• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who imprisoned us?

chinu

chinu
I'm talking about other life, not humans. What is their purpose?
As I said earlier.
To find permanent happiness.

Not only other-life, But, all-life are searching permanent-happiness.

Depending on the type of life, this desire compel to pass through many stages :)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
As I said earlier.
To find permanent happiness.

Not only other-life, But, all-life are searching permanent-happiness.

Depending on the type of life, this desire compel to pass through many stages :)

This hardly equates with what we see though - predators, parasites and such, and the vast majority of the young of many species being food for others before they have a chance to achieve any 'happiness'.

chinu

chinu
This hardly equates with what we see though - predators, parasites and such, and the vast majority of the young of many species being food for others before they have a chance to achieve any 'happiness'.
Sometimes, you might have also seen them eating more than what is required to survive. why ?

No doubt, they are HAPPY after eating stomach full food.
But, this HAPPINESS is Impermanent.

They eat, and eat, and eat, and so on.. because they running in the wrong direction of finding permanent happiness. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Life is already there, by default. There's no need to have life.
This question/helplessness occurs after into life.

Which brings us full circle back to the question posed in the OP. Why is l life "there by default?" Who is responsible?

chinu

chinu
Advaita Vedanta
You profile displays your religion as Advaita Vedanta.
And I have a question for you.

What does the word "Paramanand" means in Vedanta ?
Find out.

Its the composition of two words Param-Ananda.
Param = Ultimate.
Ananda = Happiness.

Find ultimate-happiness, or say permanent-happiness.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Sometimes, you might have also seen them eating more than what is required to survive. why ?

No doubt, they are HAPPY after eating stomach full food.
But, this HAPPINESS is Impermanent.

They eat, and eat, and eat, and so on.. because they running in the wrong direction of finding permanent happiness. :)

Doesn't seem to answer the question as to why, for example, 99% of the young of some particular species will be food for others before they even get a chance to grow into an adult. The rest of life seems to have only one purpose, to reproduce, and much behaviour is aimed towards this - even if it becomes quite complex such as communal living and social grouping.