• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who here can rollerskate?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Like this!

...I got little Jenna rollerskates for Christmas, and I want to get her into classes to learn how to skate this way.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Used to be able to ... but not done so for nearly 40-years. Also now have plastic knees.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I've done it. Not like that video though. It was a fad that swept through here, mid eighties, lasted maybe 4 years, if that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I haven't roller skated in many, many years, not sense a tornado blew away the last rink in the area. I ised to have roller blades, and while I was better at those they were still hard with crooked shins amd feet that point outwards.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Pretty much this.

About half a century ago, there was no internet or texting. Teenagers roller skated a good bit, here where I live.
Tom
I'd want to have a padded motorcycle suit, but I'd be interested in trying this kind of thing. I'd need to work out more first, but I think I could do it.

PureX

Veteran Member
I bought some rollerboots a few weeks ago. I haven't done it in ages. I hope for better weather then I can practice.
When I was a kid, we just went to the local roller rink and learned on our own. It was all part of the fun. That rink is still there, and kids still go there to roller skate. So I guess it's still fun. I don't know how they do it with their faces in their smart phones, though.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

Those guys are at the point where the skates are a natural extension of their body. Their mind does all the hard work for them because it has become so practiced, and they just get to focus on the choreography. Watching my son on his "hoverboard" is like this. Anymore, it's basically a part of him when he's riding it.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid, we just went to the local roller rink and learned on our own. It was all part of the fun. That rink is still there, and kids still go there to roller skate. So I guess it's still fun. I don't know how they do it with their faces in their smart phones, though.
No rink here lol, I live nowhere. I have plenty of places to go though.

PureX

Veteran Member
No rink here lol, I live nowhere. I have plenty of places to go though.
I'm way past the roller-blade age, but I see a lot of younger people around here still using those, particularly in the state park, where there is a very long smooth bike/walking path. They look like fun, and good exercise, too.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
grizzly-bear-riding-skateboard-vector-14590131.jpg

I never use to and I still don't