• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who imprisoned us?

atanu

Premium Member
It can be a scary ride, but I'm sometimes confused when people focus on the negative aspects of it only.
I'd also say that the alternate rides looked somewhat limited to me.

In this case, we are not focusing on the negative but keeping the focus on the fact that nothing of that for which we strive passionately and/or cling to will survive.

Bird123

Why did you take birth? To toil lifelong, to bring children into this world, try to give them education, and die in the end — most likely in pain?

Who is responsible for this?

Nobody can put you into a prison. You are already there.
Jiddu Krishnamoorthy

Life is the education of God's children. Each freely chooses ahead of time in order to learn to be like God.

When times are good, one sits back and enjoys the ride. When adversity hits, one has to think, study, analyze, plan, and learn so many lessons on the road to resolution.

We all have the power to Choose what we deem important. We can choose to see only doom and gloom OR we can choose to see the Goodness, Happiness, Love, and Kindness that is all around the world. We can choose to teach others doom and gloom OR we can teach others Happiness, Love, Kindness, and Goodness.

Which do you choose to value? Which Box do you choose to live in? It has always been in each one of our hands what lessons we are choosing to learn.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

atanu

Premium Member
That simply sounds more like a form of detachment to me.

I agree. You can say that. Actually that is the goal and that goal is attainable through knowledge of one’s reality. We, due to very long habit, are entangled with body, mind, and related events as affecting ‘me’.

Meditation, however, slowly helps to break that entanglement with body-mind. I agree that for most but the very seasoned meditators this may yet sound too esoteric.

atanu

Premium Member
Life is the education of God's children. Each freely chooses ahead of time in order to learn to be like God.

When times are good, one sits back and enjoys the ride. When adversity hits, one has to think, study, analyze, plan, and learn so many lessons on the road to resolution.

We all have the power to Choose what we deem important. We can choose to see only doom and gloom OR we can choose to see the Goodness, Happiness, Love, and Kindness that is all around the world. We can choose to teach others doom and gloom OR we can teach others Happiness, Love, Kindness, and Goodness.

Which do you choose to value? Which Box do you choose to live in? It has always been in each one of our hands what lessons we are choosing to learn.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Well said.

Hi atanu!

I'm not convinced there's ultimately a "who" at the bottom of these questions, perhaps just a "what."

Is there evidence that convinces you it's a "who"?

I agree that it is not "who" but "what." The "what" is "sin." Compare: Romans 5:21; 6:6; John 8:34; James 1:15.

Fascinating. Any evidence for that?

(Citing more Bible passages won't help. They are claims, not evidence.)

When Adam disobeyed God’s law, he surrendered perfect control of himself to his sinful desires-which in return-is what made sin, his master. (Genesis 3:7) Compare Romans 6:16; James 1:14, 15. Because he sold himself under sin, all of his offspring were also sold to the enslavement of sin. That is why the apostle Paul wrote: “I am fleshly, sold under sin.” (Romans 5:12-14, 17; 7:14-25) Therefore, all of us are slaves to sin and deserving of death, not life.-Romans 7:10, 11.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
When Adam disobeyed God’s law, he surrendered perfect control of himself to his sinful desires-which in return-is what made sin, his master. (Genesis 3:7) Compare Romans 6:16; James 1:14, 15. Because he sold himself under sin, all of his offspring were also sold to the enslavement of sin. That is why the apostle Paul wrote: “I am fleshly, sold under sin.” (Romans 5:12-14, 17; 7:14-25) Therefore, all of us are slaves to sin and deserving of death, not life.-Romans 7:10, 11.

Nevermind.