• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who here can rollerskate?

Laika

Premium Member
Like this!

...I got little Jenna rollerskates for Christmas, and I want to get her into classes to learn how to skate this way.

We had an "end of school" activity day. I believe my form tutor said to my mum (who was the art teacher) she thought I was a really nice kid, but she didn't know I could swear like that until I tried to rollerskate. I think that is the only time I've ever tried it and I've kept my feet firmly on the ground ever since. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I roller skated as a child, no real tricks, (the best trick was staying on 8 wheels).

We had a very long hill close to home with a wonderful road going over it, i would get to the top and race cars to the bottom. I would reach speeds of 40+mph on those skates with no protective gear.

Until one of the cars was dads, wow did i get a roasting ;-)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I was willing to fall snowboarding, but not on pavement.

I thought about this, those tiny wheels spinning so fast, each i unison with the others must radiate a magical field that disrupts the fear centres so on rollers skates you have no fear of falling

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I thought about this, those tiny wheels spinning so fast, each i unison with the others must radiate a magical field that disrupts the fear centres so on rollers skates you have no fear of falling
I went kersplat many a times on them. :laughing:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Like many others in this thread, I did some rollerskating when I was a kid, and I got to a certain level of competency.

They usually played the popular music of the day, but one day they decided to play Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, and it turned into an utter fiasco, as shown here in the video footage.