• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Here Wears A Face Mask When In Public?

Currently I_______________ wear a face mask

• Total voters

Skwim

Veteran Member

Just curious.

1) Always.

2) Most of the time

3) Sometimes

4) Never

UPDATE: FYI
HERE is a state by state listing of Covid-19 stats as of April 2/2020 in the form of a chart as shown below.

coronavirus stats.png

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member

Just curious.

1) Always.

2) Most of the time

3) Sometimes

4) Never​

Note, your name will appear in your answer. (Or at least it's suppose to.)

Is this still up to date info?
‘The World Health Organisation (WHO) currently advises people to only wear masks if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms or caring for someone who may be infected.

They warn that wearing a mask if you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill is a waste of a mask, at a time when there is a worldwide shortage.’

Source: Coronavirus: World Health Organisation to review whether masks help prevent COVID-19 spread

FWIW I voted never

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I recall there was some news story going on today about the CDC and Trump that might contradict that. But I could have read wrong. I'll look for the article, but just posting here now because sometimes people are good at looking these things up and deciphering themselves. Nothing wrong with another set of eyes.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Just curious.

1) Always.

2) Most of the time

3) Sometimes

4) Never​

Note, your name will appear in your answer. (Or at least it's suppose to.)

I wear my balaklava when I am shoveling the snow and the temp is below 20 degrees and there is a strong wind. It's brutal on the skin otherwise. Also, I have a fashionable scarf I pull up when the temp is below zero to keep me warm. Otherwise, I don't wear a mask if it's warmer.

Of, and if I'm trying to rob people. The mask protects the identity. ;)

74x12

Mandatory where I work for a few weeks. No idea where they get so many surgical type masks. :mask: Maybe directly from China.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Emphasis mine

This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I recall there was some news story going on today about the CDC and Trump that might contradict that. But I could have read wrong. I'll look for the article, but just posting here now because sometimes people are good at looking these things up and deciphering themselves. Nothing wrong with another set of eyes.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Of, and if I'm trying to rob people. The mask protects the identity. ;)

Only if you're going with an old school bank job. Electronically skimming accounts is more compliant with social distancing rules. I'm just suggesting this to look after your health, and have some consideration of the health of elderly bank staff.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
India is under lock-down. Any one out for supplies has to wear a mask. That is the law. Otherwise Indian police confronts you. They don't recite any 'whatever is recited in the USA' before arrest. They just hold the person by his collar and push/shove him in the police car. :)

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
India is under lock-down. Any one out for supplies has to wear a mask. That is the law. Otherwise Indian police confronts you. They don't recite any 'whatever is recited in the USA' before arrest. They just hold the person by his collar and push/shove him in the police car. :)
They do make them do "Push ups + Squats" I have seen:), which is a great thing ... good exercise for the longs, which is corona related:)

stvdv

Just curious.

1) Always.
I ordered masks a week ago, and got them the day before yesterday. So I tried it out, when going into the Super Market
Felt very good, normally I am sneezing all day (because of kidney troubles), but with the mask on, no more sneezing
Probably because it is very warm on the face. Disadvantage of this mask is, that my glasses are fogging up

So, when I don't wear a mask in the supermarket, people are not happy when I sneeze all the time
Now, with mask, at least 1 man said "you freak me out, wearing a mask" ... meaning "he was confronted with his fear, not wearing one

Choice for me is easy. I better wear a mask when in public
People who (unknowingly) have corona, can't infect others, when sneezing in their own mask
So, if all would wear masks, no one could infect others, so corona would die out fastest
(Hypothetically: Corona only gets transferred in this way. Scientists now consider, that it might be transferred by breath even)

But, as it is free (in Holland) to wear or not to wear a mask, all can choose what they want

Check Corona by Breath @20min52sec

Last edited:
‘The World Health Organisation (WHO) currently advises people to only wear masks if they are ill with COVID-19 symptoms or caring for someone who may be infected.

They warn that wearing a mask if you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill is a waste of a mask, at a time when there is a worldwide shortage.’

It's still **** advice, like saying only put on your seat belt after you've had an accident. Asymptomatic carriers are just as infectious as those who know they are ill, we want them wearing masks too. It should be a legal requirement to wear them in public.

If you have a quality mask lying around as many people do from work, DIY, etc. wear it.
If not, make your own and cover your face with a scarf/t-shirt/etc.

Neither of these reduce the medical availability of masks for frontline workers. Governments should ban the sale of anything that could go to hospitals with severe penalties.

The fewer people who get sick, the fewer medical grade masks are needed. It is irresponsible not to wear one as it worsens the mask shortage.

stvdv

It's still **** advice, like saying only put on your seat belt after you've had an accident
100% agreed

Governments should ban the sale of anything that could go to hospitals with severe penalties.
No need for severe penalties. I just read in the news, that USA refused a few million masks because they were not "as they liked them"
They were not ffp3, but still KN95. First things first, be grateful you get some, not picky. Below can be fake news, I don't think it is
Coronavirus: US Won't Allow Imports Of Millions Of KN95 Masks

The fewer people who get sick, the fewer medical grade masks are needed
100% agreed.

It is irresponsible not to wear one as it worsens the mask shortage.
100% agreed. And only go outside if you MUST. Always alone, talk not to others. Keep a few meters distance.