written down by the prophet Jeremiah 31:31-32 New International Version (NIV) “The days are coming,” declares the Lord “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenantto the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said: “The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord. This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. So it was not like the covenant which God made with the ancient Israelite - it is different. Very different - it required the Lord Jesus to be the mediator of the new covenant as we can read in: Hebrews 9:15 New International Version (NIV) For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritancenow that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. Judaism is still using the old covenant - the promise land is the New Jerusalem not Israel with Tel Aviv as capital. It is something better. I recommend that you read the Book of John - for starters to understand who the Lord Jesus is. I'm sure you could get hold of a new testament bible and then ask yourself - Could it be true? Could he be the Messiah? Could it be that Judaism is now obsolete because of the new covenant? Hebrews 8:6-13 New International Version (NIV) But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior. Okay, the Lord made a New Covenant.

Yes, the Lord did make a New Covenant but, with whom the Jews or the Gentiles? The Jews. So, why are you concerned about something HaShem made with the Jews if you are not a Jew? The Lord did turn away from the Jews but for a short while. (Jeremiah 46:28) Why do you care that the previous covenant was turned obsolete if the New one was made with the Jews and not Gentiles? You are not Jewish, are you? So! According to whom Jesus was the mediator of the New Covenant, you or the NT? Who decided so, if you can prove it with a quote? Aha! So, Jesus died to set the Jews free from the sins committed under the first covenant! So Jesus did not die for the Gentiles, right? Now, I understand Mat. 10:5,6 when Jesus forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles aka Samaritans. Thank you for reminding us of that truth!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I did not use Physics to affirm that the Primal Cause caused the Universe to exist. I used Logic. Do you have any idea
what Logic is by definition? If you don't remember its definition from the top of your head, look it up in the dictionary.
Don't be smart, logic doesn't work in something that is completely unknown, how do you know, we only can know through our senses, you are being too arrogant on this subject, you just don't want to admit you really don't know.

Ekleipsis

I've always felt the topic is unnecessarily complicated

A human, indwelt with the spirit of God, that in turn is shared by all mankind

AKA " The Holy spirit "

For me, it's no more complicated than that, although it has a history in Mesopotamia outside the Bible that most are unfamiliar with

Sapiens

Polymathematician
As I can see, you do not believe in the Primal Cause. No problem if you can provide me with the following explanation: Since the Universe has an age, it is only obvious that it had a beginning. Since it could not have caused itself to exist, some thing or Some One must have caused the Universe to exist. If you have noticed, I am making use of Logic. Can we start from there? If you agree with me, we might have a lot to learn from each other. Your turn!
When you pose the question as something other than an argument from ignorance, we might have something to talk about. Until then, meditate on the mobius strip, the klien bottle and the regular convex 4-polytopes, as well as how many dimensions there are to the universe that you've never considered.

Ben Avraham

When you pose the question as something other than an argument from ignorance, we might have something to talk about. Until then, meditate on the mobius strip, the klien bottle and the regular convex 4-polytopes, as well as how many dimensions there are to the universe that you've never considered.

And as usual, there is no way to get an answer from an atheist. As usual, you have not given me a single word for an answer about what or Who caused the Universe to exist. All the paraphernalia added to discard what I asked has nothing to do with my question. Just in case you did not understand my question, let me ask it from another angle. Let's call it Genetic Causality. Tell me, did you cause yourself to exist? Logically, if you understand what I mean, the answer is "No". To cause yourself to exist, you had to exist to do so. Since you already existed, you would have no need to further cause yourself to exist. Bottom line, you could not have caused yourself to exist. Only two human beings who preceded you caused yourself to exist; your parents; and your parents? Their parents; and their parents? Their parents. Instead of going back by steps, jump all the way back and tell me who caused the very first parents to exist? Someone that preceded them if you are not operating under the power of atheistic preconceived notions. The name is the Primal Cause aka the first One to cause. Your turn.

Ben Avraham

I've always felt the topic is unnecessarily complicated. A human, indwelt with the spirit of God, that in turn is shared by all mankind. AKA " The Holy spirit " For me, it's no more complicated than that, although it has a history in Mesopotamia outside the Bible that most are unfamiliar with

If you are talking about Abraham, the human indwelled by the Holy Spirit came from Mesopotamia, Ur of the Chaldeans and that's not outside the Bible, and Jews in general are not unfamiliar with.

Ben Avraham

Don't be smart, logic doesn't work in something that is completely unknown, how do you know, we only can know through our senses, you are being too arrogant on this subject, you just don't want to admit you really don't know.

Listen Psychoslice, how can I admit something you don't know what you are talking about? First, answer my question. If it makes any sense, I could or not admit what I claim to know. For heaven's sake, how long more do I have to struggle, squeezing an answer out of you! Whom did you learn to be so resilient from, the atheists!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Listen Psychoslice, how can I admit something you don't know what you are talking about? First, answer my question. If it makes any sense, I could or not admit what I claim to know. For heaven's sake, how long more do I have to struggle, squeezing an answer out of you! Whom did you learn to be so resilient from, the atheists!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
How can you of all people squeeze anything from me, all your trying to do is to get your own way just ;like it has through this whole conversation, well my friend you cannot do that, maybe with a half wit but not I.

Ben Avraham

@Ben Avraham - even if I prove that the Lord Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah, you should must have faith to be a Christian. It would take time, take some baby steps. You have been a Jew for quite sometime now so please take your time.

The Lord Jesus Christ was a Jew. He founded a church. It was in accordance with the new covenant - written down by the prophet Jeremiah

Jeremiah 31:31-32 New International Version (NIV)

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant

because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,”
declares the Lord.

So it was not like the covenant which God made with the ancient Israelite - it is different. Very different - it required the Lord Jesus to be the mediator of the new covenant as we can read in:

Hebrews 9:15 New International Version (NIV)

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Judaism is still using the old covenant - the promise land is the New Jerusalem not Israel with Tel Aviv as capital. It is something better.

I recommend that you read the Book of John - for starters to understand who the Lord Jesus is. I'm sure you could get hold of a new testament bible and then ask yourself - Could it be true? Could he be the Messiah? Could it be that Judaism is now obsolete because of the new covenant?

Hebrews 8:6-13 New International Version (NIV)

But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:

“The days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them,
declares the Lord
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Try it anyways! Prove to me that Jesus was the Messiah. My deal with you is still good.

MJFlores

Try it anyways! Prove to me that Jesus was the Messiah. My deal with you is still good.

Don't do that unless you are 100% convinced.
Jumping from one faith to another requires - a strong leap of faith.

For starters these are some of the bible verses about Jesus the Messiah
  • Messiah was to be born at Bethlehem: Micah 5:2 (Micah 5:1 in Hebrew Bible)
  • Messiah would be from the tribe of Judah: Genesis 49:10
  • Messiah would present himself by riding on a donkey: Zechariah 9:9
  • Messiah would be tortured to death: Psalm 22:1-31
  • Messiah would arrive before the destruction of the Second Temple: Daniel 9:24-27
  • Messiah’s life would match a particular description, including suffering, silence at his arrest and trial, death and burial in a rich man’s tomb, and resurrection: Isaiah 52:13-53:12

The Lord Jesus Christ is alive, he was lifted up in heaven and is now with Elijah the prophet and Enoch. He is due to return in the future before "the end of all things" (Zephaniah 1) to save his church.

Christianity is divided into sects and denominations - each is has its own doctrines - majority non biblical that is how I see it.

Oh, about the Hellenistic issue like the Lord Jesus mentioning "Hades" or "Church (ekklesia)" was because after his death, the Gentiles and other races (Greeks and Romans and people in the "ends of the earth") are going to be members of the Church of Christ

Ben Avraham

Don't do that unless you are 100% convinced. Jumping from one faith to another requires - a strong leap of faith. For starters these are some of the bible verses about Jesus the Messiah. Messiah was to be born at Bethlehem: Micah 5:2 (Micah 5:1 in Hebrew Bible) Messiah would be from the tribe of Judah: Genesis 49:10 Messiah would present himself by riding on a donkey: Zechariah 9:9. Messiah would be tortured to death: Psalm 22:1-31 Messiah would arrive before the destruction of the Second Temple: Daniel 9:24-27. Messiah’s life would match a particular description, including suffering, silence at his arrest and trial, death and burial in a rich man’s tomb, and resurrection: Isaiah 52:13-53:12

The Lord Jesus Christ is alive, he was lifted up in heaven and is now with Elijah the prophet and Enoch. He is due to return in the future before "the end of all things" (Zephaniah 1) to save his church. Christianity is divided into sects and denominations - each is has its own doctrines - majority non biblical that is how I see it. Oh, about the Hellenistic issue like the Lord Jesus mentioning "Hades" or "Church (ekklesia)" was because after his death, the Gentiles and other races (Greeks and Romans and people in the "ends of the earth") are going to be members of the Church of Christ

I am 100% convinced that you will not succeed. David was also born in Bethlehem and thousands of other Jews, and
David became a King in Israel. Jesus was born in Bethlehem and never became a king in Israel. Therefore, that's one
evidence that he was not the Messiah.

I am of the kind of Jews who believe in the collective concept of Messiah. The Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not! The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Then, if you read Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23.

Messiah is supposed to have been from the Tribe of Judah. Was Jesus from the Tribe of Judah? He had to be a biological son of Joseph to be from the Tribe of Judah. Joseph was the one from the Tribe of Judah. The NT denies that Jesus was a biological son of Joseph by making him a son of God with Mary. (Mat. 1:18)

The Messiah is the fulfillment of the Scapegoat and the Scapegoat was sent to Azazel alive, not dead. The only thing you have to prove that Jesus is alive is faith. I have History to prove to you that he has been dead for about 2000 years. He was a Jew and, as a Jew, he would not contradict his own gospel which was the Tanach which denies bodily resurrection if you read II Samuel 12:23; Psalms 49:12,20; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc. And, as a Jew, he did not have a church but a Synagogue. Paul was the one who founded the Christian Church if you read Acts 11:26.