• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who is dhumavati ???

• shri lakshmi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shri parvati

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
I think what it is, is a metaphor for opposites. For example, you can't have good fortune and riches (material and spiritual) where there is poverty and misery. Likewise, when you have good fortune and are not poor you're probably not miserable and unhappy. Misfortune and misery cannot exist where there is good fortune and joy. So this morphed into two goddesses of opposite traits.

I've read the myth that Lakshmi and Saraswati "fight" and cannot be together. The reasoning is that when one has a great deal of wealth, wisdom usually goes out the window, or at the very least, one no longer cares for learning; when one is artistic, one is usually poor. That may have been true 2,500 years ago but I don't think it's true today. Maybe I'll put pictures or statues of Maa Saraswati and Maa Lakshmi together and see what happens. Maybe I'll learn how to invest wisely. :D Seriously, I think it's a matter of one's perspective. Say what you will about Donald Trump, but the man has the knowledge of making money.

Lakshmi and Saraswati not fight together this is false myth story :) and i see in eso maa lokkhi
Lakshmi and Saraswati are kind sister

Shantanu

Human beings fight among themselves, and these acts are motivated by the gods in their consciousness, so it is reasonable to speculate that the gods and goddesses also fight among themselves. Of course we know that some gods are called devas while others are called asuras and there are mythological stories of fights. They must fight to maintain their followings among us humans.:D

Human beings fight among themselves, and these acts are motivated by the gods in their consciousness, so it is reasonable to speculate that the gods and goddesses also fight among themselves. Of course we know that some gods are called devas while others are called asuras and there are mythological stories of fights. They must fight to maintain their followings among us humans.:D

yes , i dont believed false story but demon and asur male kali demon and asur are mind control to human

Because Do not understand the truth

we live near end time and kali yuga (dark age )
and
i believed truth (satya)story

male kali demon asur is violence
all GOD is non violence

the truth will set you free:D:fourleaf::fourleaf::fourleaf::fourleaf:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
yes , i dont believed false story but demon and asur male kali demon and asur are mind control to human
Because Do not understand the truth
we live near end time and kali yuga (dark age )
and
i believed truth (satya) story
male kali demon asur is violence
all GOD is non violence

the truth will set you free:D:fourleaf::fourleaf::fourleaf::fourleaf:
Are you selling something? Proselytizing? Male Kali demon? What is that? And why make the font big? The Kali Yuga will continue for another 425,000 years as per common Hindu belief. You got your figures from Yogananda or who else?

Are you selling something? Proselytizing? Male Kali demon? What is that? And why make the font big? The Kali Yuga will continue for another 425,000 years as per common Hindu belief. You got your figures from Yogananda or who else?
i know what truth and what false

i dont like small font and my keyboard mouse are new and so fast :)
i dont get from Yogananda etc? i think my self and i read bible and bhagavat geeta in google

why we living in this world ??? with disaster and diseases,earthquke :eek::(:(:cry::cry::cry:

i know but this is false , The Kali Yuga will continue for another 425,000 years as per common Hindu belief

robot Robot Will Destroy Humans
you know
click here video

website-https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/what-is-kali-yuga-end-the-time.215341/

Shantanu

I do not know how these years tie up with what science tells us about the history of mankind from its arrival as Homo sapiens sapiens, or if it is talking about the time that life began on Earth. Going by the 425,000 years for Kali Yuga, we humans have never lived in the other Yugas.

Disasters, diseases and earthquakes are how Nature is created in all Yugas.

I do not know how these years tie up with what science tells us about the history of mankind from its arrival as Homo sapiens sapiens, or if it is talking about the time that life began on Earth. Going by the 425,000 years for Kali Yuga, we humans have never lived in the other Yugas.

Disasters, diseases and earthquakes are how Nature is created in all Yugas.

some science are false they don't know about religion धर्म

Nature not created
almighty god (brahma) created earth or Nature and heaven with all Yugas

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
]चिंता मत करो आप असफल रहे। लेकिन भगवान आपको सत्ययुग या स्वर्ग और न्याय दिवस में माफ कर देगा
dont worry u failed. but god will forgive you in satyug or heaven and judgment day.
I am an atheist and I worry two hoots about your God, but you are an imposter. You are neither a Hindu nor a Vaishnava. You are a christian. Keep on reading your bible but there is no need to spread the bible muck here in Dharmic religions DIR. Go to Religious debates forum or Comparative Religions forum.

I am an atheist and I worry two hoots about your God, but you are an imposter. You are neither a Hindu nor a Vaishnava. You are a christian. Keep on reading your bible but there is no need to spread the bible muck here in Dharmic religions DIR. Go to Religious debates forum or Comparative Religions forum.

i am Vaishnava :) but Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions

Miraculous births story
Jesus was born of a virgin ,called Mary in Bethlehem,Jerusalem

krishna was born of a virgin, called Devaki in mathura ,india

[GALLERY=media, 8766]24280415856_4e192fcc33_b by vishnulakshmi posted Nov 26, 2018 at 7:53 PM[/GALLERY]

ajay0

Thank you for your sweet inputs, Vishnulakshmi. :)

There are similar stories about Jesus and the Buddha as well, being tempted by Satan and Mara respectively.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
krishna was born of a virgin, called Devaki in mathura ,india

Devaki was not a virgin. She had 8 children in total. Six of them were with her husband Vasudeva. Balarama and Krishna were the 7th and 8th. Balarama is said to be an incarnation of Adi Shesha who incarnated to be with his Lord Vishnu when he took birth as Krishna.

There are some parallels in the birth stories of Jesus and Krishna, notably the evil king trying to kill them; mother and (foster)father being of royal descent; hiding them away to protect them; a father who was not their biological father, but God himself; both had a mission to bring justice and knowledge of God back to the world. But that's about the extent of the similarities.

Given that Krishna's story predates the Jesus story by about 1,000 years (give or take), I think the Jesus story is a retelling of Krishna's story, having been carried back and forth over the east-west trade routes that went from the western part of the Roman Empire, through the Middle and Near East, to India and China.

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
So, an answer from a Devi Bhakti with a keen interest in Dhumavati (whenever I hear about Her I perk up).

Dhumavati is the 'widow' form of Shakti. Dhumavati is Shakti after dissolution when there is no Lakshmi or Alakshmi, no Parvati or Mahadeva. She has consumed Shiva - making Her a widow - along with everything else. All that remains after dissolution is Shakti. As Shakti and Shiva are nondifferent it can also be said that all that exists is Shiva.

While Dhumavati is seen as inauspicious She does not act that way. She is still our Mother and even when there is no desire left, when we have dissolved back into ShivaShakti, She is there because the cycle continues and She will be the one to continue it. From Herself the universe expanded. Into Herself it is withdrawn at the end. And from Herself the universe will burst again into existence.

Amma is always. Without Amma nothing can happen.